Page 26 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 42  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 7:18 am

EzraS wrote:
Not hyperbole. Canada is a large wealthy nation very similar to the United States in many ways. Why is it always expected to take a back seat while America is always expected to be in the driver's seat? If Trudeau is a better leader then Trump, then why isn't Trudeau and Canada more involved?

More involved in what? World War III? I suppose if someone had sent a couple of planes into Toronto's Financial District we would be more motivated. But they didn't. (Yet.)

Canada is not as involved in international wars as the U.S. We offer support, but our focus is more national. This works fine for me. If countries are going to start lobbing missiles around, it's better to keep a low profile.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 7:22 am

EzraS wrote:
Not hyperbole. Canada is a large wealthy nation very similar to the United States in many ways. Why is it always expected to take a back seat while America is always expected to be in the driver's seat? If Trudeau is a better leader then Trump, then why isn't Trudeau and Canada more involved?

It's much safer for Canada to remain a nail rather than trying to become the hammer.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 8:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Didn't it occurred to you that for some Trump is going against the values that many stand for, and not just a little bit. He's against environmental science and science in general, lack any common human decency, his tax policies is based on a notion that failed every time it have been tried, he's pro Wall-Street, he despise women, he despise knowledge, he talk like an idiot, he's a liar, he go against human rights and many other things; yet he's now the most powerful man on the planet.

Likewise Trump is not going against values many stand for. Many consider what liberals and the left stand for as lacking decency. Not everyone agrees with the liberal or leftist take on Global Warming changed to Climate Change and now apparently changed again to Environmental Science (because the credibility of global warming is crumbling). It would be nice if there wasn't such a political bent regarding environmental science, but there is. The rest of what you're saying is mostly based on stereotypical liberal and leftist hyperbole.

And again, if Trump is all that bad, why isn't Trudeau stepping up and taking his place as the most powerful man on the planet?

The credibility of global warming is not crumbling, at least not from someone who look at it from a rational perspective: I said environmental science because I was talking about the environment on a general sense, not just about climate. Also, while Canada got a good economy it's population is still nearly ten time lower that the United States.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 8:45 am

"Global Warming" is definitely occurring.

The real question: is this primarily caused by natural, inevitable climactic variation, or is this primarily caused by man-made elements (e.g., CO2 emissions, particulate pollution, aerosols, etc.)

In the past millennium (1000-2000 AD), we had both a "little Ice Age" (circa 1500-1800 AD) and a decent warm up (around 1200 AD). None of these could have been caused by man-made agents.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 8:54 am

I get it. Canada wants to complain about how America and its president handles world affairs while it stays in its bubble.

As for global warming, I think this person seems to have a very good handle on it. Maybe because I haven't been politically brainwashed.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 10:50 am

I think that global warming is an example of magical thinking, because leftists see people enjoying themselves and being comfortable, and say it results in negative karma.

Mating pairs, the abundant meal, green grass, to pick a flower, conveniences which make us healthy and comfortable, home and hearth (literally) are assigned a sense of spiritual guilt, eventuating in cosmic upheaval.

Yet, fundamentalists say that moral decadence results in natural and manmade disasters, lost wars, and financial loss, and are considered superstitious, for that.

One side said that national sin caused 9-11, and was forced to apologize --
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/ ... ber11.usa9
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... -children/

The other side said that terrorism was caused by global warming, ie. any enjoyment of material resources, whatsoever, no matter how wholesome --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCkimcXd_t0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9vqhGEa38

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 2:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
I get it. Canada wants to complain about how America and its president handles world affairs while it stays in its bubble.

As for global warming, I think this person seems to have a very good handle on it. Maybe because I haven't been politically brainwashed.

More like he do not have a good handle on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2014/nov/03/weather-channel-founder-not-credible-on-global-warming

http://uscentrist.org/platform/positions/environment/context-environment/john_coleman/the-amazing-story-behind-the-global-warming-scam

If the scientists consensus don't convince you, maybe a inuit perspective will: https://skepticalscience.com/Inuit-Climate-Change.html
They got as much academic credential as John Coleman on the subject, and way more credential from their geographical location and lifestyle.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 3:06 pm

Here's some dignified Leftist strategy for you -- will Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama publicly denounce it?

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 6:53 pm

Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

More like he do not have a good handle on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2014/nov/03/weather-channel-founder-not-credible-on-global-warming

http://uscentrist.org/platform/positions/environment/context-environment/john_coleman/the-amazing-story-behind-the-global-warming-scam

A problem I have with this sort of thing is it's not really a presentation and mainly involves opening a multitude of links to various websites. The whole thing just ends up being a jumble. It's like statement/claim link. And this just results in taking me to similar websites with yet more links that take me back to the same websites. And it seems to be centered around "climate change experts".

Isn't there a more concisely comprehensive presentation in existence?

Tollorin wrote:
If the scientists consensus don't convince you, maybe a inuit perspective will: https://skepticalscience.com/Inuit-Climate-Change.html

"My name is Caitlyn Baikie. I am a 20-year-old Inuk from Nain, Nunatsiavut and have lived there all of my life." Seriously?

I mean this is one of my main issues with Global Warming, that it's based on observation over a small amount of time. The rest seems to depend on computer simulations.

When I first moved here to the Seattle area in 2014, it was a lot sunnier and dryer than I was expecting. And locals were saying "it never used to be like this". But this year it's been nothing but cold and rainy so far.

