Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lonarabaran
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Has anyone out there watched to show "parenthood"? How does the character Max make you feel? What about Hank? Any opinions? If you haven't seen the show watch it. Both characters have Aspergers.
Reason I bring this up in the women's topic forum is because I have read that girls camouflage their condition better than boys and I wonder if parents and cultures are usually more tolerant of boys and tend to discipline girls more. Maybe that's not such a bad thing?

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

I watched a couple of episodes. I didn't see Max in the ones I watched. I would have to watch more of the show.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2017, 8:24 pm

I've seen about the first three to four seasons of it, give or take a few episodes. I didn't see much of Hank, so I'm not going to comment on him. As far as Max and all that goes, that actually is what helped me start asking my mom if I could be autistic. Max was the first character I saw on TV who had autism. As far as the camouflage thing, I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that part of the reason autism is more often caught in boys is that when the children are in elementary school, girls peers are much quicker to help their friends accommodate, where as boys are more likely to pick on peers who act different. So the girls blend in better, and find it easier to pass as neurotypical.