Page 242 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245 ... 252  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

"I think you mean cakes, plural." Lychee grinned as they walked into the dining room, giving a knowing look at the two cakes on the table. Lychee's mother was already standing there, lighter at the ready. "Oh hi you all, are you ready to sing happy birthday to the birthday child?" She waited for everyone to sit down before doing anything.

Lychee took a seat at the head of the table. They were too nervous to look at anybody, so they just stared down at the floor awkwardly. This was strange, having all this attention...

Lychee tried to make a joke to lighten the mood, but they were too scared couldn't look at anybody except for their mom. "Y-yeah, it is the grand birthiversary of moi!" They exclaimed, looking at their mom. "Hurry up, peasants!"

Lychee's mother chuckled as she began lighting all 17 candles on the cake. As if to set the mood, Lilli ran over and turned out the lights. There was no light in the room except for the glow of the two birthday cakes, and Lychee's anxious expression was lit up as everyone's eyes turned to them. Lychee looked up and down at the row of people. They had never seen so many folks at one party before. They smiled bashfully. This was awkward....

Lychee's mother inhaled as she started the chorus.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

Bump. .__.

Last edited by Lillikoi on 24 Jul 2017, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:02 pm

Mike hesitates for a moment before joining in but Mars starts adding to the song slightly in an attempt to be funny by saying "cha cha cha" after every "happy birthday to you" in the song.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:34 pm

Guinan sang along, not particularly well but pleasantly enough. She smirked at Mars and continued singing.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

Lychee seemed nervous at first, but they laughed at Mars' "cha cha cha"s. Toward the end of the song, Ki noticed that Lychee's mom sang, "Happy birthday, dear LARKIN..."

"Go on and blow out the candles, honey!" Lychee took in a deep breath, and blew out all seventeen candles at once, causing smoke to billow out everywhere. Everyone clapped as they sat there smiling. Were their... eyes watering?

Gristle frowned. "Are you... crying?"

Lychee was sniffling, overcome with happiness and emotion. "No, I'm not crying! It's just... the invisible ninjas cutting onions!"

"Lies." Ki leaned in and... licked them across the cheek. "See? You are so crying."

Last edited by Lillikoi on 25 Jul 2017, 12:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

As soon as Laura finished squaking out the lyrics, her eyebrows immediately furrowed together in worry. "Oh my god, are you alright?? Are you not happy because Calem didn't sing? Did my singing break your ears from it's awfulness?"
Kimmy made a grossed out expression as Kiki licked Lychee's cheek. "Ewww! you don't just lick peoples faces, Kiki!"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:23 am

Kurea and Aleta watched the whole scenario with interest. Neither of them had ever seen a birthday party before, much less attended one. When Kiki licked Lychee's cheek, Kurea looked sideways at Aleta with a hopeful expression, as if to say 'oh, is that how they display affection here?'

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:14 pm

Lychee gave them a disgusted look. "Dude, what in the actual f**k?" Then they shook their head. "No... I'm just really... happy," Lychee answered Laura.

They looked up and down at the smiling faces of all of the people would come to the birthday party and smiled. "I... I haven't had a birthday party in a really long time. This really means a lot to me. Thank you..." they sobbed.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:09 pm

Bump. ._.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:24 pm

It wandered closer, sniffing at the cake, but then backed away from the smoke wisping around. It smiled, happy just to see Lychee happy.
Where I come from, there are no events like this.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 2:25 pm

Bump.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 3:46 pm

[Where is everyone?]

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:52 pm

Lychee shook their head, using their napkin to wipe the tears from their eyes. "Okay. ...Heh, I think I'm better now." They blew their nose with a loud honk, then gave an awkward smile. "Sorry, I just tend to get a little worked up about things. Anyway, we should probably move on."

They turned to their mom. "Cake time?"

"Cake time."

Lychee got up from their seat, holding their plate excitedly. "Aw, HELL yeah!!"

"Which cake would you like, birthday bashster?" she smiled, holding up the cake cutter. "We've got the coconut cake and the Zelda cake." Lychee glanced between the two cakes on the table. There was the white coconut cake, with buttercream icing and coconut flakes, and the Legend of Zelda cake, which was chocolate with green icing. Lychee put their hands on their hips proudly. "I think I'll have both, since I am the birthday emperor."

Lychee's mother laughed as she cut Lychee a slice of each. "Oh yessss," Lychee hissed as they watched the cake knife slice through the cake. "Gimme a slice of that chocolate deliciousness." Lychee's mother slowly slid the two slices of cake onto their plate. As soon as the cakes touched the dish, Lychee snatched it up and began shoveling the cake into their mouth. "Oh yeah~ Holy sizzling salamanders, chocolate chocolate chocolate."

Lychee's mother looked around and chuckled. "Alright, who's next?"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:17 pm

Mars is about to get some cake when he hears the distant sound of thunder. He is nearly scared off his feet and he yells "S**t, we are being bombarded!" and he hides under the table. Mike opens the window to reveal that it is raining and says "Mars, chill. It's just a thunderstorm."

Mars hesitantly comes to the window and sticks out his hand to feel the rain. "That is weird... My dad told me about weather on Earth, I never really understood the appeal of living in a planet where such crazy weather exists, the craziest thing we have on Mars is the occasional dust storm."

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:15 pm

Lychee's gratitude to the group for simply attending their party moved Guinan. "What's there to be sorry for? Everyone's been having fun," she said.

As Mars dove for cover, Guinan remarked, "It does sound a little like an explosion if you're not used to it."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm

Ki had just finished getting a slice of cake and was sitting down to eat it when they witnessed Mars freak out and roll under the table. When they heard thunder strike, they didn't react at all but simply laughed. "Hahaha!" They ducked their head under the table so they were looking down at Mars and grinned. "...You're cute. But no need to freak out, it's just thunder."

When Mars got out from the table and walked over to the window, Ki looked up with curiosity. "Heh?" They walked over with interest and stuck their hand out the window. "What do you mean, you've only ever seen dust storms? What is this Mars like?"

They shifted their gaze from Mars to look out the window. "I'm from a planet called Paval, but I don't remember anything about it. I remember we had lots of precipitation, though…" Ki stared out emptily as they felt the rain, as if looking at it might give them answers. "I wish I could remember more."

They stood there for several more minutes in silence. Ki didn't seem to be looking at anybody. They were stuck in their own little world.

"Hey!" Suddenly they turned to
Mars with a daring grin. "Wanna go outside in the rain? ...Just you and me?"