I was wondering if the same was true in California, because it's an area Global Warming folks like to go on and on about being in a drought. And yep it's getting drenched too.

Tollorin wrote:
They got as much academic credential as John Coleman on the subject, and way more credential from their geographical location and lifestyle.

They who? Coleman gave me a really good concise comprehensive presentation. On the "they" side all I got was a nest of urls.

Now I haven't made up my mind on this. But there are things about it I find to be questionable and sketchy.

------------

Now all of that is off topic of course. What's on topic is this weird "TRUMP DENIES GLOBAL WARMING!" trend.

Maybe he has a good reason to be skeptical of it.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 8:18 pm

If it weren't for fake hate crimes perpetrated by the Left, there might be no hate crimes at all.

Police: Brown County church organist admitted to November vandalism

BEAN BLOSSOM, Ind. (WTHR) - A Brown County church vandalized with Donald Trump graffiti shortly after the 2016 election wasn't targeted by pro-Trump political activists, but a member of their own congregation, according to police.

People suspected the KKK or some other hate group was responsible for the graffiti. The arrest of the church organist, was a surprise - and a relief.

The Brown County prosecuting attorney's office issued a statement Wednesday saying they had charged 26-year-old George Nathaniel Stang of Bloomington with institutional criminal mischief, a misdemeanor. Stang was the man who originally claimed to have found the graffiti, and works as the organist at St. David's Episcopal Church in Bean Blossom....

Detectives immediately suspected the crime was committed by someone familiar with the church. They said cell phone records put Stang in the area Saturday night.

According to court records, when confronted with the evidence, the 26-year-old gay man confessed.

Investigators say Stang admitted to painting the "Heil Trump" and "Fag Church" graffiti himself because he wanted to "mobilize a movement after being disappointed in and fearful of the outcome of the national election."

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-brow ... -vandalism

There Are Four Lights!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 12:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The real question: is this primarily caused by natural, inevitable climactic variation, or is this primarily caused by man-made elements (e.g., CO2 emissions, particulate pollution, aerosols, etc.)

In the past millennium (1000-2000 AD), we had both a "little Ice Age" (circa 1500-1800 AD) and a decent warm up (around 1200 AD). None of these could have been caused by man-made agents.

There is a long history of climate change, but the ones wanting to regulate the sh!t out of anything that theoretically may attribute to climate change are tree hugging anti-capitalists which speaks volumes.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 12:37 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And again, if Trump is all that bad, why isn't Trudeau stepping up and taking his place as the most powerful man on the planet?

I guess that's hyperbole as the answer is obvious.

androbot01 wrote:
I don't understand the sentiment expressed that no one should criticize Trump ... Americans shouldn't because he is their president and non-Americans shouldn't because it's none of their business or "rude." So is it being argued that when a person is in a leadership position they should not be open to criticism? I think this would be a bad idea, as it is those in power who most need to hear diverse opinions.

There's a difference between criticizing and relentless obsessive over the top attacking. I'm not taking about you when I say that. I mean the whole syndrome overall. It's a matter of level and frequency and attitude.

Let their tears nourish you, for we are witnessing the golden age of liberal butthurt that you will tell your grandchildren about.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 1:26 am

Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I guess that's hyperbole as the answer is obvious.

androbot01 wrote:
I don't understand the sentiment expressed that no one should criticize Trump ... Americans shouldn't because he is their president and non-Americans shouldn't because it's none of their business or "rude." So is it being argued that when a person is in a leadership position they should not be open to criticism? I think this would be a bad idea, as it is those in power who most need to hear diverse opinions.

There's a difference between criticizing and relentless obsessive over the top attacking. I'm not taking about you when I say that. I mean the whole syndrome overall. It's a matter of level and frequency and attitude.

Let their tears nourish you, for we are witnessing the golden age of liberal butthurt that you will tell your grandchildren about.

Nice! Good to see that you are still at it.
:lol:

Still the same old

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:08 am

Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There is a long history of climate change, but the ones wanting to regulate the sh!t out of anything that theoretically may attribute to climate change are tree hugging anti-capitalists which speaks volumes.

I'm sure there's a history of climate change. I'm just not sure what it adds up to, if anything.

From purely subjective point of view, when I lived in Las Vegas there was all the stuff I kept hearing about Lake Mead water levels being so low compared to the 80's and how that was such dramatic proof of global warming. Then I saw a picture of Lake Mead from 1955 and the water level was just as low then as it is now. And this year it's starting to rise again because of record rainfall and a huge snow cap in the mountains.

Raptor wrote:

Maybe god is a liberal and that's why there's been torrential rainfall in the west.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:38 am

Here's my theory:
For 70 years in the late 1600’s there were virtually no sunspots. A phenomenon we now refer to as the Maunder Minimum. That same time also corresponds to the Little Ice Age. And during that same time period all the great composers of Baroque music lived, composed and performed. Including Bach, Vivaldi, Haendel, Zelenka, Buxtehude, Scarlotti and many others. Which proves conclusively, (by correlation) that climate change is caused by the absence of Baroque music.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 6:04 am

Raptor wrote:

Could you come up with a new shtik ... I get it: anyone who doesn't like Trump is insane, addicted to hatred, or a crybaby.

Trump, of course, has no flaws.