California Regional Centers (SF Bay Area) experiences??

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2016, 6:41 pm

Hello,

Any experiences with the CA Regional Center regarding services geared toward clientele with high-functioning Autism?

My experience with Regional Center is to consider self-advocacy. Yet, there are those situations that go beyond self-advocacy; hence, it's necessary to seek the services of a trusted advisor.

Do CA Regional Centers in the SF Bay Area sent clientele to advisors experienced with independent living supports geared toward clientele with high-functioning Autism?

Any examples of specific advisor services in the SF Bay Area?
Thank-you

RELATED: January, 2014 article Temple Grandin ,and the San Andreas Regional Center.
Temple Grandin: 'Half of Silicon Valley's Got Mild Autism.'
http://www.montereyherald.com/article/Z ... /140128430

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2017, 8:13 pm

ADDENDUM:

Steve Silberman's Feb, 2016 story, 'Why is Silicon Valley the Home of Autism?'
LINK: http://www.mamamia.com.au/autism-research/

Article mentioned, Ron Huff of the California Department of Developmental Services. Huff noted a disproportionatly high demand for Autism services in the Silicon Valley.

By any chance has Mr. Huff, and his agency reassessed just what specific services are needed, and appropriate for Aspergers; that is services appropriate for clientele with least restrictions to independence?

Is there contact information available for Ron Huff?

Thank-you

Here wrote:
Hello,

Any experiences with the CA Regional Center regarding services geared toward clientele with high-functioning Autism?

My experience with Regional Center is to consider self-advocacy. Yet, there are those situations that go beyond self-advocacy; hence, it's necessary to seek the services of a trusted advisor.

Do CA Regional Centers in the SF Bay Area sent clientele to advisors experienced with independent living supports geared toward clientele with high-functioning Autism?

Thank-you

RELATED: January, 2014 article Temple Grandin ,and the San Andreas Regional Center.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

...Huh .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2017, 7:49 pm

Discussion thread continued in "In Depth Adult Life" Forum - Topic: SF Bay Area Autism Resources Assessment.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

NOTE: On the Autism-Spectrum in Silicon Valley, the BOOK 'NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity' offers details.

Here wrote:
ADDENDUM:

Steve Silberman's Feb, 2016 story, 'Why is Silicon Valley the Home of Autism?'
LINK: http://www.mamamia.com.au/autism-research/

Article mentioned, Ron Huff of the California Department of Developmental Services. Huff noted a disproportionatly high demand for Autism services in the Silicon Valley.

By any chance has Mr. Huff, and his agency reassessed just what specific services are needed, and appropriate for Aspergers; that is services appropriate for clientele with least restrictions to independence?

Is there contact information available for Ron Huff?

Thank-you

Here wrote:
Hello,

Thank-you