Please stop with the excess hatred and anger of Trump

Page 3 of 29 [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:17 am

Dox47 wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
The right blocked Obama at nearly everything while he was in office!

That's why they're called the opposition, blocking actions that go against they and their constituents' wishes is their job.

Yes I realize that. But whats wrong with compromise? Both sides could try to do it a hell of a lot more. People in power literally just care about themselves and close friends, no one else! That's sick. These politicians are out of touch of what America wants and needs. They should be helping ALL Americans, period.

Corruption, money, power and greed is what has flooded Washington DC for many many years and its not going away with Trump. He isn't going to drain the swamp, just add to it!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

I found it interesting that he spoke to the world as well as America in his inaugural speech.

Quote:
...fellow Americans and people of the world, thank you.
You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before.
This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.
The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.
We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital, and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first.

Washington Post: Donald Trump’s full inauguration speech transcript,

So it seems Trump is telling the world that America will become more isolationist under his government.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:34 am

EzraS wrote:
The problem with Obama is he let himself get pushed around too easily. He failed to see things through and then blamed others for his failures.

The problem with the way the left has behaved, is it totally goes against the sort of image they were portraying of themselves as being enlightened peaceful tolerant intellectuals.

It says a lot that people are afraid of leftists. Afraid to say they support the president in anyway for fear of leftist branding and leftist threats.

And who is afraid to say they support the president in any way? In my observation I don't see trump supporters hiding that they supported and voted for him. And I imagine the majority of people on the left are not resorting to any violent behavior.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:48 am

androbot01 wrote:
I found it interesting that he spoke to the world as well as America in his inaugural speech.

Quote:
You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before.
The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.
We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital, and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first.

So it seems Trump is telling the world that America will become more isolationist under his government.

A new vision of treating our land like a garbage dump and air pollutant receptacle, soon we'll beat China in the amount of chemical emissions and such we release into the air whilst they become more in line with the rest of the world in reducing human environmental impact....now that's winning. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 12:01 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Quote:

A new vision of treating our land like a garbage dump and air pollutant receptacle, soon we'll beat China in the amount of chemical emissions and such we release into the air whilst they become more in line with the rest of the world in reducing human environmental impact....now that's winning. :roll:

That's my worry also.
I don't hate Trump,I don't like his policies and what he says.There is a difference.
It seems to me that there is more hate towards people on the left right now.Apparently we all want to go on a full out rampage,burn a city and loot it.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

People are just being blinded by ideology sometimes. I guess this isn't soley on the left, though. But they are making more stupid noise right now.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 2:40 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Quote:

Trump isn't an isolationist, furthermore that is the biggest exaggeration I've ever read. If anything, we'll get more nuclear power which is actually cleaner and a lot safer than the left has you believe. Also, it's funny that no one on the left is calling for industrialized hemp and rather have carbon taxes instead. Industrialized hemp would be ideal, yet Obama has never pushed for it. The only ones who have pushed for it, are Constitutional conservatives such as Ron and Rand Paul.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

Leftists tend to love to protest and revolt for the sake of revolting, it's the same everywhere in the world.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:38 pm

Datalis wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Quote:

Trump isn't an isolationist, furthermore that is the biggest exaggeration I've ever read. If anything, we'll get more nuclear power which is actually cleaner and a lot safer than the left has you believe. Also, it's funny that no one on the left is calling for industrialized hemp and rather have carbon taxes instead. Industrialized hemp would be ideal, yet Obama has never pushed for it. The only ones who have pushed for it, are Constitutional conservatives such as Ron and Rand Paul.

Well considering he wants to trash all environmental regulations, not so sure it is that big of an exaggeration. Also more nuclear power if it means less of less clean energy would be fine, though why not solar power, hydro power, wind power and things like that as well. And also considering this intresting bit of info one of my room-mates posted on facebook:
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-removes-all-references-to-climate-change-from-white-house-website/

And plenty of people on the left want industrialized hemp to become an industry in this country, including myself. However current federal marijuana policy stands in the way, and thus far it doesn't sound like trump or any of his the other republican officials plan on changing it anytime soon. I think I heard of one industrial hemp farm a couple of people started here in Colorado which I thought was a nice start at least in my state but yeah that is pretty small scale so far. Industrial hemp is a great idea, lots of paper and plastic products and packaging could be replaced with it...of course big oil might not like the idea of plastic which is made of petroleum being replaced by more environmentally friendly and biodegradable hemp.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 9:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Quote:

Well considering he wants to trash all environmental regulations, not so sure it is that big of an exaggeration. Also more nuclear power if it means less of less clean energy would be fine, though why not solar power, hydro power, wind power and things like that as well. And also considering this intresting bit of info one of my room-mates posted on facebook:
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-removes-all-references-to-climate-change-from-white-house-website/

And plenty of people on the left want industrialized hemp to become an industry in this country, including myself. However current federal marijuana policy stands in the way, and thus far it doesn't sound like trump or any of his the other republican officials plan on changing it anytime soon. I think I heard of one industrial hemp farm a couple of people started here in Colorado which I thought was a nice start at least in my state but yeah that is pretty small scale so far. Industrial hemp is a great idea, lots of paper and plastic products and packaging could be replaced with it...of course big oil might not like the idea of plastic which is made of petroleum being replaced by more environmentally friendly and biodegradable hemp.

