Website against Asperger's Syndrome: HeartlessAspergers.com

Page 7 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 3:14 pm

Jono wrote:
Quote:
But experts warn that unless malicious narcissism is present, the aim is not to consider the emotionally challenged partner as being “at fault"

How does does that even make any sense? If the idea is that AS is the source of this AfDD or whatever, then that is tantamount to the same thing as the AS partner being at fault.

The distinction is about intent. Malignant/Malicious narcissism is distinguished from regular narcissism by sadistic and psychopathic behaviors.

It should be noted that neither Malignant Narcissism nor Affective deprivation disorder is in any diagnostic manuals.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 5:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jono wrote:
Quote:
But experts warn that unless malicious narcissism is present, the aim is not to consider the emotionally challenged partner as being “at fault"

How does does that even make any sense? If the idea is that AS is the source of this AfDD or whatever, then that is tantamount to the same thing as the AS partner being at fault.

The distinction is about intent. Malignant/Malicious narcissism is distinguished from regular narcissism by sadistic and psychopathic behaviors.

It should be noted that neither Malignant Narcissism nor Affective deprivation disorder is in any diagnostic manuals.

Firstly, intent is actually not relevant whether or not deciding someone is at fault (especially if a relationship is considered abusive, for example). Secondly (and this follows from my first point), saying that the AS partner is not "at fault" because he/she didn't "mean" it does absolutely nothing to address some of the concerns we initially had about the old incarnations of this "disorder" like CADD or the Cassandra Phenomenon. If the old notion of using CADD to deny an AS partner of child custody by using the notion CADD, like what Sheila Jennings Linehan tried to promote, rears it's ugly head again then nobody will give a crap if the AS parent "meant" it or not because the only thing that's considered in such cases is the interests of the child. Finally, it also does absolutely nothing to address the original concerns that this "disorder" can be used to inadvertently support abuse against AS people (if they're unlucky enough to find themselves in an abusive relationship) because it encourages everyone to always believe the NT partner regardless of any evidence to the contrary and CADD can be used as excuse to blame the victim.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 2:34 am

Jono wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jono wrote:
Quote:

Firstly, intent is actually not relevant whether or not deciding someone is at fault (especially if a relationship is considered abusive, for example). Secondly (and this follows from my first point), saying that the AS partner is not "at fault" because he/she didn't "mean" it does absolutely nothing to address some of the concerns we initially had about the old incarnations of this "disorder" like CADD or the Cassandra Phenomenon. If the old notion of using CADD to deny an AS partner of child custody by using the notion CADD, like what Sheila Jennings Linehan tried to promote, rears it's ugly head again then nobody will give a crap if the AS parent "meant" it or not because the only thing that's considered in such cases is the interests of the child. Finally, it also does absolutely nothing to address the original concerns that this "disorder" can be used to inadvertently support abuse against AS people (if they're unlucky enough to find themselves in an abusive relationship) because it encourages everyone to always believe the NT partner regardless of any evidence to the contrary and CADD can be used as excuse to blame the victim.

I thought you were saying in your opinion it did not matter and you were opining that the Aspie should be blamed. I agree Cassandra will be used against aspies no matter what caveats are used, similar to the situation where crime suspects Aspergers diagnosis are always bieng emphasized lately.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2017, 9:47 pm

I strongly suspect the person who made this site is herself mentally ill. You don't make an entire website attacking a mental disorder if you aren't. Also, I would think that anyone who spent a few months living with me would be generally aware of my shortcomings. This person went through an entire marriage without figuring out what her partner was like. How thick can she be? She also mentions being burned by a friend with Asperger's. I wouldn't be surprised if she randomly diagnosed that friend out of paranoia.

This is a hate site, plain and simple. I would definitely understand if she had made a support site for spouses and family members of autistics. This isn't that - the entire thing is written as a warning, saying people "have the right to know," as if there's something malignant about being autistic.
Our mental disorder is a challenge for us and people we have relationships with. It's worth explaining those challenges and giving support. Her format isn't designed to do that. It's designed to scare people away from us. This format would only be appropriate for mental illnesses that actively victimize people, like sociopathy, sadistic personality disorder, or malignant narcissism. This is completely inappropriate for autism. If you're having trouble removing yourself from the topic, a more comparable mental disorder might be bipolar disorder. I've known way more people who've had their lives undermined through relationships with people with bipolar disorder than autism, though the vast majority of people who are bipolar are wonderful. Two of my closest friends growing up were bipolar. Making a website designed to scare people away from bipolar people would be disgusting and inhumane, just as it is to do so with autism. Make a support site, not a scare site. We don't actively harm people. Our biggest challenge is that we don't always know how people are feeling just by looking at them, and we don't always know how to act. There are ways around this, like verbal communication. It's a challenge. Support can help. But this site is disgusting.

In the website she tries to minimize what she's doing repeatedly, again saying people have "the right to know." If you ask any racist or white supremacist what they're doing, they'll minimize it in a very comparable way. Talk to a Neo-Nazi or KKK member and they'll probably say they're not a supremacist, but rather a "separatist" or a "nationalist." It's BS. I want to know the name of the person who runs this site, she deserves to be held responsible.

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

Amebix: she is not alone. She have a mafia supporting her and her site.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Amebix wrote:
It's BS. I want to know the name of the person who runs this site, she deserves to be held responsible.

Maxine Aston

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 7:39 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Amebix wrote:
It's BS. I want to know the name of the person who runs this site, she deserves to be held responsible.

Maxine Aston

Maxine Aston coined and publicized "Affective Deprivation Disorder". I have seen no evidence iheartless is her site.

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2017, 5:40 am

probably "Katy Ford" (aka Adelyn Birch???)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-relatio ... +aspergers

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2017, 5:45 am

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2017, 6:26 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Amebix wrote:

Maxine Aston

Maxine Aston coined and publicized "Affective Deprivation Disorder". I have seen no evidence iheartless is her site.

I agree. I looked her up, and while she is quoted in the site, it would be very strange if it was Aston's - she herself is a therapist who works with people with autism. She's actually written books on relationships for people with Asperger's.

norwegiansun wrote:

This does look promising... I'll look more into this

norwegiansun wrote:

unfortunately, the info here might be misleading. I googled the phone number, and it's listed all over the internet for "scam warnings"

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2017, 4:13 am

i recommend you dont contact the author of the heartlessaspergers site.

She is an evil person! And she is not alone! She cooperates with a large group of evil people(probably with a lot of money!)supporting her and her site.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:18 am

norwegiansun wrote:

Neah because she also quoted that website in her book and she says her ex isn't a bad man and she used a different name for him because she didn't want to destroy him. That doesn't sound like someone who made that website.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2017, 9:40 am

League_Girl wrote:
norwegiansun wrote:

Neah because she also quoted that website in her book and she says her ex isn't a bad man and she used a different name for him because she didn't want to destroy him. That doesn't sound like someone who made that website.

she is problably a psychopath, very good to trick people with an agreeable persona.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:37 am

League_Girl wrote:
norwegiansun wrote:

I can in fact confirm that it is Adelyn Birch, the one who runs the "Psychopaths and Love" blog, however, though I know that "Adelyn Birch" is a pseudonym, there is no evidence that she and Katy Ford are the same person. In fact, I seem to recall her username on ASPartners at Delphi being Marissa something.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:39 am

norwegiansun wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
norwegiansun wrote:

she is problably a psychopath, very good to trick people with an agreeable persona.

She's not Katy Ford.

norwegiansun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

Jono wrote:
norwegiansun wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
norwegiansun wrote:

She's not Katy Ford.

maybe they cooperate...