Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 1:54 pm

Friday , had r digestive accident , and it ruined the pants I had on
Then , i found thata bag of stuff of mine that I had left in my bedspace at the shelter was gone ! :cry:
The bag was clearly in my space , and full of t :? hingsof mine - Books (which themselves were replacementcopiesof earlier :D -disappeared copies of the same - A Bible , Anna Karenina by Tolstoy) , litttle flashlights I had to try and deal with the not-enough light , soap , my medicine , I believe clothes - Including my one other pair of pants .(I noow have only the emergency repllacement pants I received aftter the pooping accient and am wearinng now, nothing more) . I trru :D to : deal with : things by replaceing lost things/making things better and life spits in my face like this. :cry:
Maybe you pro-: a home: types ill say that that wouldn,t happen there but I rather think that , Darwinically , as someonle likely with the least friends and oldest and weakest I,d get stolen from more :( .
After the poop attack I was exausted and was lucky enough to get to lie down in the next-door dropin center , where I supposed I made up lost sleep but , that nighht , I had another much-no sleep night , in my bunk - I imagine an emoticon of someone hanging themselves in a noose and eventually turning green and dying :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:32 pm

...No matter what I do to " re-build things up " and " start all over again " , life itself spits in my face :cry: .
I buy flashlights to deal with low light , they get stolen ,, my clothes go again & again :( ...DC was offering something nice to me :) but it appears that he's gotten sick :( .....................
The poop attack and the resting afterward was why I didn't get to a working computer yesterday ~ You know , I spend all these hours in bed , lights out , unable to get to sleep - IF I JUST could listen to music or talk radio , and drop off to sleep !
But I don't have any such player to listen to at all ~
Maybe some of you will say " Good . That'll force you to go into ' a home ' " ? (Where I doubt I'd get much being-alone being able to go to sleep at night either :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:16 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Maybe you pro-: a home: types ill say that that wouldn,t happen there but I rather think that , Darwinically , as someonle likely with the least friends and oldest and weakest I,d get stolen from more :( .

These shelters obviously house some of the worst types of people. You need to get yourself out of there. I thought you were trying to get out of SF and try to get into a care home somewhere else where you don't have a history with the social workers.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:26 pm

...Yes , well " GETTING OUT " ~ which would take help/funda ~ is the operative first move here , whether I went to any " a home " or not .
You seemed overly convinced that there was " a home " immediately around the corner , but not here .

Tobes wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

These shelters obviously house some of the worst types of people. You need to get yourself out of there. I thought you were trying to get out of SF and try to get into a care home somewhere else where you don't have a history with the social workers.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:30 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Yes , well " GETTING OUT " ~ which would take help/funda ~ is the operative first move here , whether I went to any " a home " or not .
You seemed overly convinced that there was " a home " immediately around the corner , but not here

No I actually agree with you. I hear what you're saying. But the first step to making the transition into a care home is to go somewhere that is fresh and new. Your HOT Team is doing absolutely nothing to help you transition into a better living environment. You need to get out of your current 'whatever' mile-radius and find a new case management team.

I was told SPECIFICALLY that "HOT Team can not refer people into care homes."

You need to find someone who can.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:38 pm

...I would need help in the getting away , as well as the building up and down to/from it .
I need to go now , it's pretty late already , I'll miss dinner at the shelter ~ Doing Internet is one of my greatest joys/distractions in life , and my deep cut-offness from doing it without much physical effort is a large part of my immediate problems ! :(

quote="Tobes"]

ASS-P wrote:
You seemed overly convinced that there was " a home " immediately around the corner , but not here

No I actually agree with you. I hear what you're saying. But the first step to making the transition into a care home is to go somewhere that is fresh and new. Your HOT Team is doing absolutely nothing to help you transition into a better living environment. You need to get out of your current 'whatever' mile-radius and find a new case management team.

I was told SPECIFICALLY that "HOT Team can not refer people into care homes."

You need to find someone who can.[/quote]

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

People like dcj123 are very rare in that there aren't a lot of people willing to financially pay for your ticket to another state. If you're waiting for that, it may take a very long time, another year or more.

