Do you hate feeling inferior to women?

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you as a male hate being considered the inferior sex?
Yes it makes me feel inferior and is discriminatory against men 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
No I think we deserve to be considered the inferior sex by society 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
No such thing as superior sex exists in our society 70%  70%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 20

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

palmtoka wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
palmtoka wrote:
One sex has purposes that the other may be lacking.

Personally, I, as a male, would prefer not to feel inferior to any female in general.
For one thing, I still don't understand the female-only train cars for the Tokyo subway system.
I believe it would be considered a type of reverse discrimination against male.
Female-only cars are sexist against men?? Yeah, it's so discriminating towards males that females get their own cars due to sexual harassment from males!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women-only_passenger_car

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... world.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/i-u ... 72514.html

Thank you for the links. I guess female-only train cars can be an effective solution to molesters as they are.
I still find it weird the fact that males as a whole are at stake when only a very small portion of them account for molesting.
You'r re welcome.

I agree that it is a small minority of men who commit those acts, but unfortunately the problem is big enough that women feel safer when they can choose to travel in their own train cars. The perpetrators unfortunately don't wear signs saying they are molesters, so what can they do? They can't have cops on every train.
It's a bad situation for both the females who suffer or fear sexual harassment, and all the good men who'd never do such a thing and suffer feeling like they are being regarded with suspicion just for being a male passenger.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's wrong...and it's absolutely incorrect...to generalize about gender.

There are some great women.

There are some sad guys.

There are some great guys.

There are some sad women.
I couldn't agree more.

Jamesy wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
What makes them superior?

My mom says there superior because they can have babies and are more intelligent.
Women can bear children yes, but not without men even if it's via a sperm bank.

Intelligence is pretty evenly distributed.

Multitasking was also mentioned, but it's not as if all women are great at it (I for one can't do it at all) and all men poor at it, and it's certainly not all there is to life.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Well it's been proven that women can multitask
can multitask better, probably. i'm not exactly convinced that's something worthy of creating feelings of inferiority towards an entire sex.

there's feeling inferior to specific women, then there's crap like this.

we may have had too many threads on this already.
Wait, is the OP saying he thinks our popular culture is depicting men as being inferior or is the OP saying he thinks men are actually inferior?
Ganondox wrote:
No, it's that women are better at multitasking because they have more white matter in their brains, but there is so much more to people than that.
What does white matter do?

Also what does grey matter do?

White matter is axons, it connects the parts of the brain. Grey matter is the actual neurons that do the think thing.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:22 pm

There is no such thing as an inferior sex. Everybody has their own set of strengths and challenges. Those gifts and challenges are more varied between individuals than they are between the sexes.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 12:59 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
My mom says there superior because they can have babies and are more intelligent.

Multitasking was also mentioned, but it's not as if all women are great at it (I for one can't do it at all) and all men poor at it, and it's certainly not all there is to life.

parthenogenesis, while not exactly universal throughout the animal kingdom, is certainly not unheard of, and i was surprised to hear that it occurred in animals as complex as passerine birds. (songbirds, order passeriformes). thought it was mostly confined to the arthropods, molluscs and such.

i have not done the reading yet to see if it has occurred in any mammals, but if humans were capable of it in any way, feel it would have some massive societal ramifications. 8O

i don't feel like "multitasking" exists in the same way most people believe it does...IMHO you're either doing one thing really well, or a bunch of things really sloppily - or at least not as well as you COULD be doing them - because you're not giving them your full attention.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 5:03 pm

Strange, I thought women were supposed to be inferior to men. After all we're physically weak with our undersized muscles, bad at math and abstract thought, and we're supposed to stay in the kitchen (a household kitchen only) and make sammiches for the men after they come home from a long day at the only household income. :roll:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 1:05 am

the majority of the math geniuses i have met post-high school have all been females.

during high school and before, the high-achieving crowd was very evenly split between XX and XY.

^^ of course, most people who think exactly like that in the west now, and are vocal about it, are in a minority small enough that it can be ignored.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

Men and women are symbiotic. Ma Nature wouldn't waste her time making duplicates when a team is more effective. Our range of ability overlaps, but our averages will never coincide. All that propaganda about women being better is just boosterism for women who are no longer needed in the home to make meals and clothing from raw ingredients, while home-schooling the kids. The Industrial Revolution turned the misfit homemakers into the avant garde, but the great crimes of history are due to plutocracy, not patriarchy. For any young family, it is just more practical for the man to deal with the world, and the woman to deal with the infants, and we then keep those jobs.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 2:26 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

parthenogenesis, while not exactly universal throughout the animal kingdom, is certainly not unheard of, and i was surprised to hear that it occurred in animals as complex as passerine birds. (songbirds, order passeriformes). thought it was mostly confined to the arthropods, molluscs and such.

i have not done the reading yet to see if it has occurred in any mammals, but if humans were capable of it in any way, feel it would have some massive societal ramifications. 8O
Interesting. I had no idea birds could have parthenogenesis. It's a very interesting phenomenon. I looked it up on wikipedia and it seems there are no known cases in mammals.
It's also interesting how some frogs and fish can change sex if needed (when there are too few of one sex) and how (some?) shrimp change when they get older. IIRC they are born male and turn female as they age. Nature is fascinating!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 2:48 pm

If a person with an IQ of 100 is doing two tasks, they have about 50 IQ available for each. This is sufficient for many jobs and necessary in a nursery, but focus is also needed for things like watching the stars to know when to plant crops, or figuring out how to arrange hot, running water. Neither gender is better. It is like having an argument over which of our internal organs is best, when they are all useless without each other.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

I hate feeling inferior to other men and being told that I'm not a real man.