Has your personal style ever attracted the wrong people?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:59 am

MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Its very likely because in anime they have brightly coloured hair, like blue or green or pink.

I get hit on by middle aged guys so I don't know what that says about the way I look :cry:

Trophy wife material?

Just kidding, some of them tend to hit on everything (mid-life crisis and what not), sp don't take it to heart :wink:

Maybe :lol:

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2017, 10:02 am

Alliekit wrote:
MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Its very likely because in anime they have brightly coloured hair, like blue or green or pink.

I get hit on by middle aged guys so I don't know what that says about the way I look :cry:

Trophy wife material?

Just kidding, some of them tend to hit on everything (mid-life crisis and what not), sp don't take it to heart :wink:

I only attract controlling & possessive guys, what does that tell me :lol:
Maybe I should dress less modestly? :lol:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:23 am

MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Trophy wife material?

Get the cleavage out and attract horny teenagers instead hahaha.

Honestly it's like whatever we do is never right :lol:

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2017, 10:27 am

Alliekit wrote:
MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
MsV wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Trophy wife material?

Get the cleavage out and attract horny teenagers instead hahaha.

Honestly it's like whatever we do is never right :lol:

#Truth :roll: :lol:

calendula
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

The Last mistake of a garbage human I attracted into my life was when I wore a drunkenly inspired New Years Eve mask of intense make-up for an experiement. I basically drew on Elizabeth Taylors face on my face.
Maybe that is just asking for it. I feel like I gave him a make-up dependency. Evil women tricking men.

He liked me because I was probably misanthropic and avoidant like he was. He was attracted to the idea that I was crazy, he said. He was attracted to crazy women. That ended very badly.
I think people always think I am Crazier than I actually am.

I am naturally pretty though, and when I stencil the eyebrows perfectly, I attract people very easily.

It makes me feel wierd, because I generally cant handle the stress and intimacy of social relationships. I dont know why. Its just 1 on 1 awkwardness.
Or I cant take my beloved friend seriously when theyre in love with .. abusive men. . . I cant just sit there. You know ?

I find people intense and overwhelming.

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2017, 6:34 pm

I feel like any girl who dresses in "alternative" ways seems more approachable in negative or positive ways. It is a good ice breaker for someone to comment about your cool style, but I have seen TV shows talk about girls like that who have "daddy issues" or low self-esteem (and are desperate/eager).

Or seem more likely to be the type try recreational drugs.

Or seem more likely to engage in fetish and be open sexually.

SEEM.

So the creepy dudes probably watch the wrong shows and feel like they have a better chance.

I dress kind of alternative. Like a kind of rock + cute + 5-year old who dressed themselves for school way. A lot of people assume I use drugs, or smoke, or will jump into their beds.

I don't understand why some of these guys go up to women who really don't seem right for them. Guys with no sense of style, or idea about subcultures going up to alternative women (usually much younger than they are), or women who are in good shape and wearing fitness clothes while looking clean and well put together, while the guy is dressed shabbily and doesn't seem to take care of himself at all.

I mean I'm sure there's a chance somewhere, but don't people usually want to date people who are similar to them? Liking alternative styles, being into fitness, etc.

gilagiraffe
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2017, 5:21 pm

I guess I dress pretty normal... Grandma chic? I dress tznius so I am very conservative. I love cardigans and tights. I'm too old for my age.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

At college, I was once approached in what I can only determine was a 'friendship interview' by some students also doing their a-levels who clearly considered themselves to be gothic, but miserably failed to grasp that concept. They were basically attention-starved scene girl wannabes and as expected, my penchant for dark, smart clothing was not enough to pass their little test: thank god for small mercies!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

One of my styles is like 60s Flower Child----or, one might say "bohemian"----long dress (not floor-length), long hair (past my waist), and long beaded earrings; but, I usually get "biker chick" comments, as opposed to people thinking I'm into drugs (like most think of the sixties), and I find that interesting.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

I dress like a post-apocalyptic elf/fairy with cat-eye makeup, and I tend to attract gamer geeks, and people into spider man and stuff like that. I'm not really into that stuff. I like science, hiking and mysteries.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 11:07 am

HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
I feel like any girl who dresses in "alternative" ways seems more approachable in negative or positive ways. It is a good ice breaker for someone to comment about your cool style, but I have seen TV shows talk about girls like that who have "daddy issues" or low self-esteem (and are desperate/eager).

Or seem more likely to be the type try recreational drugs.

Or seem more likely to engage in fetish and be open sexually.

SEEM.

So the creepy dudes probably watch the wrong shows and feel like they have a better chance.

true.

to be honest that's just what it is - mainstream media ruining everything as usual. Most alt girls are pretty polite/nice, at least over here anyway. It tends to be the alt models who are catty/weird/etc.

I hate how it makes us out to be some kind of morbid druggie or whatevs but I don't even talk to some guys who approach me, especially not normies in metal bars, they can sod right off, some of the s**t they pull is horrendous and has door men barring them for life. They think a metal girl will go for them when we won't even touch some metal dudes themselves with a barge pole. :lol:

HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
I dress kind of alternative. Like a kind of rock + cute + 5-year old who dressed themselves for school way. A lot of people assume I use drugs, or smoke, or will jump into their beds.

I have the same problem with the guys thinking I'll be jumping into their beds part since some of my going out metal club outfits look a bit dom and it's like haaaaaaaaa get f****d. HIGH priorities here. Though it helps knowing really muscled up people when you go out so if you have a problem you can just set the dogs on them. My lesbian friend has literally thrown pervs through tables for me before for a free drink lol!

This reminds me though, the most funny moment I had was when a normie came in who was new to the place and was like "I WISH MY WIFE DRESSED LIKE YOU" dear lord I died laughing.

HouseOfMadpeak wrote:
I don't understand why some of these guys go up to women who really don't seem right for them. Guys with no sense of style, or idea about subcultures going up to alternative women (usually much younger than they are), or women who are in good shape and wearing fitness clothes while looking clean and well put together, while the guy is dressed shabbily and doesn't seem to take care of himself at all.

I mean I'm sure there's a chance somewhere, but don't people usually want to date people who are similar to them? Liking alternative styles, being into fitness, etc.

I imagine it's people who have literally no self awareness at all that do this, they're so stupid. You think these idiot guys would learn that it's not just about them when going after a girl. I'm not surprised some of my single female friends get hopelessly fed up. It's like being constantly bothered by wasps that never leave you alone, they're always out to sting you but can't. I could be out with like 6 or 7 of my female friends for a girly night AND WE ALWAYS get pestered by some idiot. You can't even walk the streets here without some crude comment from desperate guys, guys who have no clue about alt subcultures no less, I don't understand the obsession they have with us other than being pervs. </endrant>

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
In school super awkward guys and the occasional special needs guys were attracted to me. Nothing wrong with either. I just need to meet guys on my level as far as functioning goes.

Happens to me too. I don't really dress extremely modest but I'm usually quiet and reserved when I'm not around my friends so I give that vibe to a lot of people.

The guy I'm dating now is definitely opposite, he's more of a sporty type with his sweatpants, t shirts and sneakers. He is also very fit, he works out and lifts weights, while I do martial arts, also lift weights, and do track as well. Definitely a better match!!