Were you ever put in a psych hospital?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:18 pm

...Yes . :cry: :P :(

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

For a long time, I never thought I belonged to this world. Still don't, really, but seeing there are quite a few people on WP with the same ailments as me, I don't feel so alone.

Anyway, after suffering 30 years of incessant bullsh*t, I decided to finally check out. Sitting in my motel room, I scarfed down 47 sleeping pills (just didn't have the belly space for the 48th!), washed them down with Michelob, and with the cocaine already in my system from a few hours prior, I thought I was guaranteed to die.

Next thing I know, I'm having my stomach pumped at Peninsula Hospital. Next thing I knew, I was being shipped off to Creedmore Psych Hospital where I lived for 2 months.

It really wasn't such a bad experience. Can you imagine, though? I prefer being in jail or a psych hospital to real life? Pathetic, but that's just how it is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 2:30 pm

You used to live in Queens, Robin?

I think you mentioned Far Rockaway once. I lived in Far Rockaway once.

I live less than a mile from Creedmoor. Creedmoor is in Bellerose.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

Yeah. First, I lived in Astoria, then moved in with some Irish kids at a house in Kew Gardens, then got my own basement apt in Kew Gardens. (The landlord there had told me if he rented the room to me, I'd have to agree to keep the front yard clean and the garbage for the building placed out on the sidewalk every week to be picked up. I told him to kiss my a**, so I got the apt without the provisos).

I was walking around Hollywood looking for an apt. I could afford the lower priced ones because I was working as a nurse. I saw this small apt complex with a sign out in the front yard that said, "Apt for rent." Spotting a Mexican groundsman of the building, I approached him and asked about the room for rent. He pointed to the second floor and said, "That's the one available for rent." So I said, "cool" and went to see the apt manager.

When I asked the apt manager about the room, he said, "It's not for rent. It's been rented already." I retorted, "Oh, okay. Since I'm in a helpful mood today, when I leave, I'll just pick up the "For Rent" sign and bring it back to you."

The manager jumped up and exclaimed, "No! It's okay."

I said, "I really don't mind. I'll bring you the sign."

Again, the manager said, "No. it's okay. Don't trouble yourself."

I knew the sack of sh*t had a vacancy, just didn't want to rent to a n***a.

These kinds of remonstrations are common in the rental and mortgage business. And they wonder why Robin is always a c*nt hair away from a f*cking shooting spree.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:34 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

I find it strange that you censored several words but imo not the most offensive word you typed.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:46 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
For a long time, I never thought I belonged to this world. Still don't, really, but seeing there are quite a few people on WP with the same ailments as me, I don't feel so alone.

Anyway, after suffering 30 years of incessant bullsh*t, I decided to finally check out. Sitting in my motel room, I scarfed down 47 sleeping pills (just didn't have the belly space for the 48th!), washed them down with Michelob, and with the cocaine already in my system from a few hours prior, I thought I was guaranteed to die.

Next thing I know, I'm having my stomach pumped at Peninsula Hospital. Next thing I knew, I was being shipped off to Creedmore Psych Hospital where I lived for 2 months.

It really wasn't such a bad experience. Can you imagine, though? I prefer being in jail or a psych hospital to real life? Pathetic, but that's just how it is.

I'd honestly prefer jail.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:

Really? You would prefer having to share a cell with someone you don't know , have no privacy when it comes to using the toilet and showering.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 7:16 pm

I'm homeless and live in the street. Using public toilets and showers are the norm for me.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 9:29 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

Really? You would prefer having to share a cell with someone you don't know , have no privacy when it comes to using the toilet and showering.

I'd have no privacy in the physch ward either.

Andyllama
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm

You may think I am absolutely insane when I say this, but I have been in a psychiatric hospital 9 times, and in 6 different long-term treatment centers. Most of the time it was because of depression and self harm, or one of my many suicide attempts. :cry: Actually, I was in a psychiatric hospital this past month due to suicidal thoughts. ( I take it as a step forward that I went into the hospital before I ended up on life support, not after.) I do believe that much of these self-harming and depressive and suicidal behavior can be attributed to my Asperger's and Borderline Personality Disorder. On a bright note, I honestly do feel as if I have made a breakthrough recently.

"Autism is not a disability, it's a different ability."
~Stuart Duncan

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 8:23 am

Andyllama wrote:
On a bright note, I honestly do feel as if I have made a breakthrough recently.

Thats good news dude. :)

MagicMeerkat wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

I'd have no privacy in the physch ward either.

I don't know where your located but the physch wards here in the UK sound different. My first visit was like an actual hospital ward so only curtains for privacy around your bed but toilet & showers were a solitary affair. My subsequent visits I was given my own room with a lockable door and toilet & showers were also a solitary affair. The point I was trying to make is when your are locked in your cell you have to use a shared toilet with no privacy Image

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 8:51 am

Andyllama wrote:
You may think I am absolutely insane when I say this, but I have been in a psychiatric hospital 9 times, and in 6 different long-term treatment centers. Most of the time it was because of depression and self harm, or one of my many suicide attempts. :cry: Actually, I was in a psychiatric hospital this past month due to suicidal thoughts. ( I take it as a step forward that I went into the hospital before I ended up on life support, not after.) I do believe that much of these self-harming and depressive and suicidal behavior can be attributed to my Asperger's and Borderline Personality Disorder. On a bright note, I honestly do feel as if I have made a breakthrough recently.

Good :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

SaveFerris wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

I find it strange that you censored several words but imo not the most offensive word you typed.

I just realised you probably didn't censor anything , WP did :roll:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 2:20 pm

<--- Apologizes for using any language which some may deem as being offensive.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 2:28 pm

Breaking News! Social awkwardness happened on an autism forum. Details at 11. :P

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm

I guess I am only one of several who didn't think the psych ward was so terrible. I've been twice to the same one and the people there are really great. The facilities were really nice, too. I've heard, though, that others in the area are not as good. My insurance is not as good as it used to be, so I think I'd end up in one of the second-rate (or third, or fourth, or fifth...) places if I go anytime soon.