Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 7:02 am

Quote:
Texas boy with special needs intentionally set on fire, mother says
Posted 7:20 pm, October 5, 2016, by Tribune Media Wire

A Texas boy with special needs is on life support after his mom says two other boys intentionally set him on fire over the weekend.

Kayden Culp, 10, was playing with the others in a field when one boy allegedly threw gasoline on him and the other set him on fire, according to WOAI.

...Kayden, who displays autistic behavior but has not been formally diagnosed, suffered burns on more than 20 percent of his body. Injuries ranged from his belly button to his ears....

http://fox13now.com/2016/10/05/texas-bo ... ther-says/

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 7:04 am

Were the perpetrators arrested?

Kids of around ten can be arrested, and at least sent to Juvie.

What's the problem with these kids?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

sicko.i hope the kids get caught

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 11:36 am

KSAT.com wrote:
Juvenile charged with first-degree arson in burning of 10-year-old boy
By Ivan Herrera - Web Producer-News
Posted: 8:53 PM, October 05, 2016
Updated: 9:06 PM, October 05, 2016

The Kerrville Police Department on Wednesday said a juvenile was arrested and charged with first-degree arson after an investigation determined that the juvenile was identified as the person responsible for causing a 10-year-old’s severe burns....

http://www.ksat.com/news/juvenile-charg ... ar-old-boy

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 11:46 am

YouCaring.com wrote:
Financial Support for Kayden Culp's family

Financial Support for Kayden Culp's family
For: Tristyn Hatchett
Kerrville, TX
Organizer: Ashley Caliendo
Financial Support for Kayden Culp's family (Tristyn Hatchett)
view gallery
$67,756
of $10,000 goal.

https://www.youcaring.com/tristyn-hatchett-662011

In case anyone wishes to help.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

I could hardly believe what I was reading when I saw this reported in the New Zealand Herald. It is an act of such cruelty and malicious evil that I hope mass demonstrations against the targeted bullying of disabled children will occur, and that Texans will show some leadership in their own state. Silence and inaction will now look like consent to the status quo. This boy's trust in life and humans has been destroyed. There is a point where bystander apathy becomes another evil, when it is not enough to say "how terrible". Ultimately silence is complicity of a kind.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

They lured him and set him up. Yet only one has been arrested, not the enablers, the one charged with arson - a strange choice on the part of the police it seems, as if the victim was only "an inanimate thing". It was attempted murder, and they caused grievous bodily harm (acting as a gang). If he dies it will be murder, there is evidence of the intention to harm irregardless of the threat to his life.

Vile beyond words.

http://ktemnews.com/autistic-texas-boy- ... -children/

After extensive travel there, I was relieved to leave the state of Texas. It was the state that least impressed me on my long exploration of the Southern states of the USA, on my protracted coast to coast journey across the country.

Florida dealt with a similar crime with a charge of attempted murder:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06 ... ringleader

My day is ruined by this terrible news item, but the boy's life is ruined by this psychopathic act.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 9:53 pm

The sick bastards who perpetrated this should be charged with first degree attempted murder and the committing of a hate crime. It's pretty obvious the boy was targeted because he had special needs and would be an easy target. Seriously though this is the kind of thing where if someone were to take the law into their own hands and go after these monsters I couldn't really blame them.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 10:06 pm

That's it. All human beings are horrible and evil. No hope. Screw us all.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm

There is only no hope if good people respond by doing nothing. There is something that nearly all of us can do, small though it may seem. No single protest is insignificant if thousands of people show the same anger at these outrages. The response of despair is totally understandable. The response of inaction is not.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 1:33 am

Now the officials in Texas is saying it was an accident.

Original link updated information

Quote:
Kerrville fire and police officials said the fire that left Kayden Culp, 10, with second- and third-degree burns doesn't appear to be premeditated.

At a news conference, officials said the shed was already on fire when a juvenile male poured gasoline onto the fire, causing a flash fire that burned Kayden.

"Which in turn resulted in a backflash to ignite the container and the contents of that accelerant, which were then discarded by that individual, which inadvertently, according to everything that we've developed, struck this child," Police Chief David Knight said.

He said four boys, who knew each other, were in the shed when the fire erupted.

"No one was coerced to be there," Knight said.

After the news conference, an unidentified female family member of the juvenile arrested said the fire was an accident.

"We know that these kids, like I said before, are all friends," she said. "He didn't deliberately do this and go over there and throw this gasoline on top of him. You guys heard what they said in there (news conference). They were messing with it (gasoline), so somebody went this way, and it splashed everywhere."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 1:42 am

It sounds fishy somehow.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 1:54 am

That is my first thought. I hope they are not just relying on the statements of the family of the person arrested as the artcle implied.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 3:20 am

B13 wrote:
There is only no hope if good people respond by doing nothing. There is something that nearly all of us can do, small though it may seem. No single protest is insignificant if thousands of people show the same anger at these outrages.

Unless someone actually does considerable bodily harm to them, displays of anger will only further amuse the bullies.

I'm sorry, but I think there's nothing particularly evil about those kids. Their behavior seems perfectly normal to me at their age, which doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything to discourage it. Most kids either never find themselves in a situation in which they can pull it off and are confident in their ability to do so without fearing consequences, or have already been scared out of seeking that kind of amusement.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl