Former-Muslim atheists are getting bolder, and growing....

Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 5:28 am

I wish the below was subtitled in english, but I will try to summarize what they're saying.

It is a debate between a cleric and an atheist (egyptians):
Transcript in summary:
Cleric: (At the beginning talking about how islam says to attack attackers and not to attack others (which contradicts the concept of offensive jihad)...etc)
The Host lady: Shall we attack who becomes atheist according to you?
Cleric: Look, we first talk with the atheist and try to convince him, if he repents and returns to Islam, then no problem, but if he doesn't....here on the TV live I send a message to authorities, that every atheist who publicly talks about his atheism should be arrested. There's a difference: atheists are free to be atheists as long they keep it to themselves, the are many muslims who actually don't practice islam in privacy.
Atheist guy: So you want people to keep lying...
The Host lady: Let's hear his pov first then we hear yours.
Cleric: They are free to think what they want, but to talk about their atheism in public, facebook, media,....then I, Salem bin Abdl el Galil, through your program, I will ask the authorities to investigate with those, by investigation I don't mean to kill them or to jail them but to ensure an environment of calmness in the nation, if they abide by this then no problem.
The Host lady: and if they don't abide?
Cleric: If they don't abide, then the court should take the necessary measures against them, it may be jail.
in Sharia, we punish the apostate who publicly talks about his apostasy, and talks badly about religion, and causes corruption among the believers.
Is it right to kill him? it depends on the sharia court's decision.
I am afraid for Ahmad's life (the atheist guy) that someone may kill him after he leaves the studio,
Atheist sarcastically:don't worry..
Cleric: so instead of letting get himself killed so I tell to authorities, take him, confine him, and protect him. -
Atheist sarcastically: ...and throw him in jail.
Cleric: jail may protect him... when he goes back to Islam, then all is solved!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 6:15 am

Frightening, yet so ridiculous at the same time.
Keep posting, Boo. :ninja:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 11:35 am

Yeah, fascinating thread, thank you for posting this :thumright:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 3:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 3:12 pm

A Saudi cheikh complaining about the rise of Atheism in Arabia..

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 3:26 pm

This program claims that atheism is rising in Saudi Arabia, to about 5% of young people.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 5:44 pm

I came to realization that this thread is so depressing for me.
Taking a break.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 5:58 pm

Thanks for having made this thread TFoB.
It's amazing to see that this is really happening.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 6:37 pm

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread, Boo.
It's fascinating to read about change in cultural and ideological views in the Middle East.

I can only imagine you had a lack of responses due to fear of being reprimanded by the mods for hate speech, when in actuality this thread has been a huge insight into an increasing trend of Atheism and how dangerous that trend is in your part of the world.

Peace, man.
Maybe catch you in the Nice Guy threads :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm

I do think it's great news that the culture's at least starting to break the bonds and I'm hoping that it will be enough for regular and public self-critique of the religion as well as self-policing to take place.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm

Licence to kill:
Issue date: 1400 years ago
Validity: For all places and all times
Issued by: Mohammad the Prophet of Allah.
Number of hadith:1891 in Sahih Musallem via Abi Huraira, that Prophet said:
"An unbeliever and his killer never meet in hell."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:02 am

Translation:

Is ISIS a copy of Mohammad and Islam? A chat conversation between Abi Bakr el Baghdadi and Mohammad.

Mohammad: Did you take me as a role model, Abi Bakr?
Abi Bakr: Yes prophet, we've killed like you had killed, and we've enslaved women like you had enslaved them, we have done raids like you had done, and we've raped women like you had done, and we've taken goodies like you had done, and we've displaced people like you had done.

Mohammad: But I killed in one day 900 of Bani Kurayda, and I have displaced chritians from Arabia, and I have sliced Oum Qarfa between two camels and many others, and I haven't left in Arabia any other except my followers.

Abi Bakr: And we, O Prophet, we have killed Christians, Shia, and a lot of Kufar, and we have displaced the Christians of Mosul, Syria and we've slayed a lot. You are our role model, Prophet of God!!

Mohammad: But I have enslaved women of Awtas, and women of Byzantine and I had a lot of sex queens and sex slaves, and I have raped Safiya before I marry her and after I have exterminated her clan, her parents, her father and her husband.

