Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 11:33 pm

For all the cozying up presidential candidates do with him, there was about unanimous agreement in the UN recently that not only is he and Assad bombing civilians, but aid convoys too, in clear breach of international law. As opposed to Russia being one of the countries which can bring peace to Syria, it is simply committing crimes on a massive scale. So, how is it now for the cult to support him simply because he may have complimented some hair? (Seriously, it's about as superficial a reason, and what a surprise that he only likes dictators... like an indirect hint, but considering he loves the uneducated they can't possibly make the connection...)

There is also MH17 for which he has to answer for... 283 international murders every single Trump supporter is guilty of if they also blindly support Putin "for the bromance"... Putin and Assad will be in the ICC in the future whether fascists like it or not.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 12:07 am

America attacked Syria on the 17th of Sept and said they hit the wrong target, Russia called bull s**t. Then Russia hit this convoy, it was clearly a "f**k you" move towards the US and the UN. Personally I cannot say I blame Putin or Russia, it was retaliation to aggression on America's part. If Putin is war criminal then so is Obama, you can not tell me that we accidentally blew 80 Syrians to hell in 2016 with the precise technology we have today. In addition, it was a cease fire, as bad as ISIS is, you don't shoot at anything during a cease fire unless you are fired upon.

This is America's f**k up in my opinion. Russia acted reasonably from a political stand point and honestly they would be justified to do worse and I was expecting them to to be honest. However, I don't think Putin wants to risk all out war with the US without seeing who is going to be the next president in my opinion. The man is not unreasonable and he looks after the best interest of Russia but he cannot be seen as weak.

All Syria is, is US vs Russia by proxy.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 1:53 am

I'd say there is:

... a very high likelihood that Vladimir Putin is responsible for war crimes...
... a very high likelihood that Vladimir Putin will never be held accountable for any war crimes.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 2:11 am

dcj123, do worse to the convoys? How is anyone reasonable when they're killing UN volunteers who somehow agree to transport in warzones? Are you suggesting the convoys are fair game if one country makes a mistake? (The ceasefire didn't include all groups.)

Also, as much as any life lost is depressing, isn't this the same Syrian army that killed 300,000 of its citizens?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 2:54 am

How is America reasonable when they bomb people they agreed to not bomb?

This is not a one way street, okay so maybe the Russia government is made up of less then nice people, but America's government is not much better. ISIS would not even exist without America, how do you think these people got armed in the first place? How is killing UN volunteers worse then killing Syrians? You said yourself that any life lost is depressing. Russia is just after their best interest and the killings were more a show of force and were politically motivated. I don't agree with what Russia did but to be fair, I don't agree with what America did. Yes I am aware that ISIS was not part of the cease fire, but I see no reason to engage them if they are not an imminent threat. Killing people is not a mistake, its possible someone gave America bad Intel for the purpose of collapsing the cease fire but beyond that, I see almost no other possibility for what happened on the 17th other then knowingly attacking Syria. I am just not buying the whole not IDing targets in this day and age. Besides since ISIS is using our guns, our tanks, our vehicles that we left for them in Iraq with a nice bow on top, I would think we should be able to identify our own hardware.

This might help with understanding where ISIS came from,

So... We can't ID our own hardware? I am just totally not buying that.

Google it, Obama left all of our hardware behind when he pulled out of Iraq in 2011.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 7:15 am

He's certainly not a nice fellow.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Sep 2016, 8:26 am

How is he more of a dictator or war criminal than Clinton/Bush/Obama? Do you think a lesser percentage of Russians support Putin than Obama? Who is the real dictator then?

The US literally supports terrorists in Syria and Libya, we have directly given arms to ISIS and other affiliated groups. Our "close allies" in the Middle East like Saudi Arabia/Turkey/Qatar/etc have funded the Islamist insurgency that we've supposedly been fighting for over 15 years now which is totally okay but we're so afraid of Iran's Shia uprisings? Russia has been fighting Islamist insurgents for a long time now, the US cheerleaded and facilitated it until they turned their attention back on them.

The ceasefire in Syria collapsed because the US "accidentally" bombed and killed 60+ Syrian soldiers, whoops! It's obvious that the US is not interested in humanitarianism, this is about geopolitics and the US has had designs drawn on Syria for decades just as they did Libya and simply took advantage of the 'Arab Spring' to start civil wars in these countries.

What's the end game by the way, do you want war with Russia? That would be the greatest war crime of all time. We need peace and diplomacy, commerce and honest friendship. The Cold War should not be replicated, it did the world no good and there are still wounds festering because of it. Knowing history is a requirement, if you are ignorant of yourself and what your "side" has done then who are you to condemn anyone?

So what do you want do about Aleppo?

