Being negative/cynical (and why I dislike it)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

03 Dec 2016, 6:42 pm

Lately, I've noticed that quite a few of my friends (I will NOT name names, however) have tended to be VERY negative towards life in general (especially after the election), and this kinda bothers me as a person.

Look, I know that life is not all a bed of roses. But the fact that some people I know are being overly negative about life in general doesn't sit well with me as a person.

I am the kind of person who sees that in spite of all the difficulties I have and will face and have faced in my life, I'm going to get through each and every day the best I can, negativity be damned. And to me, it makes me a more better person.

What I'm trying to say is: It's NOT my problem that some people I know can be overly negative, it's THEIR problem. I learned long ago that being overly like that and cynical is NOT good for one's health.

Tell me what you think of all this, WPers.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 3:08 pm

Addendum: I can sometimes have my negative phases, but as I said, they pass.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 3:51 pm

I can't stand negative either. There are people out there who find the negative in everything and go around judging others for everything they wear or do or what they have and they are even negative about themselves because they can't be happy with what they've got and they can't stop comparing themselves to other people. But these types of people usually have mental issues so it's not like they're normal. They may be on the outside and may act functional but emotionally or mentally they're not. Even if they kept their negativity to themselves, they would still be suffering and everyone would just assume they're fine because they look normal and act normal.

My husband has been stressed out about the election so he has been smoking again (not cigarettes) but I don't see it as him being negative because he doesn't talk about it all the time. He only tells me what he has found out and what they are doing now. My mom thinks he should quit reading about it because it's giving him anxiety and he ends up on fake pages that print out fake stories and people fall for them and also repost those stories. My husband says he knows what to look for and he goes to legitimate websites for news. He doesn't trust anything wiki leaks says. But lot of people feel this way about the election. It's never been like this in our lifetime. There have been protests before when Obama was elected and Bush but never like this. Plus lot of people didn't even vote and Trump had the lowest votes than Hilary but only won due to electrical votes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 5:21 pm

I posted this on another group and was denounced as being insensitive. When I really wasn't! UGH....

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:10 pm

^If anything, you were being quite sensitive.

I am extremely empathic and sensitive, so I am often affected by negativity and try my best to avoid it and people who are consumed/controlled by their negativity.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm

^ Thanks. I like it when people are the voice of reason about me on this, like you. :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:32 pm

^You're welcome! :) I'm trying to help dispel the negativity covering the world by waking people up and showing them how wonderful and full of love everything is. :D :heart:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:45 pm

^ Amen to that. :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:47 pm

^Whenever my family says grace before we eat supper, I usually add at the end: 'Almonds.' :lol: :)