My advice is to take it in stages. Pay $10 or $20 for a bus/train ride 50 miles or so. Get off there, find a shelter and wait. Then, when you're ready again, do the same thing for another 50 miles. If you do it in stages, it may be more achievable than wanting to do one big greyhound ride.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

...Thank you , however , I think this " shelter creeping " would be expenive (and there's my getting bus tickets problems !) , and - very - physically straining , and the bus rides would be expensive , adding up...

Tobes wrote:
People like dcj123 are very rare in that there aren't a lot of people willing to financially pay for your ticket to another state. If you're waiting for that, it may take a very long time, another year or more.

My advice is to take it in stages. Pay $10 or $20 for a bus/train ride 50 miles or so. Get off there, find a shelter and wait. Then, when you're ready again, do the same thing for another 50 miles. If you do it in stages, it may be more achievable than wanting to do one big greyhound ride.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm

Sorry your bag got stolen again, maybe next time, keep your bag with you, don't let it out of your sight, trust nobody.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 3:20 pm

...It,s MLK Day . The last few days: Friday , I had another bowel problem :( , ruining another pair of/pants/, then I went back to find that a bag-ful of stuff - Did I mention this ? I don,t have time to/re-read - my flaslights , etc. , books/, my medicine , taken from thespace they werein in my bed area .
Sunday ,
I had another bowel reaction :cry: , ruining those pants , themselves temporary substitutes , now I am wearing still another shelter substitute (The bag taken Friday had a wasmine pair of pants IIRC) , and now - I have lost my crutch !
Twice , in fact :cry: ! the first time , I guess taken from the chow room , the 2nd time , this morning , I somehow left it behind :( . I am quite tired now without one although I suppose the shelter COULD have another sub - Or m, the hot Team , however , I,m officially out tomorrow , IIRC , have to go to HOT - Carrying my stuff w-out a crutch makes carrying harder , and I,ll have to take the risk of leaving the : less vital : one behind at the shelter , though it could itselfmake : everything Ileft there get thrown away :.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm

Do you have any family that could help you?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm

...No . I do not :cry: .

ote="Kitty4670"]Do you have any family that could help you?[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

...In recovering from the Sunday bowel reaction :( , lying on the ground in the sun , trying to get some sun and ake up some of my lost sleep - I lost my : good : pair of glasses and appear to have lost some money also :( .
Sunday , I had chills in me post-the reaction and the lying in the sun , still havinng chills , and felt wobbly :cry: .
I did a substitute smaller cane.
/crutch jusstt now - but I like a bigger one , which streches me out .
I go the bus-driver rather mad at me earlier , I,d rushed to the bus from sleeping in the sun in the bus stop to fill out time (after leaving the shelter at or about 8 AM) , I had unfastened the rather-tight :( belt on these pants , then , seeing the bus readying to leave , got up and rushed there not having fastened the belt - So I dropped my big heavy bag sufficient that the two water-filled bottles camerolling onto the street just under the bus entrance , then I had to stand up and re-fasten the belt , the (female , rOrental) driver was saying : Take the nxt one ! : I was saying : I,m crippled ! : :cry: , if it,d been a male driver of another race would he have tried to close the door on me :cry: ? I did have my/my bag,s bulk blocking the door , so it would,ve been harder...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 7:14 pm

...IT IS NOW LOOKING AS IF I LOST MY " OTHER " , GLASSES , AS WELL AS THE " GOOD " ONES , AS WELL :cry: ! !! !! !! !! !! I HAD ANOTER ATTACK , AND LEFT A MESS IN THE MEN'S TOOM OF THIS KROC LAB'S LOO . :(

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm

...I DO APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN ABOUT THAT MISSING MONEY , THO; . I CAN CORRECT THE GLASSS NOW , I SUPPOSE .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 9:00 pm

...MY HAVING TO REPLACE NECESSITIES/BASIC THINGS LIKE THIS SO MUCH IS ONE OF MY ROOT PROBLEMS ! !! !! !! !! ! :cry: IF I COULD GET BACK ON ME FEET MORE ~ PARTLY , GET ENOUGH OF A SUPPLY OF SOME STUFF (SUCH AS CLOTHES) THAT ONE THING LOST ISN'T A DISASTER OR NEAR TO IT- :cry: