Trump "gives" to charity with other peoples money

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

Do these other people know their money was used for this purpose? I doubt it because this method of charity giving is rarely used. This is not all unsimilar to what Wells Fargo has just been caught at. The difference is this is a legal loophole and this story broke on a Saturday Night and right before Hillary got publicly sick so Trump will completly get away with this fraud legally and politically. At least Wells Fargo got some bad publicity and a legal slap on the wrist, not nearly enough the bank should have been shut and all the executives jailed but that is another thread.

At least all of the corrupt parties in the Clinton pay for play scheme probably understood what was going on.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 5:47 pm

Yes.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 1:45 pm

I see this, much in the same respect as Clinton's charitable foundation.

Small towns have reportedly used the same trick to avoid their tax burdens.

Impartially speaking, money is minted by fiat, or hypothecated into existence, a placeholder or medium of exchange, no more inherently valuable than the beads on an abacus, a tally mark, an inch or gram. It is an abstraction, like the letter in an algebra problem, and we dispossess people by force, over that.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/solipsism

Even in the case of the Constitutional use of precious metals, the value affixed to them is completely arbitrary, could be measured in soda can tabs, wampum shells, or chocolate gelt.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2016, 4:21 pm

Nearly all politicians "give to charity" with other people's money. That's exactly what is meant by campaign promises to expand this or that welfare program.

If elected, I will forcibly take money from those people over there, and give some of it to you!

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 2:58 am

I thought philanthropy was about giving one's own money. For anyone who defends Trump here I don't know what to say. He takes credit for giving other people's money - claims to be a philanthropist but has contributed nothing of his own.

Trump cares about nothing but how he is viewed since he is a narcissist. He wants to be seen as a philanthropist but he obviously isn't. He cares far more about his own wealth, his own success, his own power, his own admiration, than helping anyone. It's obvious.

I get really irritated pointing out the obvious flaws in Trump's personality when the cult of Trump simply refuses to see it. It's so obvious what an as*hole he is and so many people refuse to see it. It's maddening.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 3:40 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

And what is it that the liberal Democrats are doing when they tax the middle class to give handouts to corporations and lazy folks who will not work?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm

How is this different from any other charity. All charities accept donations from other groups and individuals and spend it towards their cause.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:43 pm

There is a HUGE difference between transparency and non-transparency, especially when the latter is used as a cover to mislead. Huge.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 10:40 pm

Bataar wrote:
How is this different from any other charity. All charities accept donations from other groups and individuals and spend it towards their cause.

Charity is voluntary. Tax is mandated by law and extracted by force if necessary.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 2:20 am

If you give to ASAN and you do basic due diligence you know you are giving to a self advocacy organization for autistics. The Trump equivilant is he gets you to contribute to him by telling you he is going to use the money to fight cancer then he spends it by contributing to Autism Speaks without your knowledge.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 6:02 pm

Interesting clip from The Independent, showing various manifestations symptomatic of Trump's intrinsic narcissism:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 77681.html

Another characteristic is to use money/the appearance of generosity to influence others in a manipulative and deceptive way. The topic of this thread can be seen as one aspect in the symptom complexity of NPD.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 5:33 pm

The innocent idea that he was just "raising funds for charities" seems indefensible given that he used such funds to pay for this:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/ar ... d=11714259

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm

He used charity money to buy portraits of himself; somehow he can still surprise me with his depravity... :roll:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 9:15 pm

That constitutes yet more evidence of his Narcissistic Personality Disorder to me.

I was astonished too this week at the "skittles" slur his son made - that apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. You could apply the same "logic" (not) to white men and serial killers as he did in the skittles scaremongering. Imagine saying to women, some white men are serial killers, so would you date a handful of white men? That's how stupid these inflammatory comments from the Trumps are, intended to whip up hatred in their believers, in the hope that the true believers will act out more and soldify the cult's approval.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 9:41 pm

Tollorin wrote:
He used charity money to buy portraits of himself; somehow he can still surprise me with his depravity... :roll:

You reckon people vote for narcissism due to being paralyzed by their own reflection in the water themselves?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Oct 2016, 7:09 pm

Clinton Foundation in comparison

brings in $176M in revenue in 2014, spent $5.1M on charity, $35M on salary, and $50M on 'other'

not much better in 2013

can you say SLUSHFUND?