Irrational fears approaching women

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

unityofknowledge
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2017, 7:32 am

I'm sure some people must do it and it's okay. You just have to have it be natural. It's not a crime.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 8:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yeah, in reality approaching women in public transit is bad idea; even if those comics are suggesting otherwise.
I showed the second comic to my therapist, and she said: “Oh, but most couples I know actually met in public transportation...” You should probably know what you are doing, though, so maybe it's not the best choice for romantically inexperienced Aspies.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

Vectorspace wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yeah, in reality approaching women in public transit is bad idea; even if those comics are suggesting otherwise.
I showed the second comic to my therapist, and she said: “Oh, but most couples I know actually met in public transportation...” You should probably know what you are doing, though, so maybe it's not the best choice for romantically inexperienced Aspies.

Most people exaggerate, don't believe everything said; her "most" is probably one or two couples.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 9:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Vectorspace wrote:
Most people exaggerate, don't believe everything said; her "most" is probably one or two couples.
She mentioned a few specific examples. It's probably not representative, but the option does exist.

Still, I think that for doing this, you must be very good at talking to women (and sufficiently attractive yourself), so it's not the approach I would try.