Also the US bombs hospitals and aid convoys all the time, we bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan last year and continued to bomb it for the next half hour after being contacted by hospital staff. 'But it's okay now, we apologized! :oops:

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 10:11 am

Putin is certainly a war criminal, if you have doubt about the ethics of recent actions he directed, then look to the attrocities of the Chechen war.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/ ... a.chechnya

The problem with war crimes is doing anything about them. There are a few incidents of the US self-policing some attrocities, but many more that were just quietly swept up with cash payments to the survivors and as little fuss as possible.

Is a drone strike on wedding party a war crime? Does it matter if the operator believed the many targets were enemy fighters, rather than festive celebrants? War is a messy undertaking.

There is nothing new in this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 11:01 am

Putin's chief advisor died a few years back.He's a loose canon now without Koni.
https://euobserver.com/foreign/123706

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 11:10 am

How do you fight a 'good war' or 'clean war' against an enemy with no regard for human life or any rule of law? An enemy that doesn't even value their own lives seeing it preferable to achieve martyrdom by blowing themselves up in a crowded train or public space. No, this enemy is not even human but rather some lesser animal form that needs to eliminated at the root. The only way savages can win is when we handcuff ourselves and allow them operate outside the rules we've set for ourselves. Beasts deserve no mercy, those that believe in Islamic extremism and support terrorism(whether they partake in it or not, these girlfriends that disappear after are material supporters) have signed their own death warrants for all that I am concerned.

To decry Vladimir Putin for "war crimes" when the US and it's allies are guilty of the same thing and worse on a much grander scale makes absolutely zero sense so I assume you come from this from the perspective of ignorance and believe CNN war propaganda. Remember the incubator babies! You are emotionally manipulated and lied to, our governments cannot be trusted to stand up for the interests of its citizens. I consider ISIS one of the foremost national security threats here at home & abroad with the sad truth seeming to be that Russia has combated ISIS much more effectively than the US has for all intent and purposes fueled their growth. It wasn't until Russia started bombing ISIS's oil fields and convoys that their territorial expansion was turned around, it is because of soldiers of SAA/Hezbollah/Revolutionary Guard/and the Kurds that they have been pushed back. The US, Turkey, and the Arab Gulf have their own designs drawn on Syria and have used Sunni extremists to achieve their ends and there is no real effective difference between the Sunni "rebels" and the Islamist "rebels" with most of them being one and the same. Look up videos of the moderates in Syria and watch them behead children, watch them commit the most horrific punishments in the name of the religion, listen to what they say they want to do to the Shia/Alawites/Christians/Druze if they were to take over the country. We are talking a mass genocidal slaughter here, ethnic cleansing which the Sunni states around Syria would love.

Does anybody else have a plan to combat ISIS or to deal with the Syria situation? Just decrying Russia and Assad is agenda driven with ulterior motives not relating to our stated 'humanitarian' objective, do you think we got involved in Libya at the very last second to stop a humanitarian disaster or did they have plans drawn on Libya's oil + gold and wanted to rid themselves of Gaddafi? Look at Libya now, who governs it? It's no longer even a country, no one can argue that they are better off now after their so called revolution than when Gaddafi was in power who did so much for his country and Africa. Our ambassador Christopher Stevens was killed in a gun running operation out of Benghazi, they wanted to transfer the weapons and Islamist insurgents to Turkey where they would then cross the border over into Syria.

The US needs realign itself away from the Saudis and the Arab Sunnis, they are not our allies and are the true enemy of the US and the free world. The Saudis are the head of the snake, they are the source of all this ideological filth that has infected the rest of the Muslim world which is because of their tremendous wealth but also by the fact that they control two of the holiest sites in Islam so the Saudis are setting the example as to how their religion is to be practiced which is explicitly anti-Western and expansionist. They are no different than the Marxists that came before them and threat they pose possibly even greater, they must be banished to the dustbin of history.

Again, just to be clear I have distinguished the different sects within Islam and understand that it is not all of Sunni Islam but a specific strain that has splintered off. The Salafis, the Wahhabis, whatever you want to call them, they are who I am speaking of.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 5:50 pm

Jacoby wrote:
How do you fight a 'good war' or 'clean war' against an enemy with no regard for human life or any rule of law? An enemy that doesn't even value their own lives seeing it preferable to achieve martyrdom by blowing themselves up in a crowded train or public space. No, this enemy is not even human but rather some lesser animal form that needs to eliminated at the root. The only way savages can win is when we handcuff ourselves and allow them operate outside the rules we've set for ourselves. Beasts deserve no mercy, those that believe in Islamic extremism and support terrorism(whether they partake in it or not, these girlfriends that disappear after are material supporters) have signed their own death warrants for all that I am concerned.

