The alt-right is a product of systemic anti-autistic abuse.

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2017, 7:19 pm

You could, indeed, have a point about that much. It bears looking into!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

How to Stop Uncontrolled Immigration Like a Pro:

- Stop destabilizing the Middle East.
- End the Mexican Drug War ... and the entire war on drugs.
- Blame Lockheed Martin and Exxon Mobil.

I don't see why this is such a hard issue. Everything that I am saying should be common sense by now.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I don't see why this is such a hard issue. Everything that I am saying should be common sense by now.

Solve it..."like a pro"?????

In sports there are "professionals" whom an ammature can emulate. But in the field of stopping illegal immigration there are no "professionals" ( no "pros") to emulate. So the expression "like a pro" doesnt mean anything when applied to that subject.

The Middle East would destablize itself whether we touched it or not. Its a closed room full of gasoline fumes. If we didnt spark it it would still spark itself.

How do you propose that we end of the Mexican drug war?

Why blame two companies? What are you blaming them for? And even if they deserve blame what does just blaming them solve?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 12:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

In sports there are "professionals" whom an ammature can emulate. But in the field of stopping illegal immigration there are no "professionals" ( no "pros") to emulate. So the expression "like a pro" doesnt mean anything when applied to that subject.

The Middle East would destablize itself whether we touched it or not. Its a closed room full of gasoline fumes. If we didnt spark it it would still spark itself.

Why blame two companies? What are you blaming them for? And even if they deserve blame what does just blaming them solve?

Ending the Mexican drug war is easy...stop fueling it. It's the war on drugs in America which is driving up the demand for drugs, because all limiting the supply is doing is driving up the price, which makes selling a little bit of drugs much more profitable, which makes it much more appealing for cartels. If illegal drug trafficking ceases to be profitable, then the gangs will die off.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 2:31 pm

Ganondox wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Ending the Mexican drug war is easy...stop fueling it. It's the war on drugs in America which is driving up the demand for drugs, because all limiting the supply is doing is driving up the price, which makes selling a little bit of drugs much more profitable, which makes it much more appealing for cartels. If illegal drug trafficking ceases to be profitable, then the gangs will die off.

So you are saying that we should legalize drugs? Or are you saying we should not necessarily legalize them, but just stop trying to stop drugs from coming in through the border? Or what exactly?

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2017, 2:43 pm

Don't go to the deep web forums, 8chan, or stormfront--at least on 4chan, stormfags are kind of despised.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

So far as anyone can tell, negative behaviors, on each side of the cultural divide, are being subsidized. It's like asking how to end gun violence, after the Fast&Furious gunrunning scandal, or how to end drug addiction, after the drug running scandals. Perhaps, if some influential money interest were to referee, there would be no more problems, in the world.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 7:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

So you are saying that we should legalize drugs? Or are you saying we should not necessarily legalize them, but just stop trying to stop drugs from coming in through the border? Or what exactly?

There are countless different ideas for exactly how to do that, legalizing drugs being one of them but not the only one. It doesn't matter what exactly we go with, what we are doing now is terrible.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 7:01 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.
Why?

In 1992 and 1996 20% of Republicans supported Pat Buchanan an anti-Semitic Holocaust denier. If something like that happened so recently how can you say their isn't a substantial portion of the party that subscribes to the alt right's views.

David Duke also won the 1991 Louisiana Primary. Republican voters have got behind these people.
Yes and remember the KKK was founded by Democrats.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.
Why?

In 1992 and 1996 20% of Republicans supported Pat Buchanan an anti-Semitic Holocaust denier. If something like that happened so recently how can you say their isn't a substantial portion of the party that subscribes to the alt right's views.

David Duke also won the 1991 Louisiana Primary. Republican voters have got behind these people.

That was hundreds of years ago, and by a different group of democrats.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 11:40 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.
Why?

Today, most black Americans are Democrats, while the KKK has become overwhelmingly conservative Republican, beginning first with LBJ's civil rights legislation, then with the right's charge for states rights -code for stamping on unpopular minorities - championed by Reagan and others.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.
Why?

Today, most black Americans are Democrats, while the KKK has become overwhelmingly conservative Republican, beginning first with LBJ's civil rights legislation, then with the right's charge for states rights -code for stamping on unpopular minorities - championed by Reagan and others.
Yeah LBJ I think was probably the best President post FDR. Its a pity we haven't seen someone like him in modern day politics.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

LBJ is a secret racist.

PaulAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2017, 2:54 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The Autism connection to the alt right seems to have come from the "claim" by Milo Yiannopoulos that he is an Aspie because he can not get offended. A person who revels in the "post fact" world does not seem autistic to me.

It seems like in the actual article he talks about autism or sociopathy, which a both involve lack of empathy but our empathy is logical (we don't know what the person is thinking) while sociopaths have a lack of emotional empathy (they don't care what the person is feeling even if they understand what they are thinking). Maybe he is more the latter and confuses the two... Just a thought.

Professionally diagnosed January 2016 in my mid-30s. I always knew I was a little different but always thought it was quantitative not qualitative and I don't like labels I don't need. Now I finally understand a lot I didn't before. (Technically now called ASD in the USA but I really don't care about autistic v aspie for terminology.)

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:30 pm

Korin wrote:
LBJ is a secret racist.
And he worked tirelessly to end discrimination did he not?

I think most of his beliefs were genuine. He spent his 20s as a teacher for Hispanic immigrants got to know and understand these people as well as the discrimination they suffered.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:02 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
No, it isn't.
Why?

Yeah LBJ I think was probably the best President post FDR. Its a pity we haven't seen someone like him in modern day politics.

Amen to that. I think Obama had wanted to follow in LBJ's footsteps with LGBT rights.