I know PEOPLE on the left do, I meant Democratic politicians in general do not push for it. Neocons do not either, but most constitutional conservatives do. The only big dem that I can think of that would be for it, is Jim Webb whom I might have actually voted for over Trump. The EPA is a sick joke. They destroyed a river in Colorado and they have other regulations, like how to make a shower head and other dumb things. I have no problem with regulation of some kind, but there is so much over-regulation. I've seen footage of the EPA kicking people out of their homes in order to protect "endangered species", while at the same time letting big businesses like Walmart build stores on the same land; simply because Walmart has the money to sue. Wind power kills birds, solar isn't band. Hemp is still the best bet, because of all the uses.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:56 pm

Trump and his ilk will be ran out of Washington because they are an aberration, a mistake, a cruel joke that went too far.

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Trump and his ilk will be ran out of Washington because they are an aberration, a mistake, a cruel joke that went too far.

Yeah, that's why the Republicans own The House, The Senate, The White House, The Supreme Court and the majority of federal judges are Republican. You can thank Obama for this.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 10:37 pm

Oh my god, people of this thread, listen to yourselves! You're basically falling into the same group polarization mistakes as many in history have done. I swear, if I didn't have homework that I should really be doing instead of trying to change an interne echo chamber, I'd swap out a few words in each post, it'd probably sound exactly like conversations between Dems and GOPers in the 1968 protests, or in the lead-up to the Italian years of lead, or between ex-Nazi Germans and the Red Army Faction. That's just one period of time. You're so blinded in your fanaticisms and ideologies and such, you seem to forget a whole universe out there exists, unconcerned with who's right or not. And it'll come back to bite, whether a few months from now, or a century from now when people look back and think "boy was that a stupid argument to go to war over."

I hate political "righteous" violence no matter who uses it or their ideals, or even in my darkest moments if my mind started thinking of it. All it ever seems to do is amp up situations on both sides of a conflict, and I can't think of one time it ever worked in its goals. I hate the subtle of cycle of retaliation, "you do this, we'll do it to you". I hate the constant bickering and back-and-forth, ever since I was a kid watching the TV punditry in the Bush years. I hate mindless hero-worship, following the current side's line on things online or something.

I don't arbitrarily hate or have anger toward Trump, and I think there are tons of reasons to be disgusted and fearful of him being in power with sycophants. My point is, this whole thing is going nowhere, and unless something happens, like the "Right" recognizes that its party isn't the wholly sane and 'sweet innocent" group they make it sound like, and the "Left" recognizes that it needs to pretty much fix itself up out of a pedantic and closed-minded rut like a new version of the Tea Party or Fox News, it will mostly continue into a downward spiral, where people on WrongPlanet are automatically hunted for not liking Trump, and the hunted strikes back, it's nasty.

Well, just tried to bring sanity to an internet comment thread, that wasn't a waste of my time or life at all. And now, here's a little music because I can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGoI6prg6Q

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
don't hate Trump,I don't like his policies and what he says.

For the ones openly crying, rioting, and acting like spoiled children it's not so much hate but amusement, pity, and disgust. It actually could be a good thing from a non-progressive standpoint since the left that are acting that way are sowing the seeds of thier own destruction. Unless Trump really screws the pooch in his first term, he'll nearly be guaranteed a second term.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
don't hate Trump,I don't like his policies and what he says.

For the ones openly crying, rioting, and acting like spoiled children it's not so much hate but amusement, pity, and disgust. It actually could be a good thing from a non-progressive standpoint since the left that are acting that way are sowing the seeds of thier own destruction. Unless Trump really screws the pooch in his first term, he'll nearly be guaranteed a second term.

I'd like to see evidence to back up your statement, or is it being pulled out of thin air? And by the way, a simple question of curiosity, would you be happy if "the left" were all eradicated form the planet? Like beaten down by police, or listening to you so often that they change their minds and follow you? Yes or no?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 11:20 pm

Diabolikal wrote:
Oh my god, people of this thread, listen to yourselves! You're basically falling into the same group polarization mistakes as many in history have done. I swear, if I didn't have homework that I should really be doing instead of trying to change an interne echo chamber, I'd swap out a few words in each post, it'd probably sound exactly like conversations between Dems and GOPers in the 1968 protests, or in the lead-up to the Italian years of lead, or between ex-Nazi Germans and the Red Army Faction.

Well right but... Trump really is Hitler and he really has come to ban gay rights, women's rights to their own bodies, medical marijuana, make us a Dominionist Christian nation, and he'll be resurrecting apartheid, overturning the constitution, and instituting the Code of Hammurabi some time around the middle of next week.

Check your privilege!

:lol: :jester:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin