Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Aug 2016, 10:44 am

This thread serves as a counterpoint to the "Dump Trump" megathread.

Please keep all story-of-the-week discussion about Clinton's campaign in this thread.

If something raises questions that would be interesting outside of the political race, or a truly extraordinary event happens, then by all means create a new thread, but most current ones do not justify a thread on their own.

All normal WrongPlanet rules still apply.

In addition, please avoid derailing the thread:

- No irrelevant criticism of Donald Trump. If someone criticises Clinton's free trade policy, it's OK to point out that Trump's is the same.
- No praise for Hillary Clinton. This is not a place to convince people to change their vote. This is a place for Trump supporters to vent. It's OK to say "this isn't true and here's why", but not "and so Clinton would be a good candidate".

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 12:06 pm

This could only end up as an echo chamber...

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Aug 2016, 12:23 pm

Why is this one called "I Hate Hillary Megathread" when the other one is just called "Donald Trump Megathread?" Seems biased...

AutieUberAlles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm

And pro-Hillary threads aren't echo chambers?

Anyways, Clinton and Trump are probably equally evil. One will keep a status quo with accepting "bribes", undermining minimum wage and will flip flop everywhere and the other might ruin the US, undermine minimum wage and also flip flop. I will take the one the US would most learn from: Trump. Rather give them a wake up call than slumber in further ignorance. Cuz arrogant and egotistical people need to have it coming to achieve self-reflection. Especially Trump.

Hillary is just a corrupt politician who might keep the status quo while giving corporate powers special rights.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 1:09 pm

Why are people being censored on the PPR forum? It CLEARLY says in the rules:

"This is a special forum. It is for debating and as such pretty much anything goes"

If it's because you don't like so many threads about the same person, I feel that is wrong for a moderator to do.

If it's because OTHER people have complained that they're sick of the threads----it's an election year, and to be expected; one's voice should not be silenced, unless they break a rule.

AutieUberAlles

15 Aug 2016, 1:34 pm

At most, censorship would only be okay if it was to avoid the s-word, the f-word and the n-word. Also if a thread derails, you call for people to act more civilized. If they don't behave, then they can deal with consequences. However making rules so specific may make it hard for people to debate or express opinions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 1:53 pm

I happen to think this is fair. Tit for tat.

I don't particularly care for censorship, actually.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm

alex wrote:
Why is this one called "I Hate Hillary Megathread" when the other one is just called "Donald Trump Megathread?" Seems biased...

Agreed.

I think the suggested rules for this thread are absurd. Trump supporters can vent anywhere they want and they do. They don't need a special place devoid of criticism. The normal PPR rules are fine they don't need any more additions.

I personally think the title should be changed to make it more in line with Alex's comment.

By the way, Hillary is more than qualified to be president so Clinton would be a good candidate. :lol: :roll:

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2016, 8:16 pm

I cannot stop laughing over the purpose of this thread. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 1:20 am

So far, everyone is talking about the purpose of the thread, but no hatred of Clinton yet. I wonder if the Trump fan club is even going to show up.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 1:56 am

The anti anxiety pill companies must be making a fortune every time she speaks, and it often has nothing with the content of her speeches.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 1:57 am

Well, there's one.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2016, 5:38 am

alex wrote:

You have not read the thread titles correctly. It's "Dump Trump", which rhymes. There are no good rhymes for "Clinton" or "Hillary" so I went with alliteration. I thought they were roughly equally provocative.

If people would rather have entirely neutral thread titles (e.g. just call this the "anti-Clinton" thread and the other the "anti-Trump thread") then we could change the titles, I just thought "fun" ones would be better.

Mootoo wrote:
This could only end up as an echo chamber...

That's kind of the point. There's clearly demand for echo chambers, as there are currently seven threads about Trump with fewer than 10 comments on the first page.

This way, people can post all their criticisms of whoever, no matter how inane, without starting a riot.

The forum's still open for debate, which includes debate about the election, but frankly most of these threads aren't "let's have a discussion", they're just people stating their opinions very forcefully.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 6:08 am

The_Walrus wrote:
The forum's still open for debate, which includes debate about the election, but frankly most of these threads aren't "let's have a discussion", they're just people stating their opinions very forcefully.

So?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 4:36 pm

Founder Promises More Clinton Emails, Dems Fear 'October Surprise' share this email

Quote:
In particular, Assange mentioned the ties between Clinton and Sauda Arabia.

"Saudi Arabia is probably the largest single donor to the Clinton Foundation, and you can see Clinton’s arms export policies when she was a secretary of state favoring extensively Saudi Arabia," Assange said.

He also suggested Clinton had a reason for attacking rival Donald Trump over his ties to Russia: She has her own ties she's trying to conceal.

“There is a much deeper connection on record with Hillary Clinton and Russia than we are presently aware of with Donald Trump," Assange said. "Hillary Clinton did quite well strategically to draw a connection between Trump and Russia because she has so many connections of her own."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 2:45 am

NBC Poll: Only 11 Percent Think Hillary Is Honest and Trustworthy