Page 38 of 40 [ 631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Nov 2016, 5:13 pm

Evangelical Christians like Israel more than American Jews, honestly maybe more than Israeli Jews. Its weird but I do believe Trump has a better chance at making progress in the peace process than his former opponent if they are willing to come to the table together.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Don't these guys believe in "restoring" Greater Israel?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 5:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Don't these guys believe in "restoring" Greater Israel?

Trump supports recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel but I don't think he believes in anything beyond that and spoke of trying to negotiate peace between Israel/Palestine in the debate, said "it would be really hard but it would be my great honor to work a out a deal that brings peace". Trump is a pragmatist and relishes making deals, he's not near as extreme as the media make him out to be. I don't think it has a huge religious significance to him.

Now Pence I don't know but he shouldn't be controlling anything, him and Trump disagree on a number of things but he choose Pence to keep the party in line.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 6:13 pm

It seems that Trump is the type who's not much Christian but suddenly became a devout Christian since joining the GOP :mrgreen: .

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Quote:
The way I see it is the Trump supporters should come out more against those in your flock that are haters,instead of denying they exist.

What gives you the impression that Trump supporters should be required to agree with you what constitutes a "hater", let alone publicly denounce them just because you desire them to do so?

This argument is used so often against feminists and muslims: that they should speak out loudly against the "extremists" among them so as not to be lumped in with them, and if they get lumped in with the bad ones then it's their own fault for not denouncing them loudly and often enough. You (a strident anti-feminist) pretending like you've never seen this tactic before is cute. :lol:

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm

What even is an "anti-feminist"?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 7:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It seems that Trump is the type who's not much Christian but suddenly became a devout Christian since joining the GOP :mrgreen: .

Nah Trump would never do that, he's a saint :wink:. Just like he didn't act like a complete child and a compulsory lair during the debates and didn't say "grab them by the p****", cause Trumps a good honorable man that should be a role model to all. :wink:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 7:18 pm

Getting somebody to admit an association at all is the whole point of that tactic in the media, condemning something doesn't matter because people hear the association and don't listen beyond that. I see no reason to acknowledge Klan members, Nazis, or any other idiot broken clocks because I have zero association or responsibility for that person. Go talk to their parents, what do I have to do with them? Extremists often are boogeyman, people obsess over one incidence or person like it's a rule.

In the end, there's no test to see who is racist and they have the right to vote as all Americans. I worry about actions, not words or paranoid half baked associations. We should all be seen as equal under the law, anybody that breaks laws or hurts people especially should be held responsible for it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 3:43 am

Misslizard wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I always copy my posts now before entering them

had a thousand worder eaten once, never again
I've tried that,the problem is chrome keeps crashing in the middle of a post.The keyboard gets slower and slower and then the Oops icon pops up.Im going to try safari and see if it works better.I also keep getting a pop up that completely covers the screen and tells me I've won a free gift card.Total bs,I'm sick and tired of dealing with it.
@adifferentname,there are feminists,and then there are feminazis.I have no use for feminazis.
For long posts I actually type into Evernote so it's not in the browser, than copy it into the browser. Evernote backs everything to the cloud as it goes so even if it crashes or the computer dies I can still get my post lol

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 3:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think Obama did the same thing years ago when he joined the Democrats. I know that the Democrat party isn't as devout but he knew he needed to pretend to be Christian to appease the general population / swing voters / middle americans.

I think the two most recent presidents are closeted atheists and one day there might be an openly atheist president.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 3:56 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think Obama did the same thing years ago when he joined the Democrats. I know that the Democrat party isn't as devout but he knew he needed to pretend to be Christian to appease the general population / swing voters / middle americans.

I think the two most recent presidents are closeted atheists and one day there might be an openly atheist president.

Well, plating your entire home with gold is certainly too un-Protestant/Evangelical.

What's Trump's stand on Evolution?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 16 Nov 2016, 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 3:56 am

Jacoby wrote:
out of state agitators, illegals, children, all paid and many bused in by George Soros

Personally, I blame the Koch brothers. They're my go-to billionaires to blame for mysterious conspiracies of hidden actors.
:P

Last edited by Awesomelyglorious on 16 Nov 2016, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:00 am

Jacoby wrote:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/report-hillary-clinton-became-physically-violent-election-night-tore-robby-mook-john-podesta/

There story out now that Hillary became physically violent toward Robby Mook and John Podesta on election night and had to be restrained, the reason she did not come out was because she was drunk and out of her mind after learning she lost the election.

Reminder, Trump has never touched a drink in his life. :)

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-had-drunken-meltdown-after-losing-the-election/

A bit of advice is to generally try to be very very careful about which sources you use and trust. If you're not cautious on the use of sources, then you'll spout off unreliable things, and that can tarnish the credibility that the rest of your comments have as well, as then people can track and notice how a person thinks and operates and even be more critical in response. (And honestly, people should be critical as hell of claims and ideas)

Just an FYI.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:06 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well, plating your entire home with gold is certainly too un-Protestant/Evangelical.
Very true. If he wants to do that he should be either Catholic or Orthodox (but he is descended from a protestant family).
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He doesn't have one because he knows that either way he'd alienate half of the population.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:19 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Very true. If he wants to do that he should be either Catholic or Orthodox (but he is descended from a protestant family).
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He doesn't have one because he knows that either way he'd alienate half of the population.

If the Catholic/Orthodox church sell the gold of their structures then they can feed all Christian populations in poor countries - for years.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:45 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Thinking about it, it was only in the recent past that Democrats are being called as "The Left" by their rivals, and the Dems indeed have the lefties on their side - I recall things were more spectrum-like in each party (each party having Right to Left) a decade ago or so but now it seems things being more Right vs Left? Christian vs non-Christian, No?

If things get settled at "GOP =the Christian Party/Right" and "Democrats = the Left / nonreligious", then it will be virtually impossible to beat the GOP in many many many decades ahead and the GOP will be even stronger - GOP will prevail demographically and the gap will only grow larger.

The birth rate among Christians is indeed higher than among Lefties :lol: - there are more Lesbians/Gays among the Lefties indeed too - and...there are some devout Christians who wouldn't even use any condoms or pills.

I predict that America's future is GOP almost forever.