Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2017, 10:58 pm

I don't understand why it is such an issue if someone is gay. The most common thing against homosexuality from religious people gays can't reproduce. Why is that such a bad thing? There are lots of people who aren't fit to be parents and don't want to have children. Many straight people choose not to have children. Are they bad, too? I believe in and have faith in God and I know that most Christians are good people and mean well. I just don't understand why a lot of them are homophobic. Nobody chooses to be gay just like nobody chooses to be autistic or have a disability. We are all born differently and we aren't meant to achieve the same things. I don't think it would be a bad thing if more people were gay and stopped reproducing. This world is way overpopulated and has enough problems. It wouldn't hurt if there was a population reduction.

amsirob
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jan 2017, 4:05 pm

Well a lot of people say that it goes against the bible or quran. Granted a lot of people don't really read these texts that closely but people love to use religion as an excuse to condemn things that make them feel uncomfortable. Premarital sex is supposed to be immoral too but not too many Westerners pay that any mind, because at this point in history people expect to have sex in their teens (granted females in more conservative settings could get away with "saving themselves for marriage" and not turn many heads).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:14 pm

Nothing is bad about it.

Also its a technicality but homosexuality does not render one incapable of reproduction, but obviously being in a relationship with someone of the same sex they don't generally put that ability to use.

Some gay couples still want to be parents though but they can adopt kids, and with increasing technology there are other ways to have/create a baby than intercourse. Currently that mostly extends to things surrogate parents and sperm banks and such services infertile people use to produce offspring...but I imagine its possible homosexual couples could resort to those kinds of services as well.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jan 2017, 2:44 am

Reproduction isn't the be all and end all of our existence.

At least I have a sister who has given my mom two grandchildren (and a third on the way) so she can at least have the experience of being a granny which many people want.

But I had to come to terms with the fact that I couldn't simply marry a girl simply in order to have children and make a woman unhappy because I am gay and thus needed to find a male partner / soul mate to satisfy my emotional and physical needs. It's not easy but I was fortunate to find that someone special. Plus he understands my condition and may even be on the spectrum himself.

It is not an issue at all. We need to stand together and find solutions to the issues which really do threaten humanity, such as global warming, peace between religious zealots, etc.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/