Page 218 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 252  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:28 pm

(OOC: I accidentally had Lychee say Lilli's name. Ignore that. They've never met Lilli.)

Lillikoi wrote:
Quote:
Lychee's eyebrows were creased with concern. "Did... something upset them?"

Suddenly Naomi spoke up rather uneasily from one end of the table. "I-- I asked them about their family."

Lychee's eyes went wide. "You what?"

She shrank back. "I didn't realize it would be such a big deal! They just offhand mentioned a sister ar some point, so I asked about their sister. They didn't answer me."

"...And that's when they suddenly got all upset and left." Lychee said.

Naomi gulped. "Yeah."

Lychee's voice became downcast. "...s**t.

Lychee turned to Laura with a look of confusion. "That was their name, right? The kid in the kimono?"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:37 pm

[^^Don't you mean Lilli, not Lychee?]

It began wandering around the room, hands outstretched, checking for any hidden portals that might be around.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:07 am

Laura nodded. "Yep, that was their name."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:56 am

(Okay. At this point, I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just gonna do a time skip.)

That moment passed, and Lychee's mom thanked everyone for coming and then they packed up all of their stuff and headed back into the lobby.

It was five-ten in the morning, now. Naomi and Sign had already left, and Kimmy and Lucy had, of course, fallen asleep. Right now, everyone was talking and exchanging goodbyes.

Lychee looked around uneasily. "Uhm... thanks for coming. I was afraid this failed family reunion would turn out to be a blowout."

Suddenly, Lychee's mom whispered something in their ear, and they gasped and looked around and everybody and a smile spread onto their face.

"Really?" they whispered to their mom. Their mom smiled at them and nodded fast.

Lychee suddenly became rather nervous as they looked around at everyone else. "Er... hem!"

Lychee cleared their throat to get everuyone's attention. "Uhm... If I were to have a legit birthday party tomorrow, would you wanna come? It would really mean a lot to me if you could."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:54 pm

It looked excited at the prospect of more food, and nodded eagerly in Lychee's direction.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:01 pm

"This wasn't a legit birthday?" Calem asked.

"Heck yes! No offense intended.... at all, but this was kinda boring." Laura said nervously.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:27 pm

"Hey, at least the food and the music was great," said Dan, "And we get to see you two have a Pokémon battle."

"Until Laura got really upset about it," Rose added.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 6:59 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
"This wasn't a legit birthday?" Calem asked.

Lychee blinked. "No, it... wasn't a birthday at all. It was a family reunion."

Lychee's mother chuckled. "I told them they could invite people, but it looks like the only ones who showed up were you all."

When everyone looked at them confused, Lychee's mother explained. "It's an Alolan tradition, you see." she told everyone. "We don't celebrate birthdays until the day after."

Midnightstar16 wrote:
"Heck yes!" Laura said.
Lychee suddenly seemed more ecstatic than ever before. "I... I've actually never had a birthday party before!" they gasped.

Their mother was about to say something, but Lychee held up their finger. "Josh coming over was not a birthday party. That was a birthday hangout."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:07 pm

What is a birthday? It asked curiously.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:35 pm

Laura made a confused look. "Well I'm not supposed to nitpick on traditions, but..." Laura's eyes immediately we t sparkly. "Wait... if you never had a birthday party before then I'll give you one like you'll never forget!" Laura screeched. "And it's your 16th birthday, right? Normally a girl's 16th is supposed to stand out as being freakin' EPIC, and sure I get that's not quite what you are, but my point still stands! You'll rerember tomorrow for the rest of your life!" She said proudly.

Laura facepalmed at Space Kitty's question. "It celebrates you offically being a year older, and I don't really get why you would want to celebrate that, but it's pretty much this day where everything's all about you." She explained.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:39 pm

(@Lillikoi
At the moment Mike is kinda' trapped on that other world and I can't really do anything if you don't continue making things happen there. :oops: )

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:54 pm

It looked at Laura pointedly. Just because I come from somewhere else does not mean that I am not intelligent. Please,
though, answer this: why a day dedicated to one being? Why not all beings?

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:00 pm

Laura looked at it blankly. "Because that's the day they wre born, on in Lychhes case the day after. It's supposed to be their own special day so they can feel special and... you know, well, loved."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:04 pm

But are they not always special and loved? It persisted, clearly trying hard to understand.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:04 pm

"That's why everyone ever has their very own birthday." Laura said flatly.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:08 pm

The circular reasoning seemed to confuse It even more, but then looked down at their claws as if contemplating something.
Devotion to another being...is it unhealthy?