They lost interest overnight

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

I am on dating sites and I talk to women one them. Not many reply but the ones who do usually have really good conversations with me. I always get on after work (its the only time I have to do it) and usually stop talking when once of us has to go to bed. it always end the same way though I'll say good night. Do you want to talk more in the morning? They'll say yes but the next day I never hear from them again. I see them getting online but they ignore my messages. I try not to be to pushy about it but why does this keep happening to me? How many girls are going to completely lose interest in me overnight? its like they go to sleep and forget all about me when I wake up. Are they just pretending to like me even? I mean we can talk for over an hour a lot of times. It'd be way easier just to ignore me and not say anything right? Or are they just finding better guys to talk to and dont want to bother with me anymore? Its startig to bum me out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:39 pm

Makes me wonder what your conversations are about as it sounds like whatever you're communicating is instantly friend-zoning you & these women are simply enjoying a friendly evening chat and getting what they want/need out of that interaction and then moving on to chatting with someone they're actually interested in meeting/dating/hooking up with etc.

Whatever your communications are.. if you keep doing the same thing and expecting different results, well, that's the definition of insanity. So whatever you're chatting about.. change it up. Try something else. Try to gear the conversation towards asking for and committing to a meeting/date in the very near future vs. a conversation that's bound to end with, "well, that was a pleasant chat. good night!" because that will almost always be the end of that, as you've experienced.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 4:09 pm

I have to wonder if you're overstaying your welcome, just a bit.

A little chat is fine, but at some point, that lady might want to move on, go do something else, rather than sitting chatting with someone all night. Preferably she should just say that, but some people are too polite and won't and they'll just ignore you and hope you get the hint.

So instead, why don't you keep the chat to a minimum, like Goldfish suggested, and set up a time for a one on one date, and then see what happens.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm

You should prob google what to talk about. Don't expect the online chatting to make up for a date. That's for introductions.

I'd have to guess that you're talking for too long too early on, or talking about taboo topics like marriage. Heavy topics should come up later down the road. Online chat on dating sites is for checking compatibility, not learning everyone there is to know about each other.

Even if you're harmless, the trait we autistics have to not know when to stop talking is typical with creepers. You have to practice cutting off a conversation at an appropriate time so that they don't mistake you for an obsessive type of person. Those guys are controlling and sometimes abusive so women automatically shy away from them.

Also, stretch out your communication times a bit. I know you're excited, but women have jobs, hobbies, gym time etc. Talking at night, then talking in the morning after is probably draining top them. It would be to me even if I liked the person. It's too early in the relationship for that.