Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:15 pm

I know no language other than English . :(
I have never learned anything else , really .
I have toyed with trying to learn a language ~ Notably Welsh , which I've at least once had an audio tape and book teaching thing of ~ but it got stolen , IIRC :( .
For something " more practical " I have thought of French , or , of course for " practical " , Spanish .
Italian ? Because , um , I use the phrase " Grazie " some anyway and the New York Review Of Books published an Italian edition so it must be refined :lol: :wink: ?
Of course , I have NOTHING now :cry: .
I certainly couldn't , now , get a portable CD player of some sort , I guess , with the money I have now ~ Let alone some kind of download player ?
I don't know those , my general lack of technology knowledge in general ~ which I have begged for help here , no money or gifts , just knowledge ~ No-one has helped :cry: .
I could hardly go to a night class in languages with a shelter curfew ~ Besides , wouldn't those who disapprove of the idea of me going to community college , let aone uni , disapprove of that :wink: :oops:?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:36 pm

ASS-P wrote:
I don't know those , my general lack of technology knowledge in general ~ which I have begged for help here , no money or gifts , just knowledge ~ No-one has helped :cry: .

I could hardly go to a night class in languages with a shelter curfew ~ Besides , wouldn't those who disapprove of the idea of me going to community college , let aone uni , disapprove of that :wink: :oops:?

Firstly, as I've posted before, people here on WP have offered you suggestions on how to get help with technology. You didn't like the solutions that were offered to you. So why do you keep bringing this up?

Secondly, I believe it might be possible for you to attend night classes in languages if you lived in a group home. There are some communities which offer free or low-cost adult continuing education classes in subjects like languages ... and in computer technology, as a matter of fact, and as I believe someone else may have already suggested to you previously.

Check it out. I wish you luck.

Or as they say in France, bonne chance.
Or as they say in Spanish, buena suerte.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:42 pm

...I rather doubt I'd ever be able , even if I did in " a home " learn any languages...Put them to any real use anywhere or any time :( .

...I REALLY DOUBT IT , re: the " oh , in a wonderful ' a home ' you'll get to go to WONDERFUL ! classes " scenario . :cry:
Second , just for one of the suggestions for tech help..." Go to classes at the library " is not operative for someone who ius banned from there .
Arguably , in " a home " would I have any opportunity/ability to use modern tech ? Given both possible rules and my lack of money :( ?
I somewhat doubt it .

the_phoenix wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Firstly, as I've posted before, people here on WP have offered you suggestions on how to get help with technology. You didn't like the solutions that were offered to you. So why do you keep bringing this up?

Secondly, I believe it might be possible for you to attend night classes in languages if you lived in a group home. There are some communities which offer free or low-cost adult continuing education classes in subjects like languages ... and in computer technology, as a matter of fact, and as I believe someone else may have already suggested to you previously.

Check it out. I wish you luck.

Or as they say in France, bonne chance.
Or as they say in Spanish, buena suerte.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Last edited by ASS-P on 14 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:48 pm

Your doubt is doing you no favors.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 8:54 pm

...THROW YOURSELF INTO WHAT I SAY , 100% , NO DOUBT ! Never mind how .
Drink the Kool-Aid(R) !

the_phoenix wrote:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:11 pm

Don't twist my words.
What I said in my first post on this thread was, and I quote, "Check it out."
Thanks.

On another note,
if we're talking Kool-Aid,
I like lime green ... unspiked.
And if you don't want any,
there's more for me.
* said with an evil Q grin * 8)

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm

the_phoenix wrote:

x2.

ASS-P, if you wish to learn a language but doubt you can do it at the shelter or a group home... where else would you learn the language? A shelter or care home are the only two options available in the forseeable future. You need to stop doubting things and just do it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:16 pm

...You are convinced that there is " a home " just around the corner that will be nice ~ and let me leave if I don't like it ! !! !! !! !! I could tell you about my 21st birthday :cry: . And other things as well .

the_phoenix wrote:
Don't twist my words.
What I said in my first post on this thread was, and I quote, "Check it out."
Thanks.

On another note,
if we're talking Kool-Aid,
I like lime green ... unspiked.
And if you don't want any,
there's more for me.
* said with an evil Q grin * 8)

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm

I'm convinced that if you shoot down every idea that's presented to you without giving anything a chance, then you don't seem at all serious about following any of your dreams, achieving any success, or improving your life.

I've already read about your 21st birthday. You've had a rough past. You can go on to bigger and better things, and overcome your past. Or you can continue to make excuses all your life based on things that happened years ago.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:31 pm

...I have tried to point out my immediate problems ~ and it certainly suggests help I could use for them !
Clothes , lack of audio...

the_phoenix wrote:
I'm convinced that if you shoot down every idea that's presented to you without giving anything a chance, then you don't seem at all serious about following any of your dreams, achieving any success, or improving your life.

I've already read about your 21st birthday. You've had a rough past. You can go on to bigger and better things, and overcome your past. Or you can continue to make excuses all your life based on things that happened years ago.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:37 pm

And people (not just me, many others on various threads here on WP) have tried pointing out ways you could get help with things like clothes, audio, etc.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:41 pm

...Not so much audio , and my size problems , just for one , make additional problems re: clothes .

the_phoenix wrote:
And people (not just me, many others on various threads here on WP) have tried pointing out ways you could get help with things like clothes, audio, etc.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:45 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I have tried to point out my immediate problems ~ and it certainly suggests help I could use for them !

You mentioned not having any songs to listen to at night. Well, I have a possible solution. Follow these steps:

1. Click here: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
2. Find any song on YouTube and copy the link (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcdefg12345)
3. Go back to the website http://www.youtube-mp3.org and paste that link above where it says "Convert Video"
4. It will then convert the YT video to an mp3.
5. Click "Download" and it will download the song as an mp3 to your tablet.

I just tried it and it works. When you're next at a free Wi-fi spot, try downloading a bunch of songs to your tablet, so you can listen to them at your leisure.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:46 pm

De cualquier manera, como yo estaba diciendo antes, espero que tú tengas buena suerte en aprender idiomas. Hasta luego. :)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:48 pm

...I cannot do this now , but , even at more favorable times ~ I doubt how many free Wi-Fi spots there are floating around and how deep my - REALLY LIMITED ! - knowledge goes .
However , than you , I'll see . Maybe .

Tobes wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

You mentioned not having any songs to listen to at night. Well, I have a possible solution. Follow these steps:

1. Click here: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
2. Find any song on YouTube and copy the link (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcdefg12345)
3. Go back to the website http://www.youtube-mp3.org and paste that link above where it says "Convert Video"
4. It will then convert the YT video to an mp3.
5. Click "Download" and it will download the song as an mp3 to your tablet.

I just tried it and it works. When you're next at a free Wi-fi spot, try downloading a bunch of songs to your tablet, so you can listen to them at your leisure.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I cannot do this now , but , even at more favorable times ~ I doubt how many free Wi-Fi spots there are floating around and how deep my - REALLY LIMITED ! - knowledge goes .
However , than you , I'll see . Maybe .

My mistake. I just meant 'any' wi-fi spot where you can use your tablet to access the internet. For example, the Kroc computer lab or the Deli.

This advice above worked 100% when I tried it. I downloaded a song and it's great. :)