Page 23 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 6:35 am

Raptor wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
So are you guys not embarrassed by Trump's speech tonight at the Anti-White House Correspondents' Dinner?

He is such an oaf and people just lap it up.

Didn't watch it. I very rarely watch anything like that no matter who's in office. I doubt I'd be embarrassed, anyway, but if in the unlikely event I was embarrassed by whatever he said or did it would be offset by the pain and misery he is causing the left.

:lmao:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 6:58 am

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
So are you guys not embarrassed by Trump's speech tonight at the Anti-White House Correspondents' Dinner?

Didn't watch it. I very rarely watch anything like that no matter who's in office. I doubt I'd be embarrassed, anyway, but if in the unlikely event I was embarrassed by whatever he said or did it would be offset by the pain and misery he is causing the left.

Not sure why that's so funny. The opposing sides thing has been done to death.

I thought Minhaj did a good job in a tricky situation. He even took on CNN. It was funny.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 8:58 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Not sure why that's so funny. The opposing sides thing has been done to death.

That's because it was funny to me, not you. The wording is funny. I like tongue-in-cheek humor.

androbot01 wrote:
I thought Minhaj did a good job in a tricky situation. He even took on CNN. It was funny.

Without a video reference, I'm afraid I have no idea of what you're talking about.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 9:53 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Without a video reference, I'm afraid I have no idea of what you're talking about.

Using Google Chrome I entered "CNN Minhaj" and got this:

CNN: 10 memorable lines from comedian Hasan Minhaj at the WHCA dinner

Quote:
On CNN: "Don, every time I watch your show, I feel like I'm watching a reality TV show. 'CNN Tonight' should just be called 'Wait a second! Now hold on! Stop yelling at each!' with Don Lemon."

Quote:
On Afghanistan: "Historically, the president usually performs at the correspondents' dinner, but I think I speak for all of us when I say he's done far too much bombing this month."

Quote:
On headlining the WHCA dinner: "I would say it is an honor to do this, but that would be an alternative fact. It is not. No one one wanted to do this so of course it falls in the hands of an immigrant. That's how it always goes down."

I imagine you can pull up the video on YouTube.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 3:00 pm

androbot01 wrote:

No, cuz he wasn't AT the WHCD!!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 3:12 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

No, cuz he wasn't AT the WHCD!!

I said the Anti-WHCD aka, The Trump Masturbation Tour.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

^^ Wow. So, what do you get every time you put the U.S. president (or, any other of the administration), down----does it make you feel better about yourself?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:38 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
^^ Wow. So, what do you get every time you put the U.S. president (or, any other of the administration), down----does it make you feel better about yourself?

Unfortunately not. Nor does it make me feel better about the Trump administration.

Minhaj made an interesting observation during his act; he said that Truth has given way to Trust. In other words, it doesn't matter if something is true, what matters is faith or trust in the speaker. I remember encountering this thinking when I was going through school. I never thought that one of its practitioners would end up so successful.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 5:55 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:

As for me, no, it does not make me feel better about myself. I worked for 5 1/2 years in that meat grinder known as The Department of Defense. After that experience, I detest, if not hate, all politicians.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
^^ Wow. So, what do you get every time you put the U.S. president (or, any other of the administration), down----does it make you pfeel better about yourself?

Trump derangement syndrome is very addictive.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 11:46 am

Now here's some real derangement for you, and it's in the San Francisco Chronicle, once considered a major US newspaper:

Right now, there is, across the media spectrum, analysis, commentary, a number of outlets sort of half-heartedly attempting to take the “100 days” benchmark semi-seriously. As in, “Trump promised these 30 things in the first 100 days. How did he do?” and the like, as though he were an actual, functioning politician with actual, functioning ideas designed to improve the well-being of the nation.

He has nothing of the sort. He is just an ogre, the hell-mouth incarnate, a shockingly incompetent, weak-kneed, kindness-abhorring con man incapable of a single complex thought, a charlatan merely using the most powerful office in the land to rape the U.S. Treasury and launder mountains of cash through his own businesses.

https://ricochet.com/426097/vive-la-res ... -cry-help/

So, other than being a hell-mouth incarnate, I wonder how he thinks Trump is doing?

There Are Four Lights!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 5:12 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Unfortunately not.

Then, why do you do it?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 4:45 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Unfortunately not.

Then, why do you do it?

Because Trump degrades the office. He is childish, ill-informed, a liar, narcissistic, self-centered and embarrassing.

