Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 9:36 pm

Stupid to even bother seeking advice but what should I do with someone who's made it clear she never wants to speak to me again? Obvious answer, move on, forget, etc. Heard it all before plenty of times and it's healthy to do and all that. Problem is actually doing that. Hard to do when they've been the only person to give a s**t about you in over the past decade. I feel almost invisible to others when they don't need me. Trying to reach out has only got me accused of whining...and yet they complain about much more trivial bs and I don't send them away or call them crazy. You'd think this karma thing would eventually return some good deeds, right? But no, just week after week of loneliness, drinking to try and forget Alanie ever existed. How do other autists cope or are they just lucky to never get obsessed with people? It's been since the end of March we talked as friends.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 6:03 am

What happened that caused Alanie to not want to speak with you again?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

All you can really do is give this person some space and time and one of two things will happen; they'll stay firm in the opinion they want nothing to do with you, or over time they'll come around and what's making them mad now will seem less significant. I've had people in my life come and go like this, you have a falling out, give each other some space and sometimes bridges can be mended, and sometimes they can't. That's just life I'm afraid.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 2:06 pm

If you aren't already, make sure you don't have her Facebook, Instagram, etc, bookmarked and don't go visiting social media. Doing so only makes it harder but people do this a lot after a breakup.

I_Heart_Unicorns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 9:59 am

Boxman108 wrote:
Stupid to even bother seeking advice but what should I do with someone who's made it clear she never wants to speak to me again? Obvious answer, move on, forget, etc. Heard it all before plenty of times and it's healthy to do and all that. Problem is actually doing that. Hard to do when they've been the only person to give a s**t about you in over the past decade. I feel almost invisible to others when they don't need me. Trying to reach out has only got me accused of whining...and yet they complain about much more trivial bs and I don't send them away or call them crazy. You'd think this karma thing would eventually return some good deeds, right? But no, just week after week of loneliness, drinking to try and forget Alanie ever existed. How do other autists cope or are they just lucky to never get obsessed with people? It's been since the end of March we talked as friends.

Yeah karma never works the way you want it to. This won't make you feel any better, but I've given up on relationships. Too much rejection, too much heartache. Yeah I hate being alone, but it's better than the alternative. Well for me anyway. Of course I'd love to be madly in love with someone who feels the same way about me, to have rampant sex 24/7 and to chase unicorns and butterflies in the park at the weekend, but reality is somewhat different.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Nov 2016, 1:27 am

I was pretty obsessed with both my ex girlfriends when we were together. I was still pretty obsessed with them & stalking their posts online which made things harder to get over. It was pretty difficult but I gradually started to accept that things were over & we were better off without each other as more time went on. Getting in my 2nd & current relationship helped me move on too. Trying to move on is the best thing you can do.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition