Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:56 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
He attacks others gender or ethinicity instead of what they say. This has caused him to lag behind in polls, big time.
Last night during the debate, instead of telling HRC he didn't like what she said, he, instead , called her a nasty woman. This has really harmed him and keeps voters away.

His biggest mistake so far was to bring Bill's accusers to the second debate. I think most people can see past the hypocrisy. It was a foolish, arrogant line to take IMO. I thought Trump had a decent chance up until the accusations against him surfaced (even the video alone wasn't damming). It's conceivable that these accusers might not have come forwarded if he wasn't such an infuriating hypocrite and liar.

Trump makes these mistakes due to never running for office and now he wants to be elected for the most influential, important office of all. If he had held another post, he would be so different in how he talks because he would have learned what works and what doesn't. HRC has been around politics and in office so long, she knows how to play the game. Trump doesn't.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:59 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Mootoo wrote:
What's her got to do with this? Anyone can easily decide for themselves if they look at his 'Mein' Twitter 'Kampf'...

You're seriously saying he fails if he refers to her by her identity, when you're wrapped up in identity politics, yet fail to answer if it would be acceptable if she did it back. It's such a basic question even a kid could answer it. Why are adults struggling?

And what Jacoby said. The idea that Trump should be called out for ad hominem is preposterous because it is the very thing that has pushed almost all his primary opponents and Hillary's campaign against his, overriding policy almost at every turn.

Another great mind among so few.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:03 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
His biggest campaign mistake is his campaign. Jeb was the best GOP candidate.

We don't need another Bush, thank you. Too many cooks in the kitchen for my taste.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:13 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What I wish from Trump is for him to be totally honest. Why are you running for the highest position in government when you have zero political experience, I'd ask him. I mean, come on, even President Reagan was governor of California for a while before being elected!

And something like this is what Trump could say,

It's true I haven't any political experience. I am a businessman like my father. I grew up with money and it did make some things easier. What I am interested in is what I have to pay in federal taxes. I have been audited every year for quite some time. I would like to change a lot of things so wealthy people like me can keep more of our money.

Voters can evaluate that then decide if they agree or disagree and it can be that simple. If you agree, you have the right to vote for him. If you don't, vote for someone else. There's no shame in disagreeing with him, or agreeing. It depends on many factors in your life not just on how much money you have. So why not be honest about it? Can't alienate any more than already.

What I would like to ask voters is, what if you needed some sort of life saving medical treatment and this doctor appears. You ask, say Doc, what kind of medical experience do you have and he tells you none. He started yesterday and they hired him off the street. Before that he was running a real estate office but now you trust him with this life saving procedure, that he will know how to save your life. He will magically know what to do, so you can trust him, right?
Same goes with lawyers. You've been charged with a felony crime with your liberty at stake when you know they nabbed the wrong person. They send you a lawyer who never went to law school, never stepped foot in a courtroom. He's been successful running a business with a few scrapes here and there but he never studied law. Suddenly he's a lawyer and it is he who will help decide your fate for years to come. Would you put your trust in such a person only because he knows exactly what you want to hear, or would you rather have someone who graduated law school, has passed the bar, and has a few years experience trying cases and at least won a couple?

POTUS is just as important, if not more, than either of these professions yet so many are willing to elect a fast talking businessman who has never proven in any way he can handle being a politician. It is kinda scary.

On the doctor statement, some of the best surgeons come right out of school and know the latest techniques. The older, experienced ones may have a lot of "experience", but they are unwilling to change and try anything new. Same with Trump - America needs a new change.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I've seen this same mistake made where I live. An outsider with a Messiah Complex steps up, claims they are going to solve every problem, naively believes they are the only one who can possibly change things and make everything perfect, only to make huge mistakes after elected by an all too trusting public. Either that, or they get nothing done, do nothing but whine and complain while in office and collect a paycheck.

But, there's a faction of the public who are so irrational they believe the myth about Superman and apply it to reality only to become disillusioned when they realize reality isn't what they believe and their candidate does not possess superhuman abilities to fix every problem nor is he going to be their puppet.

You know what I've seen? People who do the same thing and expect a different outcome. That's what is being done by voting for Hillary. Another 4 yrs (hopefully not 8, God forbid) of nothing. They have had plenty of time to change the tax laws, but then Hillary's friends would feel outed. Can't have that now, can we? I expect Trump to change those laws since Hillary had been too busy not to.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
The thing with this to me is that it's HRC who makes an issue of being a woman. It seems like a big part of voting for her is so that she can become the first woman President. "Nasty person" would have been more PC. But obviously the Donald isn't into PC.

I'm tired of all of the political correctness. A person can't even say "Boo" anymore without someone being offended. It's getting damn old and way out of hand.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:31 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
He attacks others gender or ethinicity instead of what they say. This has caused him to lag behind in polls, big time.
Last night during the debate, instead of telling HRC he didn't like what she said, he, instead , called her a nasty woman. This has really harmed him and keeps voters away.

His biggest mistake so far was to bring Bill's accusers to the second debate. I think most people can see past the hypocrisy. It was a foolish, arrogant line to take IMO. I thought Trump had a decent chance up until the accusations against him surfaced (even the video alone wasn't damming). It's conceivable that these accusers might not have come forwarded if he wasn't such an infuriating hypocrite and liar.

Trump makes these mistakes due to never running for office and now he wants to be elected for the most influential, important office of all. If he had held another post, he would be so different in how he talks because he would have learned what works and what doesn't. HRC has been around politics and in office so long, she knows how to play the game. Trump doesn't.

"Play the game" is right - it's just a big freaking game to her and the "Elites". Trump is an outsider and that is why the people want him. I'm tired of all the clown politicians running the circus. The best one to run a country is a business person - not a damn lawyer for the millionth time. Lord help us. Lawyers are a dime a dozen and so are politicians.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:34 pm

One of the best things Trump has done - saying he won't accept the results of the election until he sees what happens. Reminds me of all the "hanging chads". The Left forgets so easily.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -election/

Darn, I flunked.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 12:22 am

nurseangela wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What I wish from Trump is for him to be totally honest. Why are you running for the highest position in government when you have zero political experience, I'd ask him. I mean, come on, even President Reagan was governor of California for a while before being elected!

And something like this is what Trump could say,

It's true I haven't any political experience. I am a businessman like my father. I grew up with money and it did make some things easier. What I am interested in is what I have to pay in federal taxes. I have been audited every year for quite some time. I would like to change a lot of things so wealthy people like me can keep more of our money.

Voters can evaluate that then decide if they agree or disagree and it can be that simple. If you agree, you have the right to vote for him. If you don't, vote for someone else. There's no shame in disagreeing with him, or agreeing. It depends on many factors in your life not just on how much money you have. So why not be honest about it? Can't alienate any more than already.

What I would like to ask voters is, what if you needed some sort of life saving medical treatment and this doctor appears. You ask, say Doc, what kind of medical experience do you have and he tells you none. He started yesterday and they hired him off the street. Before that he was running a real estate office but now you trust him with this life saving procedure, that he will know how to save your life. He will magically know what to do, so you can trust him, right?
Same goes with lawyers. You've been charged with a felony crime with your liberty at stake when you know they nabbed the wrong person. They send you a lawyer who never went to law school, never stepped foot in a courtroom. He's been successful running a business with a few scrapes here and there but he never studied law. Suddenly he's a lawyer and it is he who will help decide your fate for years to come. Would you put your trust in such a person only because he knows exactly what you want to hear, or would you rather have someone who graduated law school, has passed the bar, and has a few years experience trying cases and at least won a couple?

POTUS is just as important, if not more, than either of these professions yet so many are willing to elect a fast talking businessman who has never proven in any way he can handle being a politician. It is kinda scary.

On the doctor statement, some of the best surgeons come right out of school and know the latest techniques. The older, experienced ones may have a lot of "experience", but they are unwilling to change and try anything new. Same with Trump - America needs a new change.

Point being they actually went to medical school. They didn't up and decide one day to perform surgery after selling insurance for five years. Doctors must learn how to be doctors before allowed to practice medicine. Of course there isn't a politician school but there are degrees in political science and sociology that might help prepare an individual seeking office. Then there's practicing by getting elected to something smaller first. Why do people assume we shouldn't want qualifications for a job like this? It's rather grandiose accepting the notion Everyman can walk in off the street after tending bar for twenty years and run a country like the US with its influence on the world and complicated, intricate relationships with other nations, and that's only the tip of the ice berg! Trump is in way over his head. What he should have done is ran for Senate or something ten years ago.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 10:25 am

Adamantium wrote:
The Donald's greatest mistake:

I get where Trump is coming from but that speech is incredibly naive. If it were that easy to change the way special interests and lobbiests control politicians, someone would have by now. He talks like that because he has limited experience with special interest groups. You can't believe one person is going to swoop in and everyone with power will grovel at his feet. If they feel threatened you can bet they will go out of their way to mess things up as much as they can.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 10:46 am

I've seen this exact same dynamic before. Business lady sought a beleaguered public position. She thought the only reason the system failed was no one without any knowledge of it was getting involved. Yep its idealistic af and it makes a nice Hollywood story but what about reality? The assumption is made no one involved is capable of fixing it despite their combined experience, educations and expertise. So this lady won her bid for public office but she had no clue about anything she would have to do because her experience was not in the field of education. She had no idea how any of it worked. So she had trouble getting things done. She rode in on a wave of paranoia and distrust, made a bigger mess than before, and left disgraced but her intentions were good. See how easy it is to be deceived by sentiment?
That's why voters need to carefully consider reality and not be swayed by emotion.
Without any experience in politics it's certain Trump will have an uphill battle if elected. He might be able to get a few things done but chances are most of what he talks about doing now won't happen.
And since he is so inexperienced I wonder if he will be swayed too much by certain foreign interests, like Russia, a country it pays to sometimes cooperate with but we do not need to become more like Russia. Our Constitution and culture is different. If Trump does get elected, could see a crack down on civil liberties and if you really believe in the Constitution, it's not the American way.

