DNC chairwomen resigning over email scandal

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Jul 2016, 9:27 am

Wallace probably could of got more of the Eugene McCarthy vote too had he not made Curtis LeMay his VP too many at the end swung to Humphrey especially when LBJ stopped the bombing a couple days before the election. Still 1 in 5 McCarthy voters went for Wallace in the end.

Now lets consider the fact that Bernie represents a much bigger bloc of the Democratic vote than McCarthy ever did, Trump being a cosmopolitan Manhattanite real estate mogul and maverick as opposed to the segregationist former governor of Alabama that stood in that school house door. I'd be a bit nervous!

People are tired of the status quo!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:31 am

But of course :D

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:33 am

Jacoby wrote:
Wallace probably could of got more of the Eugene McCarthy vote too had he not made Curtis LeMay his VP too many at the end swung to Humphrey especially when LBJ stopped the bombing a couple days before the election. Still 1 in 5 McCarthy voters went for Wallace in the end.

Now lets consider the fact that Bernie represents a much bigger bloc of the Democratic vote than McCarthy ever did, Trump being a cosmopolitan Manhattanite real estate mogul and maverick as opposed to the segregationist former governor of Alabama that stood in that school house door. I'd be a bit nervous!

People are tired of the status quo!

Funny thing: You're right, Trump is wealthy, he's done very good with the status quo, how apt do you think he'll be to change that status quo that he's done so well under? Also, "cosmopolitan Manhattanite", better watch yourself-- that sounds like an attack against Hillary to me, but you're claiming that's Trump? Good to know.

edit: typo

Last edited by Aristophanes on 26 Jul 2016, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:34 am

I think Humphrey would have been more beneficial than Nixon, in general.

Both Trump and Hillary would fit the "cosmopolitan Manhattanite" bill, though Trump is actually less "cosmopolitan."

I happen not to mind "cosmopolitan Manhattanites" myself, even though I'm a Bridge and Tunnel person.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:40 am

Hillary is a mercenary, paid by the special interests. She's from wherever they say she's from. Sometimes that's Arkansas, sometimes NYC, sometimes Pennsylvania, sometimes Illinois, it all depends on who she is pandering to at that given moment. She literally changes her accent!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 11:28 am

Jacoby wrote:
Hillary is a mercenary, paid by the special interests. She's from wherever they say she's from. Sometimes that's Arkansas, sometimes NYC, sometimes Pennsylvania, sometimes Illinois, it all depends on who she is pandering to at that given moment. She literally changes her accent!

Trump's changed virtually every one of his political positions, '16 Trump is not '00 Trump-- he used to be for abortion rights, gun control, and a whole host of other "liberal" ideas. The fact is both of them are flip-flopping ego driven hacks playing the populous as a fool, the only difference is one has a D and the other has an R.

edit: grammar.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Trump's changed virtually every one of his political positions, '16 Trump is not '00 Trump-- he used to be for abortion rights, gun control, and a whole host of other "liberal" ideas. The fact is both of them are flip-flopping ego driven hacks playing the populous as a fool, the only difference is one has a D and the other has an R.

Trump has always been consistent on his key issues, if you listen to him from 30 years ago he still sounds largely the same. Trump's social conservatism is not why people are voting for him, I don't think it's a high priority of his.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Trump has always been consistent on his key issues, if you listen to him from 30 years ago he still sounds largely the same. Trump's social conservatism is not why people are voting for him, I don't think it's a high priority of his.

Here's a few since you weren't paying attention--

On the Iraq War:
"Yeah, I guess so," Trump said after Howard Stern asked him if he favored invading Iraq. "You know, I wish the first time it was done correctly."

Now
"I said, 'Don't hit Iraq' because you're going to totally destabilize the Middle East," Trump said during his June 16, 2015 speech announcing his candidacy for president. "I'm the one that made all of the right predictions about Iraq."
----------------------
On Israeli-Palestine issues:

Then
"I want to be very neutral and see if I can get both sides together," Trump said in a December interview with the Associated Press in which he also said a peace deal will depend on "whether or not Israel wants to make the deal."

