Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 12:08 am

It's 11:08 as I'm writing this post, and I see some posts that I wrote just a few minutes ago that say "at Yesterday, 11:03 pm", even though it's today.

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Nov 2016, 12:10 am

where?

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 12:14 am

One example is the last post I made here. viewtopic.php?t=332605 I wrote that just a while ago today, not yesterday. If I had to guess (I could be wrong), the site might be calculating the date based on the server's time zone instead of the client's time zone. It is 12:15 pm in the Eastern time zone, which would make it December 1 over there.

Last edited by saxgeek on 30 Nov 2016, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Nov 2016, 12:16 am

saxgeek wrote:
One example is the last post I made here. viewtopic.php?t=332605 I wrote that just a while ago today, not yesterday.

A while ago was yesterday though. Midnight marks the start of a new day. That's why new years is celebrated when the ball drops at midnight.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 12:17 am

It's not midnight where I live. It's only 11:16.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 2:03 am

Going to the upper right corner of your screen where there is a link to "My Account"

Look at the options, go to "Board Preferences/Global Settings"
3rd Setting from the bottom is "My Timezone:" Make sure that is correct for your locale
2nd Setting from the bottom is "Summer Time/DST is in effect" make sure the "No" button is chosen.
The button that has been chosen is smaller.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:10 pm

saxgeek wrote:
It's not midnight where I live. It's only 11:16.

Yeah, but before the clocks were set-back (at the end of Daylight Savings Time), it was 12:16am----hence, the "yesterday", that you got.

It happens every year, here, when the time changes, and they (no one on this site) haven't changed the time on the server, yet. They'll eventually get-around to it. Right now, whatever time you see on someone's post, subtract an hour.