ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 5:45 pm

nurseangela wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
One of the best things Trump has done - saying he won't accept the results of the election until he sees what happens. Reminds me of all the "hanging chads". The Left forgets so easily.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -election/

Ass backward.

First of all we are not talking about "the left" vs "the right", nor "the GOP" vs "the Dems". We are talking about Donald Trump vs everyone else. His campaign is not typical of the GOP, or the Dems. Its a different kind of creature altogether from the normal behavior of either party.

But since you brought it up: That's the point: that The "left" DOES remember the dangling chads, and does remember full well how Al Gore accepted the controversial results of the election -that was a razor thin margin election - so thin that a tiny amount of malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance might well have thrown the election.

This current hysterical talk by Trump is very different from the dangling chads fiasco of 2000. In contrast to the first W.Bush election (which the polls already showed was a dead heat at this point) - in this election the polls show Clinton ahead -and ahead by a significant fatter than microscopic margins (by millions of voters instead by only thousands). Maybe not a landslide. But not razor thin.

With that bigger than microscopic margin this election is not as likely to be decided by dangling chads in one district in one state. So its a harder election to steal than the Bush-Gore election (not that that one was proven to be stolen either, but suspecting that it might have been seemed reasonable at the time).

Trump gives every appearance of being just being a cry baby. He knows he is loosing so he is crying foul just like he was accusing Hillary of using blood doping for the debate( or using steroids or whatever the heck he claims to think that she was doing). And as Anna said above that behavior is radically at odds with the two century tradition of American democracy which depends upon compromise.

Dude, Trump is not losing. The media has already been proven by these Wikileaks to be telling untruths about the election in favor of Clinton. Honestly, with all the crap The Left has been doing that was brought out in the open by Wikileaks, I have no idea what will happen with the election. I think there are more people that are going to vote Trump, but are keeping it to themselves because of all the backlash they will get.

And yes, it is Democrats vs Republicans. The Democrats seem to think their crazy ass actions are OK, but if the Republicans act in the same way then it's ludicrous. A bunch of BS. I stand behind Trump because I think there will be a recount that could even come from the Democratic side since they already did it before.

I think there's a lot of people who won't vote for either of them.