Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 8:55 pm

Maybe if we sent them another $400 million in unmarked bills we could get them to release Pikachu. :D

"Iran bans Pokémon Go, citing 'security concerns'"

http://www.neowin.net/news/iran-bans-po ... y-concerns

"The government of the Islamic Republic of Iran issued a ruling today banning Iranians from playing the popular mobile app Pokémon GO, citing unnamed security concerns."

"The ruling came from the Supreme Council of Virtual Space, a body set up in 2012 by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to monitor and control the internet. The council did not detail why it has banned Iranians from playing the game, saying only that "security concerns" had led to the ruling."

There Are Four Lights!

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 4:43 am

This is pretty fun! I'm around level 11 as we speak, and running just around my apartment has helped me out with hatching some eggs.

Also, I have a 747CP Flareon named 7 Grand Dad. He's really my baby, to be honest.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 6:27 pm

One of the cashiers in Walmart told me there was a rouge Mew running around in the store and that I could try and catch it if I want... Does she even know that Mew is the world's most rare Pokemon and a lot of kids would do anything for just a glance at Mew?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:48 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
One of the cashiers in Walmart told me there was a rouge Mew running around in the store and that I could try and catch it if I want... Does she even know that Mew is the world's most rare Pokemon and a lot of kids would do anything for just a glance at Mew?

I've caught 3 of those...as well as a persian which I guess is the evolved form.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 1:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Midnightstar16 wrote:

I've caught 3 of those...as well as a persian which I guess is the evolved form.

Persian is the evolved form of Meowth, not Mew. :)

I've all but stopped playing now. I was really into it for a few weeks, but now I find that there's little left to do unless I go some distance from home, and I don't have time for that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:49 am

Can anyone help me here:

I think I was mistakenly banned from the game because all the Pokemon stops are gone and the gyms and there are no Pokemon sightings. I think the bugs made the server think I was cheating because it would make me jump locations, GPS wouldn't track me while I was moving so I would have to exit the game and go back on and sometimes the GPS would put me in the wrong location so I would have to reset again. I first noticed this issue around 4:20 PM and I thought at first the removed the stops near me but when I got off at my stop at work, all the Pokemon stops were gone and I looked on a guy's phone and he still had access to the stops but none on my husband's phone. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I am thinking of either opening a new account and seeing if the stops are still there or be done with the game because I don't want to start all over only to find this happening again. Too many bugs in this game. If I can't get this resolved, I might just be done with this game. I had been thinking about quitting due to too many bugs but this is probably the last straw.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 1:08 am

And the stops are back. I am not sure how long this will last but I still alerted the company about their mistake so they are aware of all the bugs that still go on in the game so they won't mistake me as spoofing or cheating when in fact it's the GPS messing up because of the bugs.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 1:34 am

League_Girl wrote:
And the stops are back. I am not sure how long this will last but I still alerted the company about their mistake so they are aware of all the bugs that still go on in the game so they won't mistake me as spoofing or cheating when in fact it's the GPS messing up because of the bugs.

I'm going to take a guess and say they're probably aware of basically ALL of the bugs by now that still need to be fixed. I dont envy them for the extreme flood of reports and such that they must be getting currently.

I'm surprised they released the game in such a funky and unstable state, honestly. It's very... quirky and unreliable.

Dont expect bugfixes to come all that fast. Bugfixing is difficult and often a slow process.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 2:00 am

Misery wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I'm going to take a guess and say they're probably aware of basically ALL of the bugs by now that still need to be fixed. I dont envy them for the extreme flood of reports and such that they must be getting currently.

I'm surprised they released the game in such a funky and unstable state, honestly. It's very... quirky and unreliable.

Dont expect bugfixes to come all that fast. Bugfixing is difficult and often a slow process.

I just don't want to be banned for something I didn't do because of their bugs and then have an IP ban after "so many offenses."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 8:46 am

I don't think bans fit with the style of the game. Not getting distance logged on your eggs seems most likely, if the GPS gets weird readings.

I play on my bicycle, so I sometimes have my phone out, and sometimes have it in my pocket depending on conditions. If I leave the screen on, I always register the distance. If I lock the screen and pocket the phone, it will assume a straight line and give me credit for the distance if I open the game every couple of blocks. It doesn't keep track of time, and then thinks that I'm moving too fast. This is a comical bug, in the sense of Physics, and will be fixed soon, imo.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 7:21 pm

The lawsuits continue.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /88756410/

I'm still very disgusted how people are because of this game. Yes I realize these stories are only a tiny fraction of Pokemon Go players, but it doesn't make them any better. People need to learn to respect stuff more, its not hard to do!

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 7:38 pm

Earthbound wrote:
The lawsuits continue.

I'm still very disgusted how people are because of this game. Yes I realize these stories are only a tiny fraction of Pokemon Go players, but it doesn't make them any better. People need to learn to respect stuff more, its not hard to do!

I'd be interested to know some of the actual psychology behind people doing things like this. You know, stomping around in people's yards or whatever just because of this. It's certainly true that they're the minority, but that same psychology shows up in normal online gaming too (though it has different manifestations there, obvously), and it's just as fascinating there. If that makes any sense.

....also people just need to be less bloody stupid.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 10:20 pm

Are you serious?!?! I'm not hating on anybody who doesnt play the game, but people need to use their heads! It's really fun if you stay within the bounds of where your supposed to be, and just enjoy the friggin' gamewith logic!

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 4:43 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Are you serious?!?! I'm not hating on anybody who doesnt play the game, but people need to use their heads! It's really fun if you stay within the bounds of where your supposed to be, and just enjoy the friggin' gamewith logic!

Something I've learned after enough time dealing with random other people IRL is that LOTS of people dont use their heads. There's that old saying, "use your head for something other than a hat rack!". Many of them would have trouble doing even that.

So while I find the actions of these people confusing and nonsensical.... I dont find it SURPRISING.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm

Earthbound wrote:
The lawsuits continue.

It's not because of the game though, those people are probably inconsiderate and disrespectful and don't use their brains with or without the game. Thus I don't see it making sense to blame it on the game, especially since it really isn't the majority of people playing that is the problem.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 6:53 pm

A very strange thing in Pokemon Go has been happening to me lately.

The same group of Pokemon has been folowing me around, Pidgey, Cubone, Meowth, Ghastly, and Pikachu. They all appear at the same time, and if I go somewhere, they dissapear and reappear later. If I catch one, he/she will still be in the group when they spawn again. But here's the strange part, when I'm playing Pokemon Go with my cousin and another Pokemon appears, it'll appear on both her phone and my ipad, but when that group of Pokemon shows up, it's only on my ipad. Strange, right? :|