Red flags in dating? Early stages

Page 14 of 15 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 6:24 pm

My dad goes to bars sometimes to watch a sports game. He has also gone there to hang out with friends and there would be his female friends there too and his male friends. My mom has gone to some of them too with my dad and they meet up with friends. Men and women or they have gone with my aunt and uncle too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jan 2017, 12:04 am

Your room and apartment is messy as sht.

Let's just say you start dating a girl, you've gone on several dates over the course of a month and have good chemistry. So you decide to invite her over. You unlock the door, talk for a bit then head straight to the bedroom. Only for her to see a bunch of dirty underwear lying on the floor, a plate full of pizza crust on the bed, tissues with wiped up jizz on the dresser, and an unmade bed with a bunch of crumbs on it. She runs into the bathroom to puke at your foul room only to find a bunch of facial hair in the sink, a wet floor, and a bunch of wadded up towels on the floor. She turns to you and says, uhm yeah I don't think this is going to work out bye. Congratulations sir, you have been cock blocked by a messy apartment! -claps-

So if you ever want a girlfriend especially if you plan on living with her, you better clean your place often and ALWAYS clean up after yourself after you eat. Plus if you ever invite friends over, they're going to be disgusted if the place looks messy. So it's good to practice and get into a habit of cleaning up yourself now if that's something you struggle with. No girl wants a slob, that's pretty much a universal deal breaker.

It's something I struggle with I will admit.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 1:24 am

ShadowProphet wrote:

Let's just say you start dating a girl, you've gone on several dates over the course of a month and have good chemistry. So you decide to invite her over. You unlock the door, talk for a bit then head straight to the bedroom. Only for her to see a bunch of dirty underwear lying on the floor, a plate full of pizza crust on the bed, tissues with wiped up jizz on the dresser, and an unmade bed with a bunch of crumbs on it. She runs into the bathroom to puke at your foul room only to find a bunch of facial hair in the sink, a wet floor, and a bunch of wadded up towels on the floor. She turns to you and says, uhm yeah I don't think this is going to work out bye. Congratulations sir, you have been cock blocked by a messy apartment! -claps-

So if you ever want a girlfriend especially if you plan on living with her, you better clean your place often and ALWAYS clean up after yourself after you eat. Plus if you ever invite friends over, they're going to be disgusted if the place looks messy. So it's good to practice and get into a habit of cleaning up yourself now if that's something you struggle with. No girl wants a slob, that's pretty much a universal deal breaker.

I normally clean that all up the night before.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 1:28 am

ShadowProphet wrote:

Yeah that will scare me away too. How hard is it to keep that place clean you know? Just pick up after yourself after you make the mess.

But I have known some people who were that dirty. My sister in law is one of them and I told my husband I am never staying the night at her house that's for sure, that place is disgusting. But yet we left our children in that dump because we already had our weekend vacation planned so it was either cancel or leave them there so we picked the second one and I told my husband I am never doing that again. My in laws clean but my mother in law hasn't been able to due to medical issues so the place was very bad when I was last there. My mom even told me to not ever let them live with us when my husband and I get the house fully because they will make messes and it will be too much for me to handle. My ex was that dirty too and his excuse was "my room is too small so I don't have room for everything" when in fact he had dirty clothes, trash, dirty dishes. Hello, it's very obvious he is just messy and he is just making excuses for his room or otherwise you wouldn't be seeing dirty plates and trash and dirty clothes. But I was stupid and lacking common sense.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 1:44 am

That's not a bedroom; it is something else.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:27 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What do you mean?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:34 am

League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What do you mean?

It is a room for breeding blob monsters.

I am referring to ShadowProphet's post.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:45 am

I'm still stuck on the tissues with jizz on the dresser. 8O

Yeah, I'd be out of there too.
Messy I can sort of handle but not full on filth.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jan 2017, 2:48 am

Raleigh wrote:
I'm still stuck on the tissues with jizz on the dresser. 8O

Yeah, I'd be out of there too.
Messy I can sort of handle but not full on filth.

I couldn't read past that sentence either :lol:

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jan 2017, 2:53 am

0_equals_true wrote:
MsV wrote:
So disregarding multiple requests to back off after crossing various boundaries - before even really dating - by still texting... in your opinion? I'm serious, your answer seems really rational.
Atm I feel really rude not replying but don't want to make him think i want contact after he actually scared me and just seeing his name pop up makes me really stess out. He's trying to guilt me into answering and I'm worried about either course of action.

Ok here is my opinion. This is not dating. You owe him nothing.

I can't comment on who is in the right or wrong, because these thing can be a bit complex and I don't know enough about the situation. If you feel pressured then avoid there is nothing to feel guilt about.

However this is a good indication you are not compatible with him, and there is little chemistry.

There are way of blocking numbers so you don't receive the text.

Thanks! I compromised and wished him all the best in life (polite) but reiterated that because he didn't keep his word (he promised to let me be the first to initiate contact) and kept bombarding me, I would like to discontinue communication. I got a final message trying to guilt me for not appreciating the attention and he told me he'd delete my nr. Here's hoping!! !

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:32 pm

That's cool. I can relate to the unwanted pressure.

When there is chemistry thought, then you do wish to talk to the person and them you, however you/they will be extremely mindful of making them/you feel comfortable and not pressured.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:43 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Red flags:

Calls you weak because you asked for advice

Accuses you of being passive and unmotivated because you decided to wait and see what her short terms plans before you decided your next course of action

Accuses people of being manipulators if they question her views on relationships, despite the views being completely detached from reality.

Says they will never disappear without a reason, but does exactly that.

Abruptly goes from being very open to being very secretive.

Can't guarantee they won't cheat if things are not 100% their way all the time in a relationship, yet expects you to be completely unaffected if they actually do cheat.

Doesn't allow you opportunity to improve yourself, and if you do improve yourself, accuses you of trying to intentionally deceive them.

This is a good list.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
That's cool. I can relate to the unwanted pressure.

When there is chemistry thought, then you do wish to talk to the person and them you, however you/they will be extremely mindful of making them/you feel comfortable and not pressured.

That's what I figured. Plus I wouldn't have wanted space, had my boundaries not been crossed in the first place...

I guess a good rule is: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is :D

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 5:52 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Red flags:

Calls you weak because you asked for advice

Accuses you of being passive and unmotivated because you decided to wait and see what her short terms plans before you decided your next course of action

Accuses people of being manipulators if they question her views on relationships, despite the views being completely detached from reality.

Says they will never disappear without a reason, but does exactly that.

Abruptly goes from being very open to being very secretive.

Can't guarantee they won't cheat if things are not 100% their way all the time in a relationship, yet expects you to be completely unaffected if they actually do cheat.

Doesn't allow you opportunity to improve yourself, and if you do improve yourself, accuses you of trying to intentionally deceive them.

This is a good list.

I concur.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:20 pm

They have created a shrine to their ex.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:47 pm

If they talk too much about their ex.

I've met up once with a girl on a first 'date' and literally all she talked about was her ex, Mustapha if I recall right is his name, who dumped her.

I've learned how her Mustapha looks like.
Mustapha's full name .
Mustapha's father name.
What Mustapha works
Mustapha's political orientation.
How many siblings Mustapha has.
How tall Mustapha is.
Mustapha personality's pros and cons.
Even the dessert we ordered...turned out to be Mustapha's favorite too!

(I am glad she didn't talk about his penis though).

Later I told her I felt like I was dating Mustapha instead. O this ended it well as planned.