Now
"When I become president, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on day one," Trump said.

----------------------
On Guns:
Then
Trump previously argued in favor of banning assault weapons and supported "a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun," a position he articulated in his 2000 book "The America We Deserve."

Now
Donald Trump's position on the campaign trail has been clear and unequivocal. "I'm a very strong Second Amendment person," he has said repeatedly.
----------------------

These are just a few that popped right up, virtually every position he holds now is different than it was before he ran for president, and you know what, they'll be different again in 6 months because that's what he does: change his opinions based on public approval, kind of like another sociopath we've been talking about.

I mean this entire thread was supposed to be the left carving itself up with it's own issues, but if you want to divert from that to talk about your own candidates shortcomings and failings, well, I'm not gonna stand in the way: let's discuss how rotten Trump is instead then.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm

Hillary is crumbling! Blaming the Russians! Bernie getting boo'd by his own supporters! More shoes to drop too!

Trump opposed the war early on when it was still considered a spectacular success and the insurgency phase had not started, he was against the war. Some tepid answer 6+ months ahead of time when they were giving us all phony information about weapons of mass destruction isn't something I see as inconsistent, he opposed the war and Hillary was one of its primary backers in the senate! Hillary has never once shown a shred of competence at foreign policy, she is by far the worst Secretary of State in US history and that's even with John Kerry.

We had an AWB already, it did nothing. Don't see these positions as fundamentally different or flip flops like Hillary who has changed everything she has ever stood for.

Sound familiar? Like I said, I don't think Trump cares very deeply about social issues.

Crooked Hillary and the corrupt DNC, the system is rigged!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:12 pm

Pretty clear to me he'll say anything, just like the other side. It's actually pretty safe outside the bubble, Jacoby, you just have to have the courage to step outside it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

Yeah, what I need to do is step inside the bubble world of MSNBC!

Hillary is going all in on Russia, does anybody believe it? What a joke, what are they going to say when one of these new leaks implicate her in a crime? She should step down for the good of her party before it is too late!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:27 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Yeah, what I need to do is step inside the bubble world of MSNBC!

Hillary is going all in on Russia, does anybody believe it? What a joke, what are they going to say when one of these new leaks implicate her in a crime? She should step down for the good of her party before it is too late!

MSNBC merely slapped together a 2 minute segment-- Donald did the damage to himself with his own words. Remember, he did say he's good friends with Hillary and "really likes her".

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

check out Hillary's corrupt VP choice

no more crony capitalists!

Hillary has no defense

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:35 pm

All politicians are whores, that was established as far back as 400 b.c.-- the fact that he only bilked 160k in his 8 years in those offices only says that he's a cheap whore. And what, you think Donald's businesses aren't going to benefit when he gets to control the regulators and administrative budget? That would be very naive.

Last edited by Aristophanes on 26 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
All politicians are whores, that was established as far back as 400 b.c.-- the fact that he only bilked 160k in his 8 years in those offices only says that's he's a cheap whore. And what, you think Donald's businesses aren't going to benefit when he gets to control the regulators and administrative budget? That would be very naive.

The previous governor of Virginia was sent to prison for taking about $160,000 in gifts in his time as governor, fair is fair! Look it up!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:41 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
All politicians are whores, that was established as far back as 400 b.c.-- the fact that he only bilked 160k in his 8 years in those offices only says that's he's a cheap whore. And what, you think Donald's businesses aren't going to benefit when he gets to control the regulators and administrative budget? That would be very naive.

The previous governor of Virginia was sent to prison for taking about $160,000 in gifts in his time as governor, fair is fair! Look it up!

So, he got caught, apparently Tim Kaine was more competent and didn't get caught. Knowing every politician is corrupt, I'll go with competence any day.