And you can bet Trump will be influenced by his own lobbiests and elitists, which all of them are so don't be fooled, One Percenters like him. His peers. He's not going to be listening to Everyman over fellow Elitists because he was born into that class even though he does well at boistering Average Joe when it's Elitists or Average Joe, Elitists will win.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 11:06 am

nurseangela wrote:
One of the best things Trump has done - saying he won't accept the results of the election until he sees what happens. Reminds me of all the "hanging chads". The Left forgets so easily.

Breitbart is right wing propaganda I take with a grain of salt and no one revolted after 2000 anyway. There was no revolution.
In a country like the US, where civil liberties and freedom are ingrained in the culture, compromise is essential. Over the last 20 years, if someone doesn't get their way they threaten to splinter off or revolt. It really does seem childish and immature, like a tantrum or something. It's like mommy didn't buy them a sucker at the store, time to fall on the floor, kick, hit and scream until she does! They can't figure out any other way but the way our Constitution is written, there is always a way! It was actually written to minimize instability.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Ass backward.

First of all we are not talking about "the left" vs "the right", nor "the GOP" vs "the Dems". We are talking about Donald Trump vs everyone else. His campaign is not typical of the GOP, or the Dems. Its a different kind of creature altogether from the normal behavior of either party.

But since you brought it up: That's the point: that The "left" DOES remember the dangling chads, and does remember full well how Al Gore accepted the controversial results of the election -that was a razor thin margin election - so thin that a tiny amount of malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance might well have thrown the election.

This current hysterical talk by Trump is very different from the dangling chads fiasco of 2000. In contrast to the first W.Bush election (which the polls already showed was a dead heat at this point) - in this election the polls show Clinton ahead -and ahead by a significant fatter than microscopic margins (by millions of voters instead by only thousands). Maybe not a landslide. But not razor thin.

With that bigger than microscopic margin this election is not as likely to be decided by dangling chads in one district in one state. So its a harder election to steal than the Bush-Gore election (not that that one was proven to be stolen either, but suspecting that it might have been seemed reasonable at the time).

Trump gives every appearance of being just being a cry baby. He knows he is loosing so he is crying foul just like he was accusing Hillary of using blood doping for the debate( or using steroids or whatever the heck he claims to think that she was doing). And as Anna said above that behavior is radically at odds with the two century tradition of American democracy which depends upon compromise.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Ass backward.

First of all we are not talking about "the left" vs "the right", nor "the GOP" vs "the Dems". We are talking about Donald Trump vs everyone else. His campaign is not typical of the GOP, or the Dems. Its a different kind of creature altogether from the normal behavior of either party.

But since you brought it up: That's the point: that The "left" DOES remember the dangling chads, and does remember full well how Al Gore accepted the controversial results of the election -that was a razor thin margin election - so thin that a tiny amount of malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance might well have thrown the election.

This current hysterical talk by Trump is very different from the dangling chads fiasco of 2000. In contrast to the first W.Bush election (which the polls already showed was a dead heat at this point) - in this election the polls show Clinton ahead -and ahead by a significant fatter than microscopic margins (by millions of voters instead by only thousands). Maybe not a landslide. But not razor thin.

With that bigger than microscopic margin this election is not as likely to be decided by dangling chads in one district in one state. So its a harder election to steal than the Bush-Gore election (not that that one was proven to be stolen either, but suspecting that it might have been seemed reasonable at the time).

Trump gives every appearance of being just being a cry baby. He knows he is loosing so he is crying foul just like he was accusing Hillary of using blood doping for the debate( or using steroids or whatever the heck he claims to think that she was doing). And as Anna said above that behavior is radically at odds with the two century tradition of American democracy which depends upon compromise.

Dude, Trump is not losing. The media has already been proven by these Wikileaks to be telling untruths about the election in favor of Clinton. Honestly, with all the crap The Left has been doing that was brought out in the open by Wikileaks, I have no idea what will happen with the election. I think there are more people that are going to vote Trump, but are keeping it to themselves because of all the backlash they will get.

And yes, it is Democrats vs Republicans. The Democrats seem to think their crazy ass actions are OK, but if the Republicans act in the same way then it's ludicrous. A bunch of BS. I stand behind Trump because I think there will be a recount that could even come from the Democratic side since they already did it before.

Darn, I flunked.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 5:45 pm

nurseangela wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Ass backward.

Dude, Trump is not losing. The media has already been proven by these Wikileaks to be telling untruths about the election in favor of Clinton. Honestly, with all the crap The Left has been doing that was brought out in the open by Wikileaks, I have no idea what will happen with the election. I think there are more people that are going to vote Trump, but are keeping it to themselves because of all the backlash they will get.

And yes, it is Democrats vs Republicans. The Democrats seem to think their crazy ass actions are OK, but if the Republicans act in the same way then it's ludicrous. A bunch of BS. I stand behind Trump because I think there will be a recount that could even come from the Democratic side since they already did it before.

I think there's a lot of people who won't vote for either of them.