Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 7:57 am

Outrider wrote:
You took the plunge and moved to Turkey?

Awesome! Good stuff! :D

I of course mean that positively.

It may not be the best of nations, but you get to be with your S.O. right and quite frankly, I do think it's noble to have the bravery to move to a country that isn't as good economically/by Human Living Index standards.

If you discount the current political party in power and the religious fundamentalists who voted them in, it isn't so bad. It seems like people are friendly and get along. People drink and party and have fun. It is very modern and commercial. Istanbul is a very very old city, but the infrastructure is actually newer and better than it is in the US. The subway system is very nice and clean. There is fast internet almost everywhere. Also, unlike the US you can get extremely cheap government subsidized health care.

People just seem to have much smaller living spaces compared to the US. Very few can afford typical American style houses. Cities are much more compact and crowded.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 6:56 am

^ Have you toured any of the historical sites? Have you dated any pretty girls there?

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 9:18 am

I have some very good memories of a conference at Ege University Institute for Solar technology in Izmir not so long ago.