Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sawke
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2016, 8:42 pm

I'm 24, in nyc. NVLD which fits with a lot of different disorders including Aspergers but at the same time not quite, it takes quite a lot of effort on my part not to go crazy with so many different types of ld people i never fully understand, but i get along with Aspergers people the most, at least the ones who have gone through therapy.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 10:14 pm

One main problem with what you are looking for is that autism is very underdiagnosed in the demographic you are looking for, but the people DO exist, it just a matter of finding them.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

EmmaHyde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2016, 3:35 am

I encourage you to read Aspergirls as it talks about the masking events, as women, our brains are weird to be more social and have an easier time at picking up how to blend in and work with others. As for a skype group, it'd be cool but I don't know how to make it have a password or what not.

-------
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
++++++

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 4:17 pm

MadeinHisimage wrote:
I'm here. (In New Zealand). I'm always open to making new aspie friends. :heart: There are support groups in my city, but I live alone, far away from bus stops, and don't feel comfortable asking anybody to drive me every week! :D Does anyone want to start a Skype support group? IDK how well it'll work, or if it would keep going long, but it's worth a try. Maybe there already is one we could join...

I suggest you Google the blog "StrangerInGodzone" written by an AS woman here in New Zealand. Lots of supportive articles there. I'm not sure that Skype would be a comfortable medium for AS women to interact with other AS women they have never met - it would certainly be out of my comfort zone.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 May 2017, 8:28 pm

Hi I'm 16 and from Cincinnati Ohio so we might be kinda near each other! I'm undiagnosed but I meet all of the criteria. In fact, I recently finished writing 3600 words on why I do. (I'm trying to convince my parents and psychologists that someone as smart/functional as me can be on the spectrum) Read as I'm a girl and do well in school. Ugh the stereotypes and prejudice! I also have Cerebral Palsy so there's a little bit of overlap in symptoms. I was diagnosed with NVLD a few years ago due to the big difference between my verbal and performance iq and the fact that the psychologist thinks I seem too aware of my symptoms to have AS! Ha! Also to the poster who has NVLD and not AS, what would you say the differences are? I'm trying to figure out if I really have NVLD.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2017, 9:51 pm

I'm 35 and live in southern Ohio. Boom.

PhoenixRain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2017, 4:35 pm

I'm 25 and in Arizona. Self diagnosed for the moment, but currently in the process to get diagnosed. The doctor I'm working with said that autism in females is so much more difficult to diagnose, which is why it's harder to find female Aspies, but we're out there!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:32 pm

WrongPlanet, I would say, is at least 40% female. Female Aspies are all over the place. You are, definitely, not alone.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:34 pm

Where are other female Aspies?!

In my basement.