Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BitterGeek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2016, 3:35 pm

I'm in a bad place with them. I had a fight with a friend over the things he does to trigger my abandonment issues. He hasn't talk to me in close to three weeks. I feel hurt because of the fact that he does not want to talk to me. I've been depressed and spending my days in bed. His avoidance has escalated my abandonment issues where I have episodes of anger. I try to cope with those by using benzodiazepines to numb my emotions.

What can I'd do to cope better?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

BitterGeek wrote:
I'm in a bad place with them. I had a fight with a friend over the things he does to trigger my abandonment issues. He hasn't talk to me in close to three weeks. I feel hurt because of the fact that he does not want to talk to me. I've been depressed and spending my days in bed. His avoidance has escalated my abandonment issues where I have episodes of anger. I try to cope with those by using benzodiazepines to numb my emotions.

What can I'd do to cope better?

Other than benzos, what kind of therapy, books, etc... have you tried?
sry to hear about your difficulties.....it really hurts for sure. :(

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 3:43 pm

I suffer badly with abandonment issues and am currently enduring my wife leaving me 4 months ago... I empathize with the anxiety associated with that kind of event.

And I mean, Im an escapist. I have no constructive advice other than to do whatever you feel is necessary to soothe yourself until the time wherr the intensity of your separation anxiety is to a more manageable level. Dont feel badly about using drugs if thatsbwhat you need and your not abusing them. Its what theyre for. Some people cant cope as well with these things. I know how intense that feels.