Page 24 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 108  Next

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:34 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
It seems like those opposed to SJW whine an awful lot for people who think that SJW's are a bunch of whinersvwho complain about non-issues. It's like they don't want to admit that they have feelings or something so rather than admit that their poor feelings got hurt when they got called a sexist or a racist they just project the whininess on to the SJW's as if it is not their own.

(I have no probably with whiners - I have a probably with people who accuse people of whining who do whining themselveses - it's hypocrisy at its finest(.

When it comes to mob SJW bullying, I am firmly opposed but so is every rational person.

Whining is one thing, but those of us who oppose SJWs are taking a stand against something that is actually making our lives harder. It's hard enough being autistic and having social issues, but now they're making the rules even more difficult. I have been ostracized from my cousin because my views are "too controversial" and I have lost a supposed "support group" for the same reason, of which they eventually specified their only problem was that I wasn't talking solely about systemic racism against black people in the US, I was talking about all sorts of other problems as well.

That was their sole reason for kicking me out and I ended up having even worse trust issues, and my depression got even worse, because if you can't trust a support group, if you can't be open in a support group, what are you supposed to do?

They are isolating me, more and more as their ideology takes over, and I can no longer have the freedom to just speak my mind because people don't understand the way I see the world, and it's seen as problematic to treat everyone equally now (yes, I was told that it was racist, multiple times). I apparently can't even speak about men's issues, and have been called misogynistic for defending prostate cancer awareness and talking about male victims of domestic violence. I was informed that by talking about the male victims, I was making the female victims feel less validated (??) somehow.

I'm already pretty isolated as it is. I was finally starting to open up and now, screw humans. I will speak out against SJWs because I am tired of them being idiots and spreading their hateful bigotry. Call me a whiny brat all you want, I don't give a crap. I'm sick of being silenced because people don't like hearing opinions that differ from theirs. I'm sick of being silenced for being who/what I am.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:46 pm

Darmok wrote:
Hofstra University posts trigger warning for tonight's US presidential debate. "If you feel triggered, please know there are resources to help you."

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/hofstra-unive ... ial-debate

(Hofstra University tuition: $40,460/year.)

The trigger warning turns out to be for a separate event going on at the university (something from MTV entitled "@ElectThis"), not for the debate, according to this updated article on The Slot:

http://theslot.jezebel.com/hofstra-univ ... 1787109070

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 7:52 pm

anyone still doubt that truth doesn't exist?...

:)

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 9:13 pm

anagram wrote:
anyone still doubt that truth doesn't exist?...

:)

Truth exists. Whether we humans will ever really know the truth of anything is up for debate. And even if the absolute truth was presented to us, would we accept it if it went against our beliefs, or would we deny it being the truth, as we constantly do? One reason I try hard not to let my feelings dictate my stances. My emotions are fallible. Facts (as in our current knowledge) are less so.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 9:29 pm

well that's one way to look at it. the practical implications are the same though, and it's easier not to lose sight that truth is unreachable if you simply assume that it doesn't exist

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 9:33 pm

There are many "truths."

There is no one "Truth."

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are many "truths."

There is no one "Truth."

It probably also depends on your definition of what truth is. I view a truth as what is, not what people perceive it to be. You can tell someone an experience you had, and say "that's the truth." But there's a bit left off; "that's the truth *as I know it*." Since we never can know everything, we can only see our perspective on things. We can't know what really happened, which would be the absolute truth. Does that make sense?

I think that's one thing that sjws get caught up about. They dictate their view of what is "true" by how they feel, which is why a girl can dream about a guy doing something wrong and she's hurt by it when she wakes up, and demands an apology from the guy, who in reality did nothing and knows nothing of her experience.

We saw similar being discussed in this thread, page 18 or 19, I think, where one said that someone who feels slighted over even a misunderstanding is in the right to demand apology, whether or not the other intended it to be a negative. Personal truth is not absolute truth, but more people are treating it as such. But only with certain slights, of course. If you have "problematic" views, you do not get to decide whether something is offensive to you, like seeing white people filled with White Guilt and preaching White Man's Burden towards Native Americans. That is frankly disturbing to see, but my voice, and the voices of my friends, don't matter because we have WrongThink. They are not working with any truth based in reality, but in their personal feelings and convictions.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:23 am

For someone to profess that truth is relative you sure seem to have convictions about your opinions.

What's some guy and girl got to do with some three-lettered acronym? And race? You think a couple in bed talk about racial supremacy?

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 12:31 am

...wat? :scratch:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 1:20 am

Hillary had a sort of SJW moment in the debate when she said everybody should look at thier implicit bias.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 10:30 am

Mootoo wrote:
For someone to profess that truth is relative you sure seem to have convictions about your opinions.

