Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

VYcma
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm

I usually have the worst side effects from any prescription that affects my brain like antidepressants and antipsychotics, so I tried CBD. This post is about my personal experience with CBD coupled with antidepressant and shouldn't be considered a replacement for consulting a professional.

I'm on lepraxo (Escitalopram) and I've been thinking my Generalized Anxiety Disorder may come from one of its noted side effects.

The first time I took CBD I felt like I was high even though it's not supposed to, it was only one drop and I was finally feeling calm and peaceful. this state never happened again and I kept on one drop a day.

After a while I just felt less anxious in general, enough so I could go back to my personal teacher's house to keep learning but not enough to feel calm again. I tried to go for two drops a day, but it gave me a headache and so I learned about the risk of "serotonin syndrome" with my antidepressant and the CBD. I, for some reason, reacts violently to even the slightest dose of medication affecting my brain so I still think it was a risk.

Eventually I started having nightmares every night while I would just have episodes of 5 to 10 days before CBD (the increase of serotonin can cause nightmares for some reason), and since it's also a symptom from Lepraxo I decreased the dosage from 10 to 7.5mg, not enough to have a withdrawal effect but enough from stopping the nightmares that I now think were really from Lepraxo.

I will soon decrease the dose to 5mg and if withdrawal happens, try two drops of CBD.

Thanks for reading, I made this post in hope of helping others with AS who wish to try CBD.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm

Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to try cbd oil but I'm kinda skeptical about it. I don't want to end up wasting my money. I've would like to hear more of the experiences from people with asd that have tried it.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2017, 4:06 pm

Always good to hear someone benefiting from the green medicine 8)

CBD can be expensive and hard to get a hold of, and has a ways to go in terms of discovering its full potential. As legalization makes its rounds it'll become more widely known and given a lot more R&D into its many benefits.

I've tried the Remedy strain which didn't have much of an effect, other than some head pressure a very low euphoria that was barely detectable. Charlottes Web is available to me but I've read it's mostly effective for seizures. It could also be like with other medication CBD needs to be taken for a period before the effects are noticeable. The oils cost more and dispensaries don't really give much info so unless I want to read lab reports it feels like a hit or miss based on the reviews people give on certain cbd products.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2020, 3:39 pm

Hi VYcma,

Glad CBD is working for you.: )

I tried CBD myself and didn't do anything,

though i convinced myself for the first week,

it was doing something.

MIND OVER MATTER.

Re:Escitalopram,don't pay attention to what is written on the net re:withdrawal symptoms.

Make a 'DECISION',be resolute in mindset,say i've had enough of 'not being me' on this
synthetic pharmaceutical drug.

Reach that point of making a 'RESOLUTE DECISION',and see the MAGICK happen.

Titrate as you see fit,but again,don't pay attention to what is written on the net re:withdrawal symptoms.

Plans in place~Understand your triggers,hence your reasons for taking Escitalopram in the first place.

Move past these triggers/fears,one step at a time,little by little,from small things,big things grow.

Also,understand,you are not your mind,you are the master of your mind.

Be just that and become the master.

Triggers/fears,are only mental constructs of the mind,thinking,thoughts,manifest,

hence what you think,there fore you manifest and experience.

Food~Important,watch what foods you shouldn't disgest re:sugars,additives and processed foods etc.

Eat clean,drink water.

Get body into Ketosis state.

Good luck and best wishes.

Ps.

Train your mind~just an example/tinybuddha.com,is a good source and a wealth of information.

The Ketogenic Diet: The Ultimate Guide to a Low-Carb Keto Diet

The Complete Guide to Intermittent Fasting 16/8

Stabilize moods,practice the art of doing nothing.