My education is ruined because I was short sold.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

YYYv
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2016, 8:42 am

New here.

in 2015 I got depressed and couldn't get out of bed in the morning. My mom yelled at me and threw water at me. She also tried to stage a big intervention for me by taking away all my personal belongings because I am addicted to the "computers". (used to be video games but she then changed it to this) this made things worse and wrecked all my marks due to the trouble at home. I was a B student. She also dragged me to the local GP for some reason to make me sign an agreement to adhere to all her arbitrary rules she put in place trying to impersonate "Asian parents".
I was fine with chores but the rules weren't about that.

Got a blood test and was dragged to a psych. Psych told them to stop their s**t. I was put on meds. Meds didn't work. I eventually just stopped going due to nothing working. The rules are gone now but my Marks were destroyed. I took 2016 easy because It would all be for nothing If I killed myself.

Near the end of the year I was pulled into the office. Since they know about the ASD now the head of year pulled me out of Chemistry, Physics, ATAR English, and maths applications and put me in all general courses. I feel pathetic and I cant fix my marks to get back into my normal courses due to weirdness in the Curriculum (year 11 ended in term 3? and year 12 started in term for of what was supposed to be year 11) Its the Last year of school next year so I cant work my way back into ATAR courses. Without an ATAR I can not go to university.

Honestly I just want to do away with my ASD diagnosis. Its only given me pain. I was convinced of this ever since I got an Aide in year 4 after I got my diagnosis. She Hit me and man handled me and threw me in a room for snapping my pencils when she wouldn't leave me alone to concentrate on my work. I actually tried lying to doctors to get ASD off my medical record once.

The Only way I can see myself living a somewhat comfortable life is to either become a merchant mariner Or spend the extra year getting into university to do a business degree I don't care about. I just want an apartment and a job I don't hate that isn't a job for ret*ds. I'm fine with being a salary man. As long as I'm paid nothing else really matters. Money is the only way anyone will ever respect me. My ability doesn't exceed peoples contempt for me hence I'm not a useful aspie. I don't have any talents or am above average at anything so Financial success is the only way I can make up for myself.

its just been so hard to cope with the shame of it all and living like this. My best friend of 3 and a half years decided he didn't need me anymore and decided he was too good for me. (this happened conveniently within a months of me casually disclosing I had ASD during a conversation about something Chris Chan Related.). This just further makes s**t apparent I should just never tell anyone because It will always be to my detriment.

I'm on the fast track to being a failure and I don't know what I can do at this point to save myself. I don't even know what post this is anymore

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Sorry to hear that. Your mom doesn't sound like a very nice person if she's throwing water on you.

I don't know very much about getting a job, but I do know that sometimes people start small before they start to work a good job. My dad used to work a job he hated in a some factory for little pay. One old worker said to him, "Once you start here, you'll always be stuck here." Well, after nearly 20 years, he finally found a better job that paid enough for him to live comfortably and start a family. So there's still hope, I guess.