Of course "the enemy" is human. The kind of thinking you are illustrating is how people end up in death camps. And suicide bombers use this method because it is the only one available to them. There really isn't that much difference between a soldier going into the battlefield and a suicide bomber. The difference is that the battlefield is everywhere now. And I'm not defending the actions of people who strap bombs to children and send them to detonate them. But like it or not they are human. Scary to think what we can become under the right circumstances. However, there is no reason to behave in kind. If we behave in the same way toward "the enemy" then we become the enemy.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Of course "the enemy" is human. The kind of thinking you are illustrating is how people end up in death camps. And suicide bombers use this method because it is the only one available to them. There really isn't that much difference between a soldier going into the battlefield and a suicide bomber. The difference is that the battlefield is everywhere now. And I'm not defending the actions of people who strap bombs to children and send them to detonate them. But like it or not they are human. Scary to think what we can become under the right circumstances. However, there is no reason to behave in kind. If we behave in the same way toward "the enemy" then we become the enemy.

Are you echoing your Prime Minister who gave us the gem "If you kill your enemies, they win"? I'm not sure elected Derek Zoolander as your PM is a good move. Jihadis want death so they should be given it along with those that support them, civilians in Nazy Germany were bombed ruthlessly as the back of the ideology needed to be broken just as the ideology of Islamic extremism needs to be. The idea of that this is because of economic issues couldn't be a bigger joke, a good many of these jihadis come from educated wealthy backgrounds. There is good reason why the dictators in these countries treated extremists so harshly.

Something like 4000 EU citizens went and fought with ISIS, not only should they stripped of their citizenship and freedom but quite frankly they are traitors and deserve the fate all traitors deserve if you catch what I am saying.

Not having a solution isn't an alternative, you might not like what needs to be done but if its the only way towards victory then your feelings on the matter really need to be set aside.

Again I ask, what should be done about Aleppo? What is the plan for destroying ISIS and the ideology behind them?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 8:16 pm

Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Are you echoing your Prime Minister who gave us the gem "If you kill your enemies, they win"? I'm not sure elected Derek Zoolander as your PM is a good move. Jihadis want death so they should be given it along with those that support them, civilians in Nazy Germany were bombed ruthlessly as the back of the ideology needed to be broken just as the ideology of Islamic extremism needs to be. The idea of that this is because of economic issues couldn't be a bigger joke, a good many of these jihadis come from educated wealthy backgrounds. There is good reason why the dictators in these countries treated extremists so harshly.

Something like 4000 EU citizens went and fought with ISIS, not only should they stripped of their citizenship and freedom but quite frankly they are traitors and deserve the fate all traitors deserve if you catch what I am saying.

Not having a solution isn't an alternative, you might not like what needs to be done but if its the only way towards victory then your feelings on the matter really need to be set aside.

Again I ask, what should be done about Aleppo? What is the plan for destroying ISIS and the ideology behind them?

Don't quote me if you're not going to address what I said.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 8:29 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Don't quote me if you're not going to address what I said.

I did address what you said, I reiterated what I feel is the need for this infestation to be exterminated. You alluded to these terrorists having no other options but the facts with that don't match up with so many coming from the west or from wealthy or educated backgrounds. It's not a lack of opportunity, this is the religion in it's original interpretation and Saudi Arabia is promoting this strain of Islam worldwide.

I'm still waiting for somebody to actually answer that Aleppo question, people can cry crocodile tears about the victims of the violence but no one seems to have a much more sophisticated view than "assad n putin r ebil and must b stopped!" nevermind they have no idea what that actually entails or what wars are really like outside of hollywood movies.

I will quote whoever and if you don't want to respond then don't.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 8:48 pm

Jacoby wrote:
...what I feel is the need for this infestation to be exterminated. You alluded to these terrorists having no other options but the facts with that don't match up with so many coming from the west or from wealthy or educated backgrounds. It's not a lack of opportunity, this is the religion in it's original interpretation and Saudi Arabia is promoting this strain of Islam worldwide.

I think extermination is not the way to go. It is counter productive to try because there's no way to exterminate an ideology and the more you try the more adherents it will get. I'm Canadian, so that's where this is coming from; if the States stayed out of the business of the Middle East they would not have so many enemies from there. What is it that the U.S. wants with the Middle East? Is this all down to their support of Israel?

Jacoby wrote:
I'm still waiting for somebody to actually answer that Aleppo question, people can cry crocodile tears about the victims of the violence but no one seems to have a much more sophisticated view than "assad n putin r ebil and must b stopped!" nevermind they have no idea what that actually entails or what wars are really like outside of hollywood movies. ...

Well, I have no idea how to solve the situation in Aleppo. I'm not even sure there is a solution anymore; I can't see an end to warfare in my lifetime. With Putin flexing his muscles and Trump doing well and ISIS doing well, eventually terror will be a constant for everyone.