Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

My computer broke just over a month ago, I got it two and a half years ago. It looked like it got hit by a train. I got a new one, it didn't work so I exchanged it for a different one.

The new computer was good. It was really expensive though. It was actually supposed to cost allot more, but since they had used it as a floor model, it was considered "open box". It was good, though. I had it for a month, then one day I opened it up and the bottom right hand corner of the screen was broken out, so they sent it away to fix. We got a call yesterday, and the cost to fix it is more than the cost of the computer itself.

Obviously I can't afford that, and I'm screwed. I have so many assignments due for school that I bought the cheapest computer they had (a chromebook, great cause I don't have internet) and am planning to return it in a couple weeks when I'm out of class. I'm pissed and upset and mad because I took great care of the computer.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:01 pm

Computers piss me off too so I know how you feel. They are one of the few things that send me into meltdowns.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:07 pm

This is why you need warranty. It's worth the extra cost and it can save you money for any computer problems. There is hardware and software warranty.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:32 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This is why you need warranty. It's worth the extra cost and it can save you money for any computer problems. There is hardware and software warranty.

My grandmother (who basically paid for it) flipped out and made me return the warranty the day I got it, said it isn't worth it

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 6:00 pm

Find your computer model# and google first 'replacement display', the top of your search should lead you to a company that sells replacement panels for many differant computers. Then go to youtube and search 'replace screen on *whatever your computer is*'.

You will be able to find a replacement display, and learn how to install it yourself.

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2016, 9:01 pm

It's actually hilariously easy to change the display out on a laptop.

All you need is a pry tool such as an iopener and your hands. And on some models a screwdriver. Find a (your computer here) screen replacement video on youtube to find out which materials you will need for your specific model.

BTW if the display was damaged on your laptop "all of a sudden one day" it is very likely that you somehow mistreated it, perhaps without realizing.

Goardon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2016, 2:01 pm

holy s**t dude... gasp.

My screen is loose. O_O

maybe we should get together and just stop using computers
* I thought the story was going to be about the internet disconnecting when you press 'submit' on a website, thus deleting 3 pages worth of submissions. Or pressing 'backspace' when you are not selecting the type box, thus going back a page in your internet search, deleting hours of submissions. OR, being told you have no right to post, AFTER pressing 'submit' for hour long submissions!! !

your story is far worse. Intellectual property doesn't deteriorate with delay and barriers.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 8:17 am

Goardon wrote:
holy s**t dude... gasp.

My screen is loose. O_O

maybe we should get together and just stop using computers
* I thought the story was going to be about the internet disconnecting when you press 'submit' on a website, thus deleting 3 pages worth of submissions. Or pressing 'backspace' when you are not selecting the type box, thus going back a page in your internet search, deleting hours of submissions. OR, being told you have no right to post, AFTER pressing 'submit' for hour long submissions!! !

your story is far worse. Intellectual property doesn't deteriorate with delay and barriers.

It f*****g sucks, I'm going to keep using it as long as I can, and scotch tape the sides up