Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 11:35 am

My son was born in a different country, but is still considered an American from birth. The embassy gave me a paper stating that he may still be eligible to run for president - no one in that particular position has ever tried, so it's legally untested.
So, even if Obama was born in Kenya (and I don't think he was) that doesn't automatically disqualify him from holding office.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
By the way, Kraichgauer, I'm going to have that Bruce Springsteen song stuck in my head all day, thanks to your thread title! It's a decent song, but I don't really want it playing on and endless loop!

It's now official. Obama is a..."hard rockin' daddy in the USA!"

You cant blame Kraischauer. I dont think there is a soul in the whole English speaking world who doesnt have that song going through their head right now just because of the headlines! :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 2:17 pm

2 Clinton supporters in ’08 reportedly shared Obama ‘birther’ story

Quote:
One was a volunteer in Iowa, who was fired, Clinton’s former campaign manager said Friday. The other was Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, according to a former McClatchy Washington Bureau chief.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 9:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump just admitted President Obama is American born, and not a Kenyan. He has claimed Clinton had started birtherism, but that he had finished it. He never once addressed how his whole political career began with the deplorable, clearly racist cesspool of lies meant to delegitimize Barack Obama's Presidency.

What Trump and his buddies said about Obma's birth has nothing to do with the facts about Obama's birth. Obama was born to an American woman in Hawaii. That makes him (according to the Constitution) a natural born American citizen.

Qualitatively Obama is the Spirit Child of Saul Alinsky and (old) May Daley. Alinsky hated America and Mayor Daley show how to make a career out of political corruption. Chicago is a city where the dead vote early and often.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:44 pm

In Canada we wouldn't care if the Prime Minister was from Mars. He might be, for all we know. Whatever. :alien:

Maybe we would care if he was from the States. We'd be horrified. Any country but the States! 8O

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 6:17 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
In Canada we wouldn't care if the Prime Minister was from Mars. He might be, for all we know. Whatever. :alien:

Maybe we would care if he was from the States. We'd be horrified. Any country but the States! 8O

The reason its an issue is that the Constitution spells out the qualifications for being president. Among the qualifications are being born in the USA (though the wording is a bit vague as to how "being born in the USA" is defined). John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone (not what is usually thought of as part of the USA, but the zone was under US rule at the time he was born- so was McCain "born in the USA", or not? Your opinion is as good as anyone's).

So in theory if you could prove that that your candidate's opponent was not born a US citizen then that would show the opponent's candidacy is illegal.

Ironically the Founding Fathers who drew up the Constitution were all themselves born subjects of the British Crown (even though they were born in the lands that became the Independent USA that they were founding).

James K. Polk (our 15th president) was the first to be born after the ratification of the US Constitution (ie our first president who was actually born a US citizen).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 1:24 am

Jacoby wrote:
Trump shut the door now for this stupid question which would of assuredly been asked in the debates before any relevant topic

That's a bit rich isn't it! anybody who doesn't have short term memory problems will know that he was the cheerleader for that debunked conspiracy theory.
Trump's true "believers" will vote for him even if he preyed on young virgins at beauty paegents...oh wait...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Sep 2016, 1:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Trump shut the door now for this stupid question which would of assuredly been asked in the debates before any relevant topic

That's a bit rich isn't it! anybody who doesn't have short term memory problems will know that he was the cheerleader for that debunked conspiracy theory.
Trump's true "believers" will vote for him even if he preyed on young virgins at beauty paegents...oh wait...

Anybody that doesn't have short term memory problems would know that the debunked conspiracy theory started with Hillary Clinton, she played it very dirty with Obama in 2008.

Quite frankly it is always been an overblown issue which is by design as it is a distraction, please drop the feigned outage and crocodile tears! How much more mileage can Obama get out this story will not actually having to do his job or talk about anything relevant?

How about the debunked conspiracy that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and was aiding al-Qaeda? Talking about Obama's birth certificate killed how many people? Zero. How many lives were lose because of our unjustified invasion and occupation of Iraq? Who voted and was one of the strongest supporters of that war?

Your priorities are weird, your feelings don't govern reality and trying to govern reality with your feelings will end in tragedy. A guy says off the cuff maybe even mean offensive things sometimes, get over it.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump just admitted President Obama is American born, and not a Kenyan. He has claimed Clinton had started birtherism, but that he had finished it. He never once addressed how his whole political career began with the deplorable, clearly racist cesspool of lies meant to delegitimize Barack Obama's Presidency.

Trump is playing politics this year. He is doing what virtually all politicians do: lie, evade, and spew sh*t.