My best friends doesn't care about my autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MM99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Aug 2016, 5:39 pm

I've only recently realized I have Asperger's, and after several months, I finally told my best friend a few days ago. She asked me if I was sure about if I had "that" and also told me she thought autism was something much more serious. She didn't seem to be paying much attention to what I was telling her, but she told me she was going to search information about it.
Well, it's happened a week more or less since then, and I don't think she's searched anything. Neither of us have brought this topic up again since that night, and I almost think she doesn't remember we had that conversation.
Also, we've been drifting apart the last months and I don't know what else to do. What do you think?

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2016, 12:17 am

I honestly don't think it's much to worry about. I don't think she really cares, in the sense that it doesn't really change the way she sees you. It's not like she is gonna be up at 3 AM just randomly researching every little aspect of Autism just because you had a small conversation about it. I don't think her drifting away has anything to do with it either.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

nobodycaresaboutme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2016, 2:53 am

you're first mistake was making a woman your friend

LiveSimplyDude
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2016, 5:15 pm

how long have you been friends?
have you gone through best friends relatively quickly throughout your lifetime?
you may have "overshared" and spooked her, but it's also possible that the friendship had "run its course,,"

both are normal occurences/the cause of destruction for many-a-relationship for aspies all around the world. s**t sucks, but we can improve with effort; it's part of the human experience for us- love it or hate it. it is what it is for us.

MM99

03 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm

LiveSimplyDude wrote:
how long have you been friends?
have you gone through best friends relatively quickly throughout your lifetime?
you may have "overshared" and spooked her, but it's also possible that the friendship had "run its course,,"

both are normal occurences/the cause of destruction for many-a-relationship for aspies all around the world. s**t sucks, but we can improve with effort; it's part of the human experience for us- love it or hate it. it is what it is for us.

We've been best friends for 3 years, what to me doesn't feel "relatively quickly throught my lifetime".
I didn't overshare her about me, I just told her because she was sad and worried because we've been barely speaking to each other the last 3 months and she said she didn't understand me (when she was actually the one that was drifting apart from me), so I told her I have aspergers hoping it would help her to understand me and improve our relationship. But it's as if I never told her and I don't undertand it.

Now a friend of both us has just told me that she's been crying all afternoon because I don't talk to her anymore (which isn't true, as I keep saying she is the one that ignores me all the time while I try to talk to her everyday) and that she thinks she's lost me as a friend and that I don't trust her anymore. I just don't undertand it, I told her one month ago the most personal thing I could tell anyone, which I only have told her of all my friends, and she claims that I don't trust her!! I'm starting to think she actually doesn't remember I told her that I'm autistic or that she didn't undertand anything about it.