Want WrongPlanet Mail on Another Email Account

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 3:31 am

How do I get new WrongPlanet email to go to a new email address instead of my old email address?

Lantylam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 11:44 am

I changed mine the other day (Click "My Account"). It was a pain in the rear, the interface is buggy. It appears you also have to change your password and confirm it at the same time as you specify a new email address or you get an error message.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:01 am

Click on "My account". That should take you directly to "Edit account settings".

Insert your new email address in the fields saying "Email address" and "Confirm email address".

You do not need to change your password, but under the blue line saying "Confirm changes", you have to type in your current password before hitting submit. Any change in email or password must be confirmed with your current password in the "Current password" field.
If you are not changing your password, leave the two fields under email address open.

It is my experience that when I change anything in my profile and submit the change, the email will change back to my original one, and has to be changed again.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:33 pm

^That didn't help me; I'm still getting WrongPlanet email on my old account.

Wait, should I change my password after changing my email address? Will I only get Alex Plank's messages, the ones about what's new on WrongPlanet, on my new email account then?

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 6:14 am

TIL that my WrongPlanet e-mail IS going to my other e-mail account... several months after the fact. Either way, all is right with the world (for now).