Why to dads do this to there daughters?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 6:36 pm

Why is it quit common for fathers of teenage girls to go out and search for them if they go to house parties etc.....

I think this only applies if girls don't tell there dads where they have gone to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 6:40 pm

There are excellent reasons for this:

The parents of that girl do not know where she is. She might get caught up in a bad situation with bad people. She can be taken advantage of. Or worse.

If you were a dad, wouldn't you want to know where your daughter is? Wouldn't want to know who she is hanging out with? Wouldn't want to know that she is safe?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 8:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The parents of that girl do not know where she is. She might get caught up in a bad situation with bad people. She can be taken advantage of. Or worse.

If you were a dad, wouldn't you want to know where your daughter is? Wouldn't want to know who she is hanging out with? Wouldn't want to know that she is safe?

Sure but women do deserve independence on level with men

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 8:17 pm

If a girl is under 18, the parent is still legally responsible for them.

I understand the need for independence--but girls can get taken advantage of easier than guys.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 10:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Why is it quit common for fathers of teenage girls to go out and search for them if they go to house parties etc.....

I think this only applies if girls don't tell there dads where they have gone to.

On average women are physically weaker then men. And teenage girls might be more vulnerable to certain treats then teenage boy's. Those dad's just want to make sure that their daughters are safe. And not lying unconscious/death in some bushes, or have become the victim of a 'lover-boy' (basically a sex-slaver who seduces women in order to force them in to prostitution).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 6:47 am

It's because of the double standard. These parties often lead to sex. Parents don't mind their teenaged sons having sex but they're horrified at the notion of their teenaged daughters having sex. This form of sexism is still very prevalent.

ShesGone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2016, 8:12 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
It's because of the double standard. These parties often lead to sex. Parents don't mind their teenaged sons having sex but they're horrified at the notion of their teenaged daughters having sex. This form of sexism is still very prevalent.
Whoa..

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 9:10 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Obvious solution: make just as sure not to let your sons have sex, either. Better yet, make sure they're well aware they're not getting any till such time as they no longer depend on you in any way, because meanwhile you'll use your leverage to force on them whatever measures it takes to guarantee their continued abstinence.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 11:32 am

This thread makes me glad I didn't date in high school. (Although some good-looking boys date as early as in middle school.) Given my abysmal social skills back then, I can only imagine falling flat on my face when dealing with the girl's father.

Oh, and my parents inadvertantly kept me from "getting any". By instilling a curfew until I was 24. Only they failed to do so completely. I found ways to sneak around and lie through my teeth. They were none the wiser.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 11:46 am

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm a guy, an I had to tell my father where I was going if I were to leave the area of my house. If fathers are letting their sons run around without keeping track of them, then I would consider that to be the faulty action.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 11:52 am

Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Obvious solution: make just as sure not to let your sons have sex, either. Better yet, make sure they're well aware they're not getting any till such time as they no longer depend on you in any way, because meanwhile you'll use your leverage to force on them whatever measures it takes to guarantee their continued abstinence.

agreed. The equal standard should be abstinence until adulthood. Furthermore, it should be taught as positive standard.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 12:00 pm

Quote:

You mean something liket this? https://stateofmind13.com/2016/05/17/na ... eview=true

Note: The Boys have no flaws part is bad translation, it should be Boys cannot be ashamed (by sex) - but she's an idiot either way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 1:44 pm

There's a "double standard" because girls are more vulnerable than boys. There's potentially more at stake. It isn't too often that girls take advantage of guys physically.

Of course, boys should be punished severely if they "take advantage" of the girl. And they should tell their parents where they are, too, just like the girl.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm

It's not sexist for fathers to feel more protective over their daughters than their sons, it's just practical. Teen daughters are more likely to be subjected to predatory behaviour from males, they are less able to look after themselves physically, and it has a far worse effect on a teen girl if she gets pregnant than if a teen boy gets someone else pregnant.

It's just nature really. Remember that those dads were teenage boys themselves once and that is where the fear comes from :)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 3:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You mean something liket this? https://stateofmind13.com/2016/05/17/na ... eview=true

Note: The Boys have no flaws part is bad translation, it should be Boys cannot be ashamed (by sex) - but she's an idiot either way.

Her whole point rests on the premise that you simply can’t stop a boy from having sex. Well, I wish that were true, but it’s most definitely not. Therefore, parents can force both their sons and daughters to stay virgins till they’re completely independent—as long as they don’t give a crap about making them strong and really independent, that is. No double standard required.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2016, 3:19 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'd hunt down any teenage sons who went out like that. I had one son who was starting such behavior. Unfortunately, I didn't have custody, so I couldn't actually hunt him down. What I could and did do was let him know that, at his age, anyone over the age of 18 who aided his escapades against his mother's will could be charged and convicted of criminal acts (contribution to delinquency). Likewise, since there was a custody agreement in force, they could also be charged and convicted of "interference in custody" which my state takes very seriously, multiple times becomes a felony. When he realized that he wasn't just going to be cool and rebellious, but he could bring the wrath of CPS down on his "cool" friends (in my state, CPS has a lot of power), who would NOT appreciate it, he calmed down.