The only people who attend those rallies are his base. He has no interest in winning people over to his side. He chose to speak to a group of his fans, not his critics. To me this shows cowardice and a flawed character.

It's still too early to see if his actions have any positive effect. He's going to have to deal with this North Korean situation. His choice to make overtures to the Filipino leader is interesting.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 1:09 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Unfortunately not.

Then, why do you do it?

Because Trump degrades the office. He is childish, ill-informed, a liar, narcissistic, self-centered and embarrassing.

Oh, so then you start all these negative threads / make all these negative posts, for the attention (to see your name in lights, so-to-speak).

It's a shame Canada has never had a prime minister who was seen, by many, as bad----cuz, then, maybe, you would know how we feel about the world putting-down OUR president:

Is Harper the Worst Prime Minister in History?

Some highlights from the article:

National Observer wrote:
"I think Harper… can be vindictive, certainly not always grateful for what people have done for him in the past… So you can say he's ruthless, which is probably true…"
"All of the prime ministers we consider successful have some major accomplishment they can point to – Harper doesn't have that,” he explains. "His accomplishment first of all is winning power and staying in power..."
"There is something very Stalinesque about Harper," remarks Harris. "My bottom line on this guy is, he hates democracy. He doesn't care about truth and cares only about the perception of what benefits him."
"...given his longevity in power, and in regards to the fundamental things people grade a government on – such as the economy, democratic practices, the environment, corruption, foreign policy, culture, civil liberties – Harper's record might very well place him as the worst prime minister in Canadian history."
If there is one area in which Harper is particularly vulnerable, it’s the charge that he runs one of the most undemocratic regimes in Canadian history – and has undermined and abused democratic institutions and procedures at every turn. In fact, he is the only Canadian prime minister to be found in contempt of Parliament, which occurred in 2011 after his government refused to release costs on certain programs to opposition MPs.
A more recent example is Bill C-51, the government’s anti-terrorism legislation, which critics say will criminalize free speech and allow government agencies to widely share personal information without any regard to privacy, while giving CSIS, RCMP and CSEC freer range to spy on whomever they choose. The law also allows these agencies to hold people up to a week in “preventative detention."
Democracy Watch released its annual report card on the government’s performance, giving it an “F” on accountability and democratic reform. “The secret unethical lobbying, excessive secrecy, conflict of interest, and donations scandals in 2013, and the broken promises… make it clear that another Accountability Act is needed to close dozens of loopholes and clean up the federal government,” Conacher said at the time.
For many political observers, one of the most alarming changes Harper has ushered in is not even legislative: it’s the way in which political discourse is conducted. “They have a clear policy of dishonest spin on almost everything,” says Conacher. “They’ve done that far more than any other government in the last 25 years, which is to lie and stick to the lie.”
He is the first prime minister who is a marketer, an aluminum siding salesman. He is not a truth teller.”
After Harper was elected, another 400,000 manufacturing jobs vanished...

androbot01 wrote:
It's still too early to see if his actions have any positive effect.

Yes, so pick on some other country's leader / administration, for awhile, and give us USAans a break, please.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 1:37 pm

Quote:
So, what do you get every time you put the U.S. president (or, any other of the administration), down----does it make you feel better about yourself?

The fact that you can get away with dissidence, as an individual, means that your opinion is not important, in the bigger picture.

But, what I have noticed, from expats, who escaped repressive regimes, is they are forever looking over their shoulder. I have seen Koreans and Eastern Europeans do it. My late family members did it.

Conspiracies were reportedly the talk of insane asylums, according to some other security guards, who I knew.

Think of it, objectively.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 2:47 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Oh, so then you start all these negative threads / make all these negative posts, for the attention (to see your name in lights, so-to-speak).

I didn't start this thread and I have stopped starting Trump threads. Honestly, I can barely look at or listen to him anymore.
I really enjoyed Hillary's interview the other day. She is right about Comey. There is something fishy about him.

Campin_Cat wrote:
It's a shame Canada has never had a prime minister who was seen, by many, as bad----cuz, then, maybe, you would know how we feel about the world putting-down OUR president:
Is Harper the Worst Prime Minister in History?

Harper was the worst Prime Minister ever. He was a terrible leader and I said so at the time.
Campin_Cat wrote:
Yes, so pick on some other country's leader / administration, for awhile, and give us USAans a break, please.

I live too close to the U.S. to be ignorant of its politics.