do you have fear of going to hell?

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 1:48 am

^^^^^ do you believe, as many religious right-wingers and prosperity gospel adherents, that the poor, because they are disfavored by god, will burn in hell forever?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 1:56 am

No, the poor are not being disfavored by God, but simply being given an opportunity to clear their past karmic-dues, and all «suffering» experiences actually do bring the sufferers closer to heaven, provided that they do not seek revenge or retaliate against their oppressors in any way.

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^^ do you believe, as many religious right-wingers and prosperity gospel adherents, that the poor, because they are disfavored by god, will burn in hell forever?

I will now quote an excerpt about Edgar Cayce from Ian Currie's book for everyone's consideration...
Ian Currie wrote:
But, he was asked, wouldn’t a belief in karma lead to a fatalistic philosophy? If people “needed” to suffer for karmic reasons, then what justification was there for any effort to aid people in a less fortunate state than oneself? Cayce was quite explicit in his answer. He said that those who needed expiation through suffering for that which they had imposed on others would arrange to be born into a time and place where they would receive it. But, he added, their suffering was also an opportunity for the personal growth of others in more fortunate karmic circumstances. If the more karmically advantaged were foolish enough to abuse their positions by either ignoring or actively exploiting those in a less karmically favorable position, then they were doing something which would have to be paid for in later lives. Karmically determined misfortune and affliction thus offered opportunities both to those who appeared to be their victims and to those who were not. There was therefore no justification whatever, he said, for not trying to relieve human suffering.

It is unfortunate and regrettable but, just as was foretold in times of old about rich men and camels and eyes of needles, the modern-day Prosecutor will find it easier to walk through a mountain-pile of razor-blades than to simply forgive someone who may have crossed paths with a statute, thus guaranteeing his ban from heaven.

I now hereby link the Messiah's page that lists the REQUIREMENTS for entry into Heaven...
http://www.the-testament-of-truth.com/t ... heaven.htm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 2:23 am

^^^^ Edgar Cayce was a unique man :star:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

No, and for the same reason why I don't fear Santa Claus' naughty or nice list.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2017, 12:04 am

auntblabby wrote:

I've never heard that from even extremists

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

No I do not. It's easy to rationalize this for me.

If I am a good person it does not matter what "god" I worship even if it is none. And if this god is so petty that it will be mad that I had the wrong name well it's not worth it anyway because it is throwing out it's own message over a minor thing. Kind of like that expression a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Hell was not even a thing until the Middle Ages when the Catholic church made it up. The religion existed for centuries without it. The Jews also don't really have a concept of Hell and they predate the Christians.

Yes I do think there is a place where bad people go I guess you could say. But it's MUCH harder to be in that place then some people think and you choose to be there. Life is a journey and part of that experience is mistakes.