any women here who have never dated, never had a boyfriend?

Page 25 of 26 [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

GaiaXIX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2017, 4:56 am

Really weird because in Argentina for exemple they have it.

I think France is in the middle we have fiber almost everywhere but some people have trouble like my family. This is not that common all our neighbours have perfect network but my house is a mystery my father says there is a very very important amount of iron in the wall which explicate the thing. I am not trying to understand anymore I am playing lottery instead if I win I will buy my own server room

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 5:20 am

Argentina is more advanced than Australia. Nearly every country in the world is more advanced then Australia. Our government is extremely corrupt. They cancelled plans to connect all Australian homes via fibre because the cable TV company bribed them too. They were worried that with better internet no one would want to pay for their overpriced cable TV service (owned by the infamous Rupert Murdoch).

The national phone company then bribed the government to by their worthless and poorly maintained network for a high price. The network was in such a poor state of repair that most of it will need to be rebuilt from scratch (meaning there was never any need to buy it because most of it will be scrapped).

The copper network will be replaced with an identical copper network which will deteriorate in a few years unless expensive maintenance is performed. The greedy and corrupt communications minister (now our prime minister) fraudulently claimed that building a fiber optic network would be too expensive. He instead opted to convert the existing copper network from ADSL2+ to VDSL2.

However, most of the expense was not from the materials required to make the fibre optic cables but from the process of cable laying. Since most of the cables will have to be relayed anyway (replaced with identical cables) the expense of cable laying is the same.

VDSL2 has a much shorter range than ADSL2+, meaning that tens of thousands of nodes will have to be constructed, costing about one million dollars each and each one requiring large amounts of power and each being expensive to maintain.

While our corrupt and fraudulent prime minister continues to claim Australia can't afford to build a fibre optic network, his VDSL2 plan will actually cost many times more. The fibre optic network would have paid for itself after a few years due to much lower maintenance costs.

A cost / benefit analysis was conducted, revealing that the prime minister's plan would be far more expensive. The prime minister then had the results of this classified (after this incident Edward Snowden rightly compared our government to that of North Korea). He has waisted tens of billions of dollars and set the country back decades behind the rest of the world.

Future internet services will built with fibre optic speeds in mind. When we're unable to comply we'll be cut off from the rest of the world. The prime minister claims only gamers and nerds care about internet speeds but local businesses are the most reliant on them. He claims to support local businesses but in truth he doesn't support any company that hasn't bribed him.

GaiaXIX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

I guess you should go to Argentina because I can promise you it is not. It is a country living out of the world there is only a very few imported product and they are crazy expensive and if you get a package from outside you will have to wait like a hole month to get it and you will pay pay and pay again. Supermarket often miss a lot of products the clothing is expensive as hell never seen something like that before and it is very very bad quality. There is no choice when you buy something each store have exactly the same poor quality products. There is no possibility to have illimited phone communication and texting is also very expensive especally from a city to another so event the institutions are using whatsapp. As a French I have a very secure visa with chip card and there was no device I could use it even on internet websites when I tried (I tried severals) it crashed and the same goes for the bank there was no bank taking my card so I could no get money except at hsbc but I could not have more than 150us each time maximum twice a day and each of this operation cost 7us no matter how much I transfered. Funny when you know one of the bank is called BBVA Frances and do not even take a french card. I also tried to transfer money from a French bank to an Argentina's to pay my rent and it costed 30% of the transaction to my landslord. I had to use western union like every one else and it was enormous enormous queues. And if I speak about corruption (I will not even speak about the general disorganisation) there are apparently a lot of people arrested for no reason and I saw a lot of people on stroke to protest aigainst their politics and finally last point no one speaks English even on planes, inn or whatever it is Spanish (very specific Spanish in addition) or Portuguese (Brazilian) so if you are not familiar with spannish it is very very hard to survive there. And the problems are increasing they getting more and more army in the street and economically it is more and more weak with the water and gaz price cray increasing (they almost not use electricity for the kitchen or heaters) and the cost of life cazy crazy crazy expensive (they buy everything with credit even if buy a bottle of milk you can pay in 2, 3,4,... times). Really sad for them because it is a wonderful country with wonderful people but they exclude themselves from the world and the progress so I can assure you Australia is more developped (my uncle lives in Sydney for like 35 years now)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

Perhaps you're right but it just seems like Australia is woefully less advanced compared to much of the world. Our technology is laughable. Stuff here is overpriced. Our naval submarines aren't even nuclear.

They were thinking about building nuclear power plants which would be a good idea since we have much of the world's uranium reserves but the idiotic environmentalists were against it. Don't they realise nuclear power plants produce less carbon dioxide emissions than coal?

Compared to France, Australia is embarrassingly behind in nuclear technology. You have nuclear warheads, nuclear submarines and nuclear powerplants. We have none of these things, even though Australia has more uranium than France.

It's ridiculous when I see people here protesting against nuclear technology. If they don't want nuclear technology then perhaps they should move to Pennsylvania and become Amish.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:28 pm

I think this may be the most civil discussion I've ever seen in L & D.

:lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm

The most civil discussion on L & D is pro nuclear weapons? Then just think how uncivil the other ones were :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:47 pm

^ :lol:

The key to remaining civil would seem to be in not discussing the given topic at all.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm

Good idea :chin:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 7:21 pm

:wink:

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Perhaps you're right but it just seems like Australia is woefully less advanced compared to much of the world. Our technology is laughable. Stuff here is overpriced. Our naval submarines aren't even nuclear.

They were thinking about building nuclear power plants which would be a good idea since we have much of the world's uranium reserves but the idiotic environmentalists were against it. Don't they realise nuclear power plants produce less carbon dioxide emissions than coal?

Compared to France, Australia is embarrassingly behind in nuclear technology. You have nuclear warheads, nuclear submarines and nuclear powerplants. We have none of these things, even though Australia has more uranium than France.

It's ridiculous when I see people here protesting against nuclear technology. If they don't want nuclear technology then perhaps they should move to Pennsylvania and become Amish.

You forgot to mention our South American tier slowa55 internet speed made from inferior copper wires.

I'm pro nuclear power and wanting to be an environmentalist.

I sure hope I can educate myself and turn out to be the right ones.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm

Yeah but Argentina is in South America and apparently they have fibre to the home there.

GaiaXIX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

Yes I do not know about rural places there but I was in a medium size city and there were a pretty good fiber network

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

I was in a ldr, but I've never had a real life boyfriend. Guys rarely seem to show interest unless it's online.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

GaiaXIX wrote:
Yes I do not know about rural places there but I was in a medium size city and there were a pretty good fiber network
Which city?

I'm in a city of more than a million people. It makes no difference in Australia. Even if I lived in a city of four million people it would be the same here.

GaiaXIX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm

Bahia Blanca which is in what they call "mar de plata" and smaller than that of course according to Wikipedia it is around 300 000 people living there

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 1:37 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yeah. Funny how most men care about facts.

Men always have to be right.

The man who designed the breaks on your car always has to be right because if it he gets it wrong, you'll crash.

The man who designed the wings on a jetliner always has to be right because he if gets it wrong, you'll fall out of the sky.

So why are men always obsessed with getting things right? Accuracy is so overrated don't you think?

The word is actually 'brakes' not 'breaks'. And I don't drive so I don't have a car.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 5:49 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
The word is actually 'brakes' not 'breaks'.
Good thing I'm not an automotive engineer then :lol:
MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
And I don't drive so I don't have a car.
Other people's lives depends on the proper functioning of the brakes in their cars but your life is the only one that matters, right? :roll: