05 May 2007, 7:12 am

Unrequited love is hard. :P

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:36 am

Sopho wrote:
Unrequited love is hard. :P

But, uh...can you at least...at least tell her that I can...I can hunt; fish, boar, deer and/or whatever she requires…I can provide! Uh…I understand…. Just…just let her know that I’m here thinking of her perfect persona with her little pink nose…. I wouldn’t expect anything in return! Uh...don’t worry about it….

*SIGHS*

*WALKS AWAY*

Uncertain-Late
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2007, 5:37 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
But, uh...can you at least...at least tell her that I can...I can hunt; fish, boar, deer and/or whatever she requires…I can provide!

LOL

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:59 pm

Darn. And here I was, about to post that my cat Molly is too, well, female to be a match. And old, and blind, and deaf, and needy... :P

geek
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 9:06 pm

Sopho wrote:
The search has now been called off. Flo is asexual and only wants friends.

Sure, she says that now, but just wait until the next time she's in heat.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:53 pm

Wish I had a cat and lived close enough for your cat to have a friend, alas I live too far away and with a cat hater :(

Sopho wrote:
Her interests are sleeping and eating and she would like to find a cat who will sit in the garden eating grass with her.
don't cats normally get sick when they eat grass?

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:55 pm

Pikachu wrote:
Wish I had a cat and lived close enough for your cat to have a friend, alas I live too far away and with a cat hater :(
Sopho wrote:
Her interests are sleeping and eating and she would like to find a cat who will sit in the garden eating grass with her.

Yeah but they do it tog et rid of furballs or something I think. She doesn't do it very often, in fact, she rarely goes out lol

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:12 pm

Sopho wrote:
Pikachu wrote:
Sopho wrote:

Yeah but they do it tog et rid of furballs or something I think. She doesn't do it very often, in fact, she rarely goes out lol

Yeah, cats (and dogs, too, for that matter) eat grass to help them purge their stomachs if they think they've eaten something bad.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:24 pm

Flo likes to eat grass. Maybe she thinks she's a cow :lol:

Grass is not very digestible, but sand, grit is better to purge the stomach. That’s what birds use.

Activated charcoal can reduce up to 60% of poisonous substances being absorbed.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:33 pm

0_equals_true wrote:

I think she's having an identity crisis. :D

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:36 pm

Sopho wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

I think she's having an identity crisis. :D

Maybe you should make her some horns :P

dumbgenius
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 6:38 pm

I had a cat that ate corn to prevent other cats from eating it, even though the other cats just wanted to sniff it and see what it was. That cat ate nearly half a plate of corn. So the only times I've seen cats eat a plant is either because another cat is interested in it, or they need to cough up some fur. I'm guessing their body eventually rejects the plants and causes them to cough it up along with fur.

Quote:

And that charcoal stuff works on people too. If you don't want to get drunk, just take a charcoal pill before you drink and it'll absorb a lot of the alcohol.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 6:46 pm

dumbgenius wrote:
I had a cat that ate corn to prevent other cats from eating it, even though the other cats just wanted to sniff it and see what it was. That cat ate nearly half a plate of corn. So the only times I've seen cats eat a plant is either because another cat is interested in it, or they need to cough up some fur. I'm guessing their body eventually rejects the plants and causes them to cough it up along with fur.

Quote:

And that charcoal stuff works on people too. If you don't want to get drunk, just take a charcoal pill before you drink and it'll absorb a lot of the alcohol.

Yes I know they use it in A&E. You can actually drink it with the toxin. That was the original experiment. Also whiskey is also used against industrial alcohol. It is a very pure solvent.

Some medical interns have been known to hook themselves up to IV dielectric fuid for their drinking sessions.

Grass cannot be digested by cats (or humans). Cows have four stomachs in order to digest it. Roughage/fibre such as the outer parts or corn comes out in poo. It helps push things though the bowel. It is not necessarily absorbent against toxins. But by virtue of being a physical obstruction it can help.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 06 May 2007, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 6:57 pm

Some animals rely heavily on bacteria for digestion. Partly the reason why cows produce 30% of methane. Other animals have very acid stomachs. They have to be careful not to eat something that might react with this. There are animals that swallow pebbles and these reside in their stomach and that is used for grinding the food down somewhat.