Abi Bakr: I would sacrifice my father and mother for you, Prophet. You are my leader.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2016, 8:35 am

Spoke with a kurdish man from Aleppo yesterday.
He told me that under Kurdish people in Iraq and Syria there's an increasing interest in their Kurdish pre-islamic roots. Especially because of IS; they hate IS, start to identify IS with islam and then get to hate islam. Especially because IS killed so many people. This man adheres to Zardashti religion (=Zoroastrism, pre islamic religion from Iran). He summarized it like this: in our religion we have no spirits, no saints, no devil, but we have earth, water, fire and air. So it is all about nature.
Reminded me of Nietzsche (Also sprach Zarathustra), Zardasht=Zoroaster=Zarathustra, same guy
On his Syrian ID card is written that he is muslim ,he has no chance to get rid of this, but that's only a paper.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

Quote:
Spoke with a kurdish man from Aleppo yesterday.
He told me that under Kurdish people in Iraq and Syria there's an increasing interest in their Kurdish pre-islamic roots. Especially because of IS; they hate IS, start to identify IS with islam and then get to hate islam. Especially because IS killed so many people. This man adheres to Zardashti religion (=Zoroastrism, pre islamic religion from Iran). He summarized it like this: in our religion we have no spirits, no saints, no devil, but we have earth, water, fire and air. So it is all about nature.
Reminded me of Nietzsche (Also sprach Zarathustra), Zardasht=Zoroaster=Zarathustra, same guy
On his Syrian ID card is written that he is muslim ,he has no chance to get rid of this, but that's only a paper.

Not only the kurds, as you can see, some of these messages are wrote for non-arab audiences such as kurds, berbers, turksmen, ashurians... etc.

People are getting smarter and more educated; they are starting to understand Islam very well... but this is double edge, because a full understanding of Islam by a muslim either lead him to total islamization (fundamentalism) or to a total disbelief in islam.
That's why there had been an increase in both; Middle Easern societies are becoming more polar but I am afraid fundies are still way more.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 1:13 pm

Mohammad is pretty much like Christopher Columbus, but with an influence effect like 100 times.

I think many american kids grew on the idea that Columbus was a great explorer who discovered their continent; they grew on an embellished image of him; and probably many americans still think of him like that.
It is only recently that ugly facts about him had been surfaced to the public.

Many of us, grew on a very embellished image of Mohammad; they taught us he is the greatest prophet, greatest human, greatest leader.... the ideal role model in everything.

I recall very well that Arabic literature teachers tended to tell us stories of the prophet when we were kids (even though it was against the school policy to teach religion; it was a secular french school, and there were even some christians kids among us); I recall in one session we were all very surprised when we found out polygyny- it was totally an alien concept for us because it doesn't exist in our culture, even among the muslims (most islamized former-christian cultures still don't practice polygyny) , we all had one mom one dad; and no other. When we asked the teacher why he allowed polygyny and she was like "arabs were polygynous way more before islam, islam limited thr number to four" and I recall she recited a verse about how one should be 100% fair between them but she said that it's impossible for any man to not prefer one over another, therefore allah means only one wife for normal humans, it's weird but it's a very common interpretation; it is based on this idea that many muslim communities persisted as largely monogamous.

I recalled we asked a teacher once why the prophet married so many wives and she was like those were only political marriages to ally with tribes for the greater good: spreasing islam.

I even recall that we were told tbat the marriage with the 9 years old Aisha was only on paper for alliance reasons; and that he waited till she became much older.

She didn't tell us about the sex slaves, about sleeping with the child wife, about the wife who got forced into marriage after her parents got killed by him...
I highly doubt she even knew about these ugly facts.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm

Christians had the crusades, and the Torah is full of the spoils of war. So why have these religions mostly outgrown their gruesome past, but not Islam fundamentalists? There are plenty of references to slavery being just fine throughout the Bible, and beating people, ETC. Yet, most Christians don't practice these things.

Being halfway around the world, I can't speak to the culture of the extremists in the Middle East. One thing all these killers of all these different religions have in common though: they're all taking the words of human prophets literally and as righteous divinity.

Open atheists in the Middle East are so brave! I can't even imagine what it must be like.