Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2016, 6:52 pm

Hello,

have you sometimes the problem, that you getting tiered of eating and just don't want to take food to you?

greets

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 3:44 am

I enjoy starving myself for several days at a time. The pain of hunger becomes a pleasant distraction from mental pain.

And yeah, eating can be such a chore sometimes.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 3:55 am

In the past I would have said no, eating was important to me. But nowadays it can bore me a bit, even if there is new stuff to eat. Starving is not an option however, I just eat something 'mechanically'.

On the other side, eating can give me great joy.

flownawy

15 Oct 2016, 7:12 am

I am not starving mostly, but also not really sated. Can come through the not perfect meals I eat, they are mostly not "complete", so I just eat a can of potato soup with some meet in it or something simple like that and at breakfast one or two slices of bread or a good muesli, when I have enough milk in house.
But that's almost it for the day, maybe two breads when I am hungry and not more.

I have stopped with candy eating and just prefer on some day's only coffee and cigarette.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 8:00 am

Are you just tired of the same foods? Like now, it's breakfast time, I'm quite hungry, and there isn't a single breakfast food in the house I actually want to eat. Or is it a different problem?

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:45 am

Mostly I have problems with eating when I am not much outside, maybe you should spend more time outside?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:54 am

I don't get "tired" of eating. I don't usually pay much attention to my bodily needs till they become agonizing, so I can just as easily forget to eat as long as my stomach doesn't rumble loudly enough as forget to stop eating till I'm painfully full. Unfortunately, during working days, I have a schedule, so I do start eating on time. This makes it harder for me to lose weight, as I still tend to keep mindlessly pigging out.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Oct 2016, 8:55 pm

I did a little when I was depressed. I usually love eating thou if it's food I like & I kinda binge eat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnodyneInsect

19 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm

I often forget to eat without a strict schedule and lately I only want to drink chai tea. I cannot do my exercise routine due to a ripped ligament, that exercise set up the entire schedule for my day. I can cook well but I feel like it is way too involved for me to do and the act of eating is getting in the way of studying.

WhoNav98
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2016, 12:39 pm

Yes. Due to my body image issues.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 3:56 pm

I spend too much money on food, partly because I enjoy eating so damn much. Well, I enjoy it, but it also makes me feel like s**t sometimes. I'd like to strike a happy medium where most of my meals are something like Soylent, and I only eat when I actually feel like enjoying something. It would be really cool if they came up with a Soylent-alike that looks, tastes, smells, and feels just like plain water.

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2016, 7:06 pm

What I am tired of is being hungry all the time. Whenever I start snacking, I can't stop myself. I stand at the pantry with a bag full of potato chips and the bag is almost empty. I do eat at fast food quite often which doesn't help. What I am tired of the most is stepping on the scale and seeing a number that I don't want to see.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Dec 2016, 7:15 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
What I am tired of is being hungry all the time. Whenever I start snacking, I can't stop myself. I stand at the pantry with a bag full of potato chips and the bag is almost empty. I do eat at fast food quite often which doesn't help. What I am tired of the most is stepping on the scale and seeing a number that I don't want to see.
I have those problems too. I really need to quit the binging & exercise more. I used to go walking but the winter weather is bad for that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 10:16 pm

yes quite the same, eating is rather a chore sometimes, often tolerance with taste and texture varies, other times its variable with different levels of anxiety and depression, that could make eating quite difficult. Docs describe it as a type of anorexia for which they have prescribed a appetite boosting antidepressant which has helped me enjoy food again.

Before this, i was deliberately losing weight to avoid morbid obesity and staving off fatty liver disease and diabetes being diagnosed pre-diabetic, this was a follow-up from previous physiotherapy from a bad fall due to bad co-ordination. Weight loss and exercise became an unhealthy special interest to the point I never saw myself thin and only ate minimally and going to the gym 6 hours a day. Had to discontinue as such exercise developed migraines and central nerve system damage affecting balance. The meds had to change again to accommodate the migraines, though the balance issues will be a potentially progressive thing as I age, but have to find the middle ground of avoiding too much food and too much exercise while being careful of the antidepressants weight gain side affects.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135