Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lis9664
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

Hiya, Scottish lady here, pretty new to social media despite being a grand old 33 y.o so apologies if I've stuck this in the wrong place, also I'm not used to talking about myself on posts so bear with me if I ramble.

I'm an undiagnosed aspie but I was prompted to join this site (after being a tourist for a while) due to some unkind comments in work today. I feel like I need to reach out to some like minded folk who can maybe sympathise with being the so-called wrong one in the group. I'm a bit tired of having to try and pretend to be normal, whatever that is, so I thought it might be refreshing to try out this site and be myself. I feel that Scotland has a pretty backwards view of mental health in general, never mind something like Aspergers which can't be seen or felt by others not experiencing it; a lot of people enjoy a casual bully in the form of 'banter' here, lemme know if you feel the same or maybe it's just me?

Anyway, I'm massively into art, children's illustration and animals, and looking forward to being a part of this site.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 12:42 pm

Hey lis9664 welcome. :sunny:

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm

Hullo lass.

Welcome to Weird Planet, don't swear, they go chicken oriental.

We are all black sheep here, Scotland loves to take the pish out of everyone and everything, it can be difficult knowing if it's serious.

It's all just a ride.

fourcandles
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2016, 2:45 pm

Workplaces can be pretty brutal sometimes, but whatever you do, don't let them into your head! Easier said than done, but being able to hang out with other weirdos helps a lot. So, welcome, fellow Scottish weirdo :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 6:54 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D