Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 6:32 pm

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 5:51 pm

Too bad there isn't a vaccine for stupidity. It's a horrible epidemic. People think autism is an epidemic, but it's not. It doesn't kill people and isn't contagious. Stupidity, however, kills many people and is highly contagious.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 8:25 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Too bad there isn't a vaccine for stupidity. It's a horrible epidemic. People think autism is an epidemic, but it's not. It doesn't kill people and isn't contagious. Stupidity, however, kills many people and is highly contagious.

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2016, 2:08 am

The Anti-vaxxers have a very powerful friend https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor....

"If a child gets a dozen or more vaccines at once, perhaps from a quart-sized syringe with a pump on it - Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"

"If I were President I would push for proper vaccinations but would not allow one time massive shots that a small child cannot take - AUTISM."

In America anything is possible now...

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2016, 10:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
The Anti-vaxxers have a very powerful friend https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor....

"If a child gets a dozen or more vaccines at once, perhaps from a quart-sized syringe with a pump on it - Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"

"If I were President I would push for proper vaccinations but would not allow one time massive shots that a small child cannot take - AUTISM."

In America anything is possible now...
"proper vaccinations" All Thermosial and mercury which was what they thought 'caused' autism isn't even in the vaccines any more. So Even if that was true which it isn't. It wouldn't happen anymore.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2017, 7:03 pm

From what i have read in many different places and have no reason not to believe, it *is* still in the multi vial flu shots, and it's also the cheapest so many places still get plenty of thimerosal and don't even probably know to ask.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 10:06 pm

The resurgence of the anti-vaxxers is one facet of the "post truth" era which recently began. In the post-truth era, just believing something is good enough "evidence" for it to be true, even if there is no real evidence. It's part of a much wider cultural and political shift. And it's sad.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2017, 11:09 pm

If you go here:
http://libgen.io/scimag/index.php?s=Alk ... redirect=1
Click on "libgen" and then "download" and you can see the off from the scientific journal called Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology Volume 240 published by a company named Springer in Switzerland written by 2 CDC scientists, John F. Risher and Pamela Tucker. It goes into that in multiple ways, ethylmercury, the ingredient so disputed in old vaccines and now in the flu shots in many places, is just as dangerous and in some ways more dangerous than methylmercury. "Thimerosal is quickly metabolized in vivo, due to its reactions with protein and non-protein thiols (Wu, et. al. 2008) (Wu X, Liang H, O’Hara KA, Yalowich JC, Hasinoff BB (2008) Thiol-modulated mechanisms of
the cytotoxicity of thimerosal and inhibition of DNA topoisomerase H alpha. Chem Res
Toxicol 21(2):483–493), so the effects of Thimerosal reported in numerous articles is very likely the result of exposure to the metabolite ethylmercury." "Sharpe et al. (2012) also noted that EtHg not only inhibits mitochondrial
respiration, leading to a drop in the steady state membrane potential, but also causes
concurrent increases in the formation of superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, and
Fenton/Haver-Weiss generated hydroxyl radical." (Sharpe MA, Livingston AD, Baskin DS (2012) Thimerosal-derived ethylmercury is a mitochon-
drial toxin in human astrocytes: possible role of Fenton chemistry in the oxidation and
breakage of mtDNA. J Toxicol 2012: Article ID 373678) There's a whole list of sources, I can copy paste them all if you wish. Are people saying that this has never happened before? Science is slow, and the mind is complicated. This is from Wikipedia - "It was not until the second half of the 20th century that subclinical lead exposure became understood to be a problem. During the end of the 20th century, the blood lead levels deemed acceptable steadily declined. Blood lead levels once considered safe are now considered hazardous, with no known safe threshold." i just started learning about the autism spectrum when i found out i am most likely on the spectrum with extremely many aspergers traits, and the arguments i have found against ethylmercury seem pretty damning whereas all i have really received from dissenters is vitriol.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 1:04 am

