Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RobsPlanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2016, 2:17 pm

Hi all,
I've started a new blog on the politics of neurodiversity. The first post is on intersectionality and eugenics if you're interested:

https://intersectionalneurodiversity.wo ... heres-why/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 2:37 pm

We should be very weary of the rapidly evolving gene editing technology known as CRISPER-CAS9. They already have the ability to edit multiple genes at one time with it. This technology looks like it going revolutionize treatment and cure many diseases and help many people in ways that seems miraculous. Because of that it will probably get a very positive image and make it very difficult for anybody opposing it for any reason such as they think mandatory curing of autistic fetuses is wrong.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnodyneInsect
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2016, 10:25 am

Thank you for the article. Not only do the issues you raise cause damage to those of us who are Neurodivergent and other disabilities it also creates damage to the the NTs who have developed these Ideas and the suppression of the progress and success of society. It worries me that there are so many people who do believe that curing us of our differences and pathologizing creativity is acceptable.