Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:43 am

Could we get a designated History and Books forum or forums? I think it would be really helpful to have a dedicated forum to these topics, which are special interests of many an autistic.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:37 pm

I, too, am a little surprised by the lack of a subforum for literature, both fiction and non-fiction. Especially considering how many of our members are avid readers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

There is an Art, Writing, and Music sub forum.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:21 pm

beneficii wrote:
Could we get a designated History and Books forum or forums? I think it would be really helpful to have a dedicated forum to these topics, which are special interests of many an autistic.

He will not add more sections...many have asked....he refuses.

Even really obvious things like separating Phil. which is gentile and erudite from Politics and Religion which are adversarial has been suggested many times....but NOPE.

Many well-considered suggestions are made....but NADA.

I like your idea, but it won't matter.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Aug 2016, 10:38 pm

beneficii wrote:

Sounds like an interesting idea. If anything we could expand another forum to also include it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm

alex wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Sounds like an interesting idea. If anything we could expand another forum to also include it.

Well, it has been ~10 months since this request was made by beneficii, and I would like to know the status of said request.

It appeared to have rec'd a positive response, but then....................................................crickets*

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 9:34 am

I think this would be a good idea, too.

The PPR Forum used to be used for the above---but it's been used almost exclusively for philosophical and political threads (with some religion threads thrown in) ever since just before the emergence of Trump.

To me, in actuality, there is considerable overlap between religion and philosophy.

I learned about Anatolian coins through PPR. It stoked, in me, the desire to contribute something.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think this would be a good idea, too.

The PPR Forum used to be used for the above---but it's been used almost exclusively for philosophical and political threads (with some religion threads thrown in) ever since just before the emergence of Trump.

To me, in actuality, there is considerable overlap between religion and philosophy.

I learned about Anatolian coins through PPR. It stoked, in me, the desire to contribute something.

ty, KK :D

I wonder if the Owner will respond. :shrug:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

slave wrote:
alex wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Well, it has been ~10 months since this request was made by beneficii, and I would like to know the status of said request.

It appeared to have rec'd a positive response, but then....................................................crickets*

Well,...........another 6 months have elapsed since the above noted request and subsequent response.

Again, I would like to know the status of said request.

It appeared to have rec'd a positive response, but then....................................................even more crickets*

How much effort would be required to implement beneficii's reasonable request?

Many fine User's of this Forum leave because of the unwillingness to accommodate simple well-meaning requests to improve the site.

Can all of you not see this overall trend?

This site could be outstanding with just a tiny bit of flexibility on the part of its leader.

Is that too much to ask?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 10:28 pm

............and another 6 months has gone by.................... :shrug: :help: :shrug: :help:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a refresher:

beneficii wrote:

I replied to beneficii:
He will not add more sections...many have asked....he refuses.

Even really obvious things like separating Phil. which is genteel and erudite from Politics and Religion which are adversarial has been suggested many times....but NOPE.

Many well-considered suggestions are made....but NADA.

I like your idea, but it won't matter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
My prediction, which was made on Aug 11, 2016, was that beneficii's reasonable request would be ignored just like all of the others.

The 2 years of no response is suggestive that the prediction may turn out to be correct.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 3:22 am

Software security and stability need to be the priority for the foreseeable future. Right now I think modifying the software to reconfigure the sections would permanently crash the system.

I have never understood why Politics and current events are in two seperate sections nor why “Adult Autism Issues” is not named something like “Sex on the Spectrum”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 5:50 am

For rearrangement i think kids crater and adolescent forum should go up, next to GAD iot attract more participation in said forums,
also -Bipolar, Tourettes, Schizophrenia, and other Psychological Conditions- would fit better between the indept (now age/gender) discussions

Computers, Math, Science, and Technology's is too narrow without the living sciences, my opinion, sorry for that :mrgreen:

but ofcourse anyone can start a thread in a more or less appropriate forum

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 3:08 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Software security and stability need to be the priority for the foreseeable future. Right now I think modifying the software to reconfigure the sections would permanently crash the system.

I have never understood why Politics and current events are in two seperate sections nor why “Adult Autism Issues” is not named something like “Sex on the Spectrum”.

Well...................let's see if the Owner will implement your reasonable suggestions.......you know, like with beneficii's suggestions. :roll: :roll:

Oh wait!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 3:08 pm

traven wrote:
For rearrangement i think kids crater and adolescent forum should go up, next to GAD iot attract more participation in said forums,
also -Bipolar, Tourettes, Schizophrenia, and other Psychological Conditions- would fit better between the indept (now age/gender) discussions

Computers, Math, Science, and Technology's is too narrow without the living sciences, my opinion, sorry for that :mrgreen:

but ofcourse anyone can start a thread in a more or less appropriate forum

Well...................let's see if the Owner will implement your reasonable suggestions.......you know, like with beneficii's suggestions. :roll: :roll:

Oh wait!