What's some guy and girl got to do with some three-lettered acronym? And race? You think a couple in bed talk about racial supremacy?

I base my opinions on the information given, as much information I can get. I always acknowledge that I may be wrong, something the people I argue against don't usually do. The guy and girl is an example of how this group thinks, they aren't actual people but were used to explain the group mindset. I have witnessed this quite often.

Their feelings dictate everything. Their convictions are their world. They have said this, time and again, and as such, when they feel like they must stand against something, they will stand against even those they claim to want to help. I have seen numerous black people called "Uncle Tom" and "coon" and other nasty slurs when they disagree with SJWs. They have been told they need to be offended over the same stuff these other people are offended over.

I saw a Filipino get told he was really white and not a true Filipino because he defended white people. I've seen plenty of posts talking about how racist people are if they disagree with BLM, or they're filled with self hate if they're black. Only SJWs' personal convictions are valid, the rest of us who disagree are not. Only their truth is the truth to them, they leave no room for being wrong. They can't be wrong, they've based their entire life on the foundation that their ideology is right, and I have seen some admit that while they know there are things wrong with it, they cannot disagree because they will be ostracized from all their friends, and even family.

This was the most surprising response I've ever seen from someone who could fit under the SJW label. He can admit the other person is right, but he can't bring himself to preach it.

And along with political lesbianism, we now have political trans, due to the societal pressure, such as posts like this one:

These posts are everywhere. Tumblr is the worst, I have seen people bullied over the smallest of things, like a Filipino girl who was bullied because she drew a cartoon character with different hair instead of an afro, or another cartoon character 5 lbs too light. One of their reasons for bullying her was also because she cosplayed an alien from an anime, and they cried "cultural appropriation" and called her "white." Even though she's Filipino...

This is a message I received because I said I couldn't understand how people could get so upset over random internet people shipping two characters together. I have seen so many people bullied because they don't see pairing Pearl and Mayor Dewey from Steven Universe as wrong. It's fanfiction and fanart, and I can't ever get behind censoring people. Let even the racists and hate filled people speak, because so long as they have a voice, so do I. I don't want to silence SJWs, as in force them into silence, I want to share my point of view in contrast to what they do. I want to protest their ideology and actions.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 5:04 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Drake wrote:
Kamiyu910, you are a breath of fresh air.

adifferentname wrote:
As long as the preferred pronoun rule is being applied equally, I'm okay with it.

With that in mind, my preferred pronouns are either "your majesty" or simply "majesty". I shall consider any failure to use my preferred pronouns as a deeply offensive devaluation of my personal experience.

adifferentname is now adifferentpronoun. :wink:

:lol:

Well, if my little comment amused you, I think you'll love this...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 39866.html

Someone only went and did what you said for real! :lol:

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 6:01 pm

https://youtu.be/kMiKYR4XD68

basically, kids are being taught by "the respectable people" that they're morally (and possibly legally) entitled to being teens or preteens for their entire life. and "the respectable people" are starting to demand from everyone that they respect that supposed right. which is completely impossible and paradoxical

"gender is a social construct". so what. that's how identity works. it's a construct. it's a f*****g compromise between tons of conflicting interests. that's how society even exists. money and market also happen to be social constructs. and accountability as well. hmm...

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 6:32 pm

They're rebels without a real cause anymore, so they invent causes where there weren't any before and do more harm than good by demonizing men and seeking not equality but further superiority and hold their own fragile emotions as higher than the freedom of speech of others.

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2016, 9:51 pm

I'm nearly past the sectarian, "left/right" politics though I still have my biases.

"SJWs" are basically extremist armchair activists who represent the left, but the idea that extremists don't represent the right or any other "side" is definitely a myth. On the American right I suppose you could call them "culture warriors", like the American Family Association who think that some Geico commercial featuring a pig is "promoting bestiality".

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:06 am

kamiyu910 wrote:

I base my opinions on the information given, as much information I can get. I always acknowledge that I may be wrong, something the people I argue against don't usually do. The guy and girl is an example of how this group thinks, they aren't actual people but were used to explain the group mindset. I have witnessed this quite often.

Their feelings dictate everything. Their convictions are their world. They have said this, time and again, and as such, when they feel like they must stand against something, they will stand against even those they claim to want to help. I have seen numerous black people called "Uncle Tom" and "coon" and other nasty slurs when they disagree with SJWs. They have been told they need to be offended over the same stuff these other people are offended over.

Most people don't take the internet slime pit that you inhabit seriously. These are .0000001% of the population, and you make it seem like they are taking over the world.