The same study by the two CDC scientists says, "The results of the Mutkus et al. (2005) experiments indicated that thimerosal
treatment caused significant, selective changes in both glutamate transporter
mRNA and protein expression in CHO cells. Thus, those authors concluded that
their studies suggested that the application of thimerosal to the central nervous
system might contribute to dysregulation of glutamate homeostasis." (Mutkus L, Aschnr JL, Syversen T, Shanker G, Sonnewald U, Aschner M (2005) In vitro uptake of
glutamate in GLAST- and GLT-1-transfected mutant CHO-K1 cells is inhibited by the
ethylmercury-containing preservative thimerosal. Biol Trace Elem Res 105(1–3):71–86)
http://news.mit.edu/2015/altered-brain- ... utism-1217

Is every single one of these sources lying? Is it really a giant online conspiracy between all these sources, or do ya think there might actually be a connection?

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 1:08 am

and this from
The Journal of Experimental Biology 200, 401–409 (1997) 401
Printed in Great Britain © The Company of Biologists Limited 1997
JEB0608

Introduction
THE ROLE OF GLUTAMATE TRANSPORTERS IN GLUTAMATE HOMEOSTASIS IN
THE BRAIN
MICHIKO TAKAHASHI, BRIAN BILLUPS, DAVID ROSSI, MONIQUE SARANTIS, MARTINE HAMANN
AND DAVID ATTWELL*

"The Na+-dependent glutamate transporters play a key role in
controlling the level of extracellular glutamate in the brain. An
inevitable consequence of the transporters being powered by
the transmembrane transport of Na+ and K+ is that in
conditions such as ischaemia these transporters will reverse
and pump glutamate into the extracellular space, leading to
neuronal death.
There are a number of unanswered questions about glutamate
homeostasis in the brain, some of which we list here as a
stimulus to further work. First, are there more Na+-dependent
glutamate transporters which have not been cloned yet? Second,
is the ionic stoichiometry of all the Na+-dependent transporters
the same as that of the salamander Müller cell transporter?
Third, do Na+-independent glutamate transporters, such as the
cystine/glutamate exchanger, play a significant role in
controlling the level of extracellular glutamate? Fourth, what is
the role of these transporters in controlling the extracellular
glutamate concentration during the development of the nervous
system, before synapses have formed?"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:22 am

Please read this excerpt from the rules, which you have contravened since your arrival yesterday:

Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes
copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming).
[
Spamming
/Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited

If you continue to ignore these rules, your account here will be terminated without further warning.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 1:24 am

I am sorry, i just won't post here anymore. Information is free, and i am not keeping my mouth shut to anyone and everyone that will listen.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:25 am

Thank you for providing an example of anti-vax behaviour to us. Farewell.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:32 am

B19 wrote:
Please read this excerpt from the rules, which you have contravened since your arrival yesterday:

This includes
copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming).
[
Spamming
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.

If you continue to ignore these rules, your account here will be terminated without further warning.

How on earth can this new member's posts possibly be considered as violating the rules above? She has only nine posts, not duplicates and not spam, and not promotions of any product or group. Her apparent fault is that she has an opinion you disagree with, and speaks out in favor of it. I would say this is a case of abuse of moderator authority, not a case of a problem poster.

There Are Four Lights!

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 1:35 am

I did copy and paste material that could fall under some copyright problem, but as far as i always knew, cited quotes for educational purposes was always allowed. But i can't just not connect the dots, it's like the pieces fall into place. Sorry folks, i am new, but i am doing my homework fast and in a hurry.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:37 am

Darmok wrote:
B19 wrote:

This includes
[
Spamming

How on earth can this new member's posts possibly be considered as violating the rules above? She has only nine posts, not duplicates and not spam, and not promotions of any product or group. Her apparent fault is that she has an opinion you disagree with, and speaks out in favor of it. I would say this is a case of abuse of moderator authority, not a case of a problem poster.

Pointing out the rules isn't an abuse of authority, it's